Burma gone from 2017.

jig

Last year we did 3 b2b2b cruises in Asia. I think the highlight was the Burma stop. Just looking the itineraries in Asia on 2017 and the cruises to Burma are gone. Wondering why! Maybe a lot of fuel to burn. Maybe because a lot of people were taking their own tours. Whatever it was one of the best stops has been taken away. Surprising, they are doing round trip Hong Kong to Japan in winter. Not sure if there will be lots of takes on those. Prices a year out are almost give away.

Last year we did 3 b2b2b cruises in Asia. I think the highlight was the Burma stop. Just looking the itineraries in Asia on 2017 and the cruises to Burma are gone. Wondering why! Maybe a lot of fuel to burn. Maybe because a lot of people were taking their own tours. Whatever it was one of the best stops has been taken away. Surprising, they are doing round trip Hong Kong to Japan in winter. Not sure if there will be lots of takes on those. Prices a year out are almost give away.

Actually the volendam is mostly in vietnam, thailand, cambodia, singapore and warm weather for almost all the winter but yes there are a couple of hkg to japan cruises in late feb and march and then april japan i would guess is tied to cherry trees? but no burma not sure why. I did burma on the pandaw river boat last year and that was a spectacular trip....

Which world cruises are you referrig to?

Visits Feb. 2017 not on world cruises:

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingyangonmyanmar-feb2017.html

World cruises Mar. 2017:

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingyangonmyanmar-mar2017.html

April 2017

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingyangonmyanmar-apr2017.html

Very handy website

EM

Wow. Did not realize that everyone else left too. When the volendam Dock the captain said we were the biggest cruise ship to visit. Times had to be changed because of tides. Maybe the 2 or 3 overnights cost them too much money. I feel bad as several company's did some wonderful trips for the cruise passengers. The bribes could not have been that bad.

What a great website. Thanks for the info.

There is a bit of turmoil in Burma these days. It is probably a safety issue as the country is in a "state of flux".

i was there for two weeks in november ...the two weeks right before the election on Nov 8....it was an exciting time and every village and town sure seemed to have all kinds of signs and rallies going for aung san...never saw any hint of a problem re safety.

we were on pandaw two for two weeks yangon to mandalay on irawadaddy river...a spectacular trip on a very pleasant boat....recommended if you want to see lots of little villages and see sights like being in a national geo special....

Thanks, Essiesmom for the additional info. Jig, you're right, it's gonna be hot. But this is the only time that we could book this tour. We leave from Toronto, take a sightseeing coach for 4 nights to Ft Lauderdale, do this cruise and then take the VIA Rail Canadian train back through the Rockies to Toronto. It crosses off a couple of bucket list items, so we bit the proverbial bullet and booked. Getting excited, actually.