Live from the coral 2/1

Mrs.Gosse

Rough start to say the least. Lots of issues out of dry dock. Our hallway on dolphin is flooded and it appears no one has shop vaced it all 3 days now. We have a growing puddle in our closet. I have reported it 4 times. I'm starting to get pretty mad about that. Also the wet hallway has a HORRIBLE smell. Lots of folks without hot water. Ours is warm not hot but just fine for me. Pools were not filled till yesterday and then randomly closed again last night.

The kicker... operational difficulties overnight so we slowed diwn so much we are not anywhere near cozumel. Still haven't given us an update on an artival time as of 830. Guessing we will miss the whole day.

Great staff and and excellent food this time though!

Do you get an inconvenience charge if you miss a port?

Rough start to say the least. Lots of issues out of dry dock. Our hallway on dolphin is flooded and it appears no one has shop vaced it all 3 days now. We have a growing puddle in our closet. I have reported it 4 times. I'm starting to get pretty mad about that. Also the wet hallway has a HORRIBLE smell. Lots of folks without hot water. Ours is warm not hot but just fine for me. Pools were not filled till yesterday and then randomly closed again last night.

The kicker... operational difficulties overnight so we slowed diwn so much we are not anywhere near cozumel. Still haven't given us an update on an artival time as of 830. Guessing we will miss the whole day.

Thanks for the update. Sailing when you return and hope they get the problems fixed for everyone to enjoy the remainder of thecruise and before the we depart. Where on Dolphin deck is your cabin, as that is what we have booked too?

I have a Facebook friend on board this ship. He's posted that they're down to one propeller and having thruster problems. Also, he's only getting hot water in his bathroom sink. Supposed to board Friday...keeping my fingers crossed (which makes it hard to type this).

I have a Facebook friend on board this ship. He's posted that they're down to one propeller and having thruster problems. Also, he's only getting hot water in his bathroom sink. Supposed to board Friday...keeping my fingers crossed (which makes it hard to type this).

Well, this is not good. One prop and she's cutting donuts off Mexico in looking at the tracking:

a.jpg.332e515735817c72cf1ea2257139c825.jpg

Thanks for the updates on Coral. I'm sailing on Friday and concerned about the problems mentioned by posters. I wonder whether our boarding will be delayed??

We are wondering the same thing as sounds like the problems are going from bad to worse. Watching the tracking right now and not really going anywhere, although running at 8-9 knots.

What site are you using to see the ship positioning, recent and current?

Here's a website for that info which shows the circular route & still a forecasted route to Cozumel but no ETA to there.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:371018/mmsi:310376000/vessel:CORAL%20PRINCESS

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks for the info, I was looking at the March departures & glad I was only looking. I was on the Emerald Jan 4 for 10 days after drydock & swore I would never go on a ship after frydock until all the issues were taken care of.

The Coral is experiencing more post drydock problems than other ships I've read about & thankfully they didn't add the additional section like on the Island & didn't remove Sabatini's for SHARE because they're already having enough problems.

Sure hope these problems don't persist through the Alaska season :( I'm so looking forward to my first Alaska cruise in May, and have been very excited to sail on the Coral because I've heard so many good things about her.

Two years ago we got a great short-notice offer for July on b2b 7-day Alaskan cruises roundtrip from Vancouver & I'm confident that the current issues won't affect your cruise.

If the itinerary & price was better on the Island we'd sail there; if the Coral was a similar option we'd always prefer her again because she has an IC, Universe Lounge, full promenade deck, aft uncrowded viewing decks & a gym with an outside view! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

Have a great cruise. Looking forward to reading your future reports.....:):):)

Bob

We were on the Emerald the week of Christmas, this was the 2nd cruise out of drydock and we had many, many issues!! No hot water for us for the first 5 days of an 8 day cruise. To me, that is not acceptable! We paid a lot of money for that cruise and was so disappointed with the food and many aspects of that cruise. Their were many, many complaints. We went to passenger services daily and were just told that alot of people were having issues??? That was their response! I could not wait to get off that ship--have never felt that way about a cruise! It will be a long while before we go on another princess cruise!! The ship should not have come out of drydock!!

I hope that the thruster/propulsion issues have been corrected, and that everyone is enjoying their cruise today!

I continue to hope for updates, and for info about the issues with the water/plumbing systems.

eta: Thanks for that update! I see your post came thru as I was hitting 'send'!

I do hope that the one flooding issue that I heard about has been addressed.

Edited by Wishing on a star

My friend on board the ship posted the following update about 20 minutes ago:

We have both propellers last night. Finally have pools and hot tubs. Big screen on lido is now working. Water in room is only warm. No Roaton.

Hopefully everything will be up to par soon.:)

I am getting a little nervous about next week's cruise. Princess should give these people a great refund. You go on vacation to relax not get frustrated. Once your vacation is over you probably have to wait a year for another one. So sad hope things improve

My friend on board the ship posted the following update about 20 minutes ago:

We have both propellers last night. Finally have pools and hot tubs. Big screen on lido is now working. Water in room is only warm. No Roaton.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like it is improving for those onboard. Those of us departing on the next cruise are really interested in how things are going onboard the next coupe of days.