Revenue Dept. refusing request - ideas?

I am a TA and Diamond level cruiser accompanying a young mother and her 5-year old disabled son on the Liberty of the Seas in April. We were fortunate enough to catch a price drop on the E1 category and were able to book 7408 (amazing balcony!)

I became concerned about the cabin being cramped with three people and the stroller which is used as a the child's wheelchair. I called RCCL and asked for the Revenue Dept.'s approval to 1.) allow me to move into the quad interior directly across the hall knowing it would cost me the single supplement and 2.) allow the mother and child to remain in 7408 although it is designated as a triple.

Although there are many empty cabins on this sailing - and my request would generate additional revenue for the cruise line - Revenue has turned down my request.....twice. Both agents on the phone felt badly about Revenue's response, but I am unsure what more I can do to promote my request. I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas to try prior to final payment next week.

(I am well aware that cabin capacity can't be exceeded, but I'm surprised that fewer than allowed has become such an issue for the cruise line. I haven't run into this as an issue on any previous cruise.)

Thanks for any help you offer!

Maureen

I am a TA and Diamond level cruiser accompanying a young mother and her 5-year old disabled son on the Liberty of the Seas in April. We were fortunate enough to catch a price drop on the E1 category and were able to book 7408 (amazing balcony!)

I became concerned about the cabin being cramped with three people and the stroller which is used as a the child's wheelchair. I called RCCL and asked for the Revenue Dept.'s approval to 1.) allow me to move into the quad interior directly across the hall knowing it would cost me the single supplement and 2.) allow the mother and child to remain in 7408 although it is designated as a triple.

Although there are many empty cabins on this sailing - and my request would generate additional revenue for the cruise line - Revenue has turned down my request.....twice. Both agents on the phone felt badly about Revenue's response, but I am unsure what more I can do to promote my request. I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas to try prior to final payment next week.

(I am well aware that cabin capacity can't be exceeded, but I'm surprised that fewer than allowed has become such an issue for the cruise line. I haven't run into this as an issue on any previous cruise.)

Thanks for any help you offer!

Maureen

Unfortunately it has become an issue with RCI...hate this policy change that took place a few years (or less) ago...that limits cabin choice as some of us have had.

Hope it works out for all of you.

I second contacting the special needs group. special_needs @ rccl.com

We have a son in a wheelchair, and the special needs people have always gone out of their way to help help..Indeed, trying calling and explain the situation to them. Good Luck

I hate the minimum occupancy requirement. I travel as a single. I have lots of money. I want a certain room. I don't care how much it costs. Their web site wont offer to sell it to me. Their loss. Leave it empty then. I wish that they should remove these restrictions two weeks prior to sailing as I often take a spontaneous cruise.

I would pursue the special needs department. Explain that the equipment for the child takes up lots of room and having 3 people in the room is not safe in the unlikely event of an evacuation. ;)

I hate the minimum occupancy requirement. I travel as a single. I have lots of money. I want a certain room. I don't care how much it costs. Their web site wont offer to sell it to me. Their loss. Leave it empty then. I wish that they should remove these restrictions two weeks prior to sailing as I often take a spontaneous cruise.

I would pursue the special needs department. Explain that the equipment for the child takes up lots of room and having 3 people in the room is not safe in the unlikely event of an evacuation. ;)

Not sure if this is more than you want to spend, but you can book the minimum number of guests with fake names and they can be no shows.

Thanks for all your support!!

I contacted C&A who forwarded my request to the special needs department. An M category cabin (3 doors from the original cabin) was eligible for single booking. I was allowed to book it without affecting my friend's double booking in a triple occupancy balcony. It was the perfect resolution but pretty darn close!

I guess now we just have to think about the Zika virus - it never ends..... :)

You're the professional and you ask?

SeaUs,

Typically I would ignore a demeaning comment, but seeing that you have a great deal of cruise experience, I am surprised at your snide response.

Although I am a TA and have taken many cruises on a variety of cruise lines, I reached out to the Cruise Critic community to see if there may something I hadn't considered. I believe that is an essential function of the message boards. I am grateful to all who sent considerate replies.

SeaUs,

Typically I would ignore a demeaning comment, but seeing that you have a great deal of cruise experience, I am surprised at your snide response.

Although I am a TA and have taken many cruises on a variety of cruise lines, I reached out to the Cruise Critic community to see if there may something I hadn't considered. I believe that is an essential function of the message boards. I am grateful to all who sent considerate replies.

"Like"

A lot.

:)