Live from the coral 2/1

Mrs.Gosse

As of 5+ hours ago the ship was headed to Mahahual. No idea why nor can I find a current position. I'm hopeful that the movement is a good sign for Friday's scheduled boarding. Is there a site where I can follow the most current ETA for Ft. Lauderdale.

We were scheduled there today. However the weather has given us another sea day. So 6 day cruise 1 port.

We were scheduled there today. However the weather has given us another sea day. So 6 day cruise 1 port.

Thanks for the report. The Princess WEB cam shows you heading toward Port Everglades. From here, we could not tell it was weather related and thought it might be more problems with the ship, causing them to skip Costa Maya and head back to Ft. Lauderdale.

I am on the ship now, it is rocking and rolling due to high swells and very high winds (30 to 40 knots). The stop in Costa Maya was indeed cancelled due to this, the Vision of the Seas sailed towards Costa Maya as we were in our early morning holding pattern, and Captain reported that the Vision also scrapped her call.

So, another sea day!

Early in this thread there were mentions of various other issues, like flooding on the Dolphin deck, only hot water in some of the rooms, closed pools, etc. have these all been cleared up?

There are a couple of threads about the Coral's cruise & here's a post from another passenger who has further reported things are improving.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2308462&page=5

Things are starting to go "right" now. Yesterday the pools were finally all open and all of the hot tubs. Yeah!

The ship docked in Cozumel as we were eating our dinner, and we took a stroll outside after finishing dinner. Some passengers and crew were walking down the pier, for the crew it is a special treat being at a port overnight to get off the ship and enjoy themselves. Our group went to the Paradise Beach Club today that I found on the Cozumel boards as being highly recommended. It was aptly named and a perfect day. $3 entry gets you a lounger, free wifi and plenty of room at either the beach or the pool, which is simply wonderful as they even had loungers in the shallow water that we spent the day in. They ask that you spend $10 per person, and DH and I each had a drink and split a huge plate of delicious nachos which came to about $30 including tip. A great day!

Tonight we are casual and having dinner in the buffet. Tomorrow we are tryng the Bayou steakhouse. I have seen folks eating lunch at Alfredo's (Sabatinis) so will attempt to get answers for those asking.

So, after a day literally in paradise, things are wonderful on the Coral Princes!

Edited by Astro Flyer

we were in a nice mini suite on Coral deck. Shower water was not very hot but not bad enough for me to complain about. I gave a full review on this board--- For the person doing the Alaska cruise, as long as you don't care if there are babies with diapers, in the Lotus Pool, it will be fine. Also the anytime dining was not good for parties of 2. But I found the food unusally good to excellent, including the buffet.

we were in a nice mini suite on Coral deck. Shower water was not very hot but not bad enough for me to complain about. I gave a full review on this board--- For the person doing the Alaska cruise, as long as you don't care if there are babies with diapers, in the Lotus Pool, it will be fine. Also the anytime dining was not good for parties of 2. But I found the food unusally good to excellent, including the buffet.

Thanks for the good thread. Sorry about your disappointments.

What mini-suite were you in on Caribe deck? Since this was before dry dock, I'm surprised to hear about the tepid water. DW likes a nice hot shower.

Lotus pool is supposed to be for adults, from what I understand. The diapers in the pool doesn't bother me as much as not enforcing the adults-only policy. Since moving from Long Island to Florida in 2007, we've become fans of warm pools. If the pool's not 85, my wife doesn't go in. I can go lower, but once it gets in the 70s, I tend not to enjoy as much. Since ship pools are not that warm, we seldom go in.

When we were on RCCL just the two of us, we never had a problem getting a two-top in anytime dining. Sure, we had to wait some, but it was never a problem. On the Caribbean Princess last January, it was like pulling teeth to get a table for two. That's when we switched to the Crown, and had delightful two-and-a-half meals for just the two of us. We'll likely be dining in Bayou and Sabatini's for six to eight nights on our upcoming Panama cruise.

Here's a website for that info which shows the circular route & still a forecasted route to Cozumel but no ETA to there.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:371018/mmsi:310376000/vessel:CORAL%20PRINCESS

Am I reading this correct? According to the route forecast, your headed back to Fort Lauderdale.

Am I reading this correct? According to the route forecast, your headed back to Fort Lauderdale.

I'm not on the Coral but the Marine Traffic site shows arriving tomorrow in Port Everglades at 1030 UTC (0530 EST) on Friday & the bridge cam also shows the Coral en route there.

• 3 weeks later...