OASIS - Donuts

Since we are closing in on 60 days out, I am now officially obsessing all things Oasis... AND OASIS FOOD! :)

I know there used to be a donut shop on Oasis, but it closed. Can you get really good donuts anywhere else? I'm not talking the powdered kind. I'm talking about the really good, big, fluffy kind! :)

Thanks!

I don't know what kind they had, as I didn't check it out, but I believe that while Boardwalk Donuts' actual location has been converted into Boardwalk Doghouse, the donuts are now put out in a case in front of Cups and Scoops on the Boardwalk in the mornings.

I hope so. I love those warm chocolate covered donuts in the am with a nice hot cup of java.

When we were on the Allure back in April (before dry dock) they put the donuts in the displays on the Boardwalk. When we were on the Oasis in December, I didn't see the same setup on the Boardwalk. I don't recall seeing the good donuts anywhere but we didn't look too hard either. We took advantage of it a lot on the Allure.

Nice to hear some ships have decent donuts. As a Canadian, I'm sworn to love donuts. It's in our blood. But, on the Freedom class ships, so far, most donuts taste like this: (although our teenaged kids seem to still eat them)

pucks-close-black-500x500.jpg

Nice to hear some ships have decent donuts. As a Canadian, I'm sworn to love donuts. It's in our blood. But, on the Freedom class ships, so far, most donuts taste like this: (although our teenaged kids seem to still eat them)

pucks-close-black-500x500.jpg

I don't think the ships donuts are anything like a good fresh one from Tim Horton's :)

(I'm a native Buffalonian)

I don't know what kind they had, as I didn't check it out, but I believe that while Boardwalk Donuts' actual location has been converted into Boardwalk Doghouse, the donuts are now put out in a case in front of Cups and Scoops on the Boardwalk in the mornings.

That makes it the same as Allure, and as you can see I've been on Allure twice and going soon on Oasis. The doughnuts in that case were lousy and in that location you don't know how heavily handled they were. (They looked heavily handled everytime I looked.

They are not as bad as the pizza. ;)

I think it's a toss up. Other than shape, I've never eaten any donuts that remotely resemble the donuts on Oasis. They look good but that's where it ends. It was more like eating a heavy cake.

I think it's a toss up. Other than shape, I've never eaten any donuts that remotely resemble the donuts on Oasis. They look good but that's where it ends. It was more like eating a heavy cake.

Skip the donuts, go for the Zepollis at Cafe Promenade

They are not as bad as the pizza. ;)

I think that bears a taste test if we ever cruise together, but then since it would be on Oasis or Allure I would order the made to order personal pizza that so many people don't know about.

I think that bears a taste test if we ever cruise together, but then since it would be on Oasis or Allure I would order the made to order personal pizza that so many people don't know about.

I'm with you there Bill.

Alas, I have never tried it on our two Oasis/Allure cruises. I promise to give it a fair shake in fall 2017. Here is room service 'pizza' from Brilliance

f066e8bae6ef0590c56370eb5047d32e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yours wins

I don't know why Royal doesn't promote the make your own pizza at Sorrento's on the Oasis class. Maybe the staff hates it. I was hoping when Freedom got "Oasis upgrades" that this would have been included, but as you know, it wasn't.

To this day, with all the reviews I have read, I think mine is the only one I've seen that ever mentioned it and this is the only photo I have ever seen. I'll put this on my list to do this Spring on Oasis, just to make sure it wasn't a dream.

I don't know why Royal doesn't promote the make your own pizza at Sorrento's on the Oasis class. Maybe the staff hates it. I was hoping when Freedom got "Oasis upgrades" that this would have been included, but as you know, it wasn't.

To this day, with all the reviews I have read, I think mine is the only one I've seen that ever mentioned it and this is the only photo I have ever seen. I'll put this on my list to do this Spring on Oasis, just to make sure it wasn't a dream.

I've heard of it, maybe it was your review. I think we've hijacked this thread.

Edited by John&LaLa

If you're expecting a "good" donut, eat one from your local donut shop in your hometown before getting onboard...as you won't find any edible fresh ones on RCI ships.

You are wrong. When we cruised on the Allure a couple of years ago, the donuts were being delivered at approximately 7am and people hung around until the crew member placed them in the trays--warm and delicious, unlike the ones that one gets in the WJ.

You are wrong. When we cruised on the Allure a couple of years ago, the donuts were being delivered at approximately 7am and people hung around until the crew member placed them in the trays--warm and delicious, unlike the ones that one gets in the WJ.

I think that's gone now. Sorry