Take any receipts with you on the SUN

Merriem

We just boarded the SUN today. We are in a suite, so had all the packages except for water. I purchased the 6 bottle water liters package and was surprised that when we got to our cabin they were not there. I ask our butler, she couldn't have been sweeter. She checked with the concierge and was told to ask for my receipt. Now for $27 I wouldn't think I wouldn't need a receipt. Well, the concierge refused to believe me, and of course the cruise line would not make a mistake,

So I did not get my water that I paid for, and I am tired of dealing with this concierge who said "I do not have the authority to give you 6 bottles of water" she must be kidding me....nope she won't do anything...so tomorrow we will go buy some on shore. You travel 7000 miles to have to deal with this. This is the lowest level of service I have seen.

Other than this woman, everything else is nice and the rest of the staff is very pleasant.

I've read it over and over on different threads to get an amenities confirmation and print it out and bring it with you in case something like this happens. It isn't only on the SUN however it happens on all the ships.

Who are the Butler and Concerige on your sailing?

Edited by Sauer-kraut

We just boarded the SUN today. We are in a suite, so had all the packages except for water. I purchased the 6 bottle water liters package and was surprised that when we got to our cabin they were not there. I ask our butler, she couldn't have been sweeter. She checked with the concierge and was told to ask for my receipt. Now for $27 I wouldn't think I wouldn't need a receipt. Well, the concierge refused to believe me, and of course the cruise line would not make a mistake,

So I did not get my water that I paid for, and I am tired of dealing with this concierge who said "I do not have the authority to give you 6 bottles of water" she must be kidding me....nope she won't do anything...so tomorrow we will go buy some on shore. You travel 7000 miles to have to deal with this. This is the lowest level of service I have seen.

Other than this woman, everything else is nice and the rest of the staff is very pleasant.

That sucks. Is this Karin? She gets rave reviews usually. Maybe right now ask for 2 bottles of water, until things get sorted out. OR take two bottles from the mini-bar, and then replace them when you get things sorted.

I'm assuming you bought the water package before you boarded. That means you used a credit card.

And you posted here, which means you have internet.

Could you go to your online credit card receipt, and locate the $27 charge from NCL?

Or better, doesn't NCL show you in MYncl what you bought? I thought it did.

Or don't they email you a confirmation? Your email program probably has a webmail version.

Stephen

Yes Karin. Will deal with it when I get home ...

Too late when you get home. Nothing can/will be done about it then. You need to deal with it on the ship with the front desk. As others have recommended, look up your proof in your email or online.

Don't blame Sun. This could happen on any ship. On Star I had to show my receipt that I'd paid for transfer to airpot becausevit wasn't in their system.

As long as the OP can produce no proof of purchase, it could be that the order was never placed correctly. Yes, it could be NCL that messed up, but it could also be the OP's TA, the OP's credit card company, the OP herself…

So I can understand why the concierge cannot simply take the customer's word for it. Yes, the concierge should consider the possibility that NCL screwed up, but the OP should also think about whether anything else might possibly have gone wrong to cause the order to go missing. With no paper trail it seems unfair to pin the blame on anyone. It's certainly not the concierge's fault. If she was unable to handle the situation without getting rude, that is a separate problem. But we were not witnesses to the discussion, so again we only have the OP's side.

Gee- Karin was so helpful and lovely to me on my cruise 2nd- 16th Jan. Just produce proof of purchase. It must have been emailed to you, bank account or something. I'm sure once you show proof of purchase and get it sorted, you'll find out how nice she can be. She's right though- can't authorise something without proof. I would just rebuy the water package and once it is sorted out the money will be reimbursed to your onboard account or taken off your CC etc. I always take my amenities documentation with me just in case, but I also have it electronically as a backup. Hope you can get it all sorted so you can enjoy the rest of your cruise. It's a wonderful itinerary.

No reason for her to be rude. As others have suggested, go online and check your credit card you used to buy the water. It is a separate NCL charge that would be listed if you used a credit card. Take care of it tomorrow and print out the charge that was made to your credit card and show it to the concierge. Do this right away and don't wait until you are back home. I wouldn't buy water when in port. Use the bottle of water that is in your suite and then if this gets resolved, you can just replace the one you used. I thought they gave you one bottle of water gratis when you book a suite,

Yes Karin. Will deal with it when I get home. Just unfortunate anyone would be so rude. I work for a major online company and if you treated a customer like that once you would be looking for a new job.

I sailed with Karin a couple months ago. She was rude to me on a couple of occasions. Not a horrible concierge, but not very good either. She acts as if she doesn't have the power to get things done and when she can't she can get very testy.

Not a fan.

As many others have said; if you can take to the Internet to vocalise your distain, you can also locate the confirmation email, access your myncl account, or view your bank/card details to 'prove' you have made this purchase.

People definitions of 'rude' are also on a sliding scale. What I may think is rude, another may not blink an eye at.

Amusing responses........

Here's reality.

NCL/Concierge willing to piss off a passenger that probably has 5k pp in a suite for that sailing, over MAYBE 6 bucks worth of water.

Yes, just saw the charming woman at breakfast. Don't make the passenger mad. Very stupid woman., and am amazed she has that job. Guess she didn't think she could butter us up because everything was taken care of online before I left. Yes this was expensive, in 8003, and

You never put the paying customer in a position of having to defend

Having been in the DOS on the breakaway in September, here in January, and the Pride of America SFO to Hawaii March 15, I have spent them a lot of money.

This is not the way you treat anyone.....I emailed my TA, and will buy some water today in Uruguay ...

The order was confirmed on line. I did not receive an email.....

Amusing responses........

Here's reality.

NCL/Concierge willing to piss off a passenger that probably has 5k pp in a suite for that sailing, over MAYBE 6 bucks worth of water.

That's what astounds me. We aren't talking about a $399 inside cabin. A butler should get you the water and be done with it. (Not that the type of cabin should dictate the level of service, but if I'm in a suite I want to be treated well)

That's what astounds me. We aren't talking about a $399 inside cabin. A butler should get you the water and be done with it. (Not that the type of cabin should dictate the level of service, but if I'm in a suite I want to be treated well)

Ok, but at what's the limiting principle? If a mini suite passenger claims they prepaid the DSC, with no proof, should they let it slide? What about a suite passenger who claims the UBP? I understand it's frustrating but I don't think it's unreasonable not to give things away without proof, even if someone's in a suite.

Something is "off" here...willing to bet that even though you had a screen confirmation of your purchase that it never went through. Wouldn't be the first time it happened. Had to chuckle when LoveMyButler chimed in with her negative experience....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, just saw the charming woman at breakfast. Don't make the passenger mad. Very stupid woman., and am amazed she has that job. Guess she didn't think she could butter us up because everything was taken care of online before I left. Yes this was expensive, in 8003, and

You never put the paying customer in a position of having to defend

Having been in the DOS on the breakaway in September, here in January, and the Pride of America SFO to Hawaii March 15, I have spent them a lot of money.

This is not the way you treat anyone.....I emailed my TA, and will buy some water today in Uruguay ...

The order was confirmed on line. I did not receive an email.....

So you have no readily available proof of purchase.

Although nothing excuses rudeness, no one should expect to be given whatever they say they paid for (even $27 worth of water) if they can't provide proof of purchase. Asking for a receipt does not "put the customer on the defensive".

I can imagine more accurately how this encounter played out just by the words used here. I highly doubt Karin was the one out of line.