We Got it! We Got it!

minimartha

I've been watching online for an aft balcony room on the Nieuw Amsterdam or Westerdam the first week of March for a month. It was last minute booking so I wasn't sure we would get it. I've spend hours looking at deck plans for other balcony rooms exposed to the sun. Last night there were none, first thing this morning I checked again and WE GOT IT!!! They even worked a past guest deal so I could afford to book our college kids to sail with us. Counting Down!! Was so excited and wanted to share because non cruisers JUST DON"T UNDERSTAND! Yay!~ Picture review coming in 5 weeks :)

Edited by minimartha
left out words

Good for you.

Oddly enough, some of our best cabins have been booked inside the final payment window. One of the very best was on a Carnival ship three days prior to embarkation. We sometimes wonder if it is because previously assigned customers have been upgraded or accepted an upgrade offer.

Edited by iancal

I've been watching online for an aft balcony room on the Nieuw Amsterdam or Westerdam the first week of March for a month. It was last minute booking so I wasn't sure we would get it. I've spend hours looking at deck plans for other balcony rooms exposed to the sun. Last night there were none, first thing this morning I checked again and WE GOT IT!!! They even worked a past guest deal so I could afford to book our college kids to sail with us. Counting Down!! Was so excited and wanted to share because non cruisers JUST DON"T UNDERSTAND! Yay!~ Picture review coming in 5 weeks :)

Congrats! I always check after final to see if any good s/r's open up. We were booked in a VB guarantee for our upcoming trans Canal, and the day after final an aft balcony turned up. I phoned our TA, gave him the stateroom number. He was successful in moving our guarantee to the aft s/r without any upcharge - even though the price of the VB had increased to double the cost of what we paid in Oct.! Very happy campers, too!

Grats, we had that happen over Xmas 3 days before the sailing. Fun Fun !!!

When I went on the website u normally book on it didn't show a past gueSt rate or any state rate that you can sometimes get. When I called Holland America there was a past guest discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm happy for you, and it's great that you can take your kids with you.:)

If I'm seeing correctly, you were lucky enough to get one of the highly prized Aft Wraps on Westerdam? :)

If so, Congratulations!!

What stateroom did you get? If it is one that I've been in I may have photos of it that I can share with you.........

Joanie

It's not a wrap but was on the aft. I would have been flipping out if it was an aft wrap haha room 4183 I believe

LOL!! I know the feeling of flipping out with joy for an aft wrap:)

Unfortunately I do not have photos of 4183. BUT, if you do a google search for "Westerdam Vista Class 4183" you should be able to find some on a site that might have a few.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

It's not a wrap but was on the aft. I would have been flipping out if it was an aft wrap haha room 4183 I believe

Google HAL + cabins and you will get a site that has tons of info and photos, and 4183 on the Noordam, which should be pretty much identical. Enjoy!

Edited to add - unfortunately I don't believe it's an aft wrap, but nice nonetheless.

Edited by Lizzie68

We booked an inside guarantee last March on the Westerdam, took an upsell to a VF guarantee for $300 total and was assigned a VB aft on deck 5. Like you, I was over the moon! Kept the assignment a secret...my husband didn't even know I had taken an upsell. I let him walk in the room first and when he saw that balcony.....Wow!!!

We spent a lot of time out there, and it has spoiled us for sure. Enjoy your cruise!