Question for Carnival Miami Cruisers that fly home

beta98beta

What is the earliest departure flight you would book? I know carnival says not to book a flight before 11:30 AM if you plan to use their shuttle. We don't. We are sending our luggage ahead, with that service they have on board, so we won't have luggage. What is the earliest a person can get off the ship, catch a cab and make it to the airport by? Also this will be on Christmas Eve in case that matters

I would not book a flight before 11:30 AM and I usually advise Noon. Do keep in mind that since it is Christmas Eve the airport will be a zoo so that is just added reason not to chance it with an early flight. Can you make something earlier? Possibly but things can go wrong. I can't see spending part of the cruise worrying about this either.

Keith

What is the earliest departure flight you would book? I know carnival says not to book a flight before 11:30 AM if you plan to use their shuttle. We don't. We are sending our luggage ahead, with that service they have on board, so we won't have luggage. What is the earliest a person can get off the ship, catch a cab and make it to the airport by? Also this will be on Christmas Eve in case that matters

The more important question is, what is the earliest flight time allowed for passengers using Carnival's Luggage Express? Unlikely it is any earlier than the recommended flight times; the earliest flight from MIA that Carnival will sell you their transfer for is 12 noon (transfer info). You should ask on the Carnival board to find out who has done what you plan.

Edited by fishywood

I agree with the above that Luggage Express may limit your flight times.

If you bring your own bags and grab a taxi to MIA an 1130 flight is possible - you need to be at MIA by about 10:00 (and with the Christmas rush exacerbating the normal TSA chaos, earlier is better!). That translates into off the ship with bags and clear of customs/immigration by NLT 9:30.

You can likely be off the ship earlier than that and make an 11:30 flight, but do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused:

All of these responses were great, we had forgotten that luggage express have their own requirements. We played it safe took the 3:15 and will have lunch at Joe's Stone Crab. I called and they will be open on Christmas eve at 11:30 AM and said this past year they had a special holiday menu. They may do it again so told me to call back in July to make a reservation just in case. If that don't pan out we will just go to South Beach and people watch for awhile... either way much more relaxing than doing the mad dash dance. LOL.

Thanks everybody!

Edited by beta98beta

ummmmm

Joe's does not take reservations IME

here's what their web page says:

So here’s how it works. You tell your friends you’re coming to Joe’s. Invariably, one of your friends then tells you that he or she “knows a guy who’ll get you in.” You then get to hear all the tips and tricks you need to know to make sure you look and act like you’ve been to Joe’s before.

The mystery and fun related to dining at Joe’s is ever evolving. So we thought it might be a good idea to put all the important information about coming to Joe’s in one place.

RESERVATIONS

You shouldn’t have any reservations about coming to Joe’s. That’s why we don’t take them. Just walk right in and give your name to the Mâitre D’. Guests are seated on a first-come first-serve basis.

Altho the REAL truth is the regulars and high rollers DO jump the line .... all it takes is $$$$

do they take ressie over the holidays??? web page does not say that they do . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

2 weeks ago on Liberty it took until 10 AM to clear self-disembarkation. We were on deck 2 and checked our luggage and got called at around 10:30. So I wouldn't book a flight before noon, and if your flight is before 1 self-disembark just to be on the safe side.