Would you pay a surcharge for a formal only dining room area?

LMaxwell

Would you pay a surcharge for a formal only dining room area?  

369 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay a surcharge for a formal only dining room area?

We have never understood why some people are so anal about dress codes. I very much doubt that anyone will alter their dress based on the comments on these boards.

Why would anyone concern themselves about what someone else might wear given that they have absolutely zero control over it?

Why not just move forward? Go and have a wonderful cruise. If you let someone spoil your cruise or your evening because of their attire then it is entirely your issue, not theirs. You choose to get yourself in a tizzy.

Relax, have a good time. Life is simply too short to concern yourself about what others may be wearing.

Edited by iancal

The formal night / formal wear proponents on these threads continue to look down on cruisers who are in full compliance with Celebrity's new "evening chic" dress code.

Celebrity's new dress code was generous in allowing for their "need" to show off they are better people; however visualize a row of ten Celebrity male guests -- nine in full compliance of the new dress code wearing button-down shirts and designer jeans and one person in a tux. That one person in a tux was probably nagged repeatedly to pack his tux (I'm thinking of a few dozen follow up comments on the same thread).

The formal night / formal wear proponents on these threads just don't seem to accept that Celebrity has already eliminated formal nights / formal wear requirements.

I say we go back to Smart Casual, Semi-Formal, and Formal Like it used to be.

I have never had a cruise ruined by people not adhearing to the RULES of the contract they signed when they purchased thier vacation.. However, I follow the rules out of respect and I expect others to do so as well.

Regardless of the 'new' dress code. I will be bringing both my dinner jacket and tux with me. Its how I started cruising, its the reason I chose Celebrity all those years ago over other lines.

If someone shows up in a pair of jeans at my table I dont have a problem with them being there however I will think of them differently then those in a suit or tux

Celebrity has (past tense) said differently, bububr. Celebrity decided to be more casual to meet the preference of the vast majority of their customers. Celebrity is trying to attract a younger demographic.

I find it amusing as well as baffling that a few posters on this thread with literally THOUSANDS of posts on this website will not allow dissenting opinions from other posters! :confused:

We have already put suite guests in Luminae, Aqua class in Blu, Anytime diners in Select. Maybe we can divide up the MDR into areas for Australians, Brits, and other nationalities. Crazy idea! And apologies to the OP.

FWIW I wore a coat and tie for 20 years of cruising and will continue to do so. It was never an issue. Looking good is a matter of personal opinion and formal is nice, just too hard to pack for a multi week trip.

If someone shows up in a pair of jeans at my table I dont have a problem with them being there however I will think of them differently then those in a suit or tux

Why :eek:? They will be following X's guidelines. So you believe that people can't be decent folks unless they are dressed in a tux :eek:. No wonder so many people in this world fall foul of well-dressed fraudsters.

Let's hope you never need that jean wearer's assistance on a cruise ;). I'm sure if you were choking at that dining table and he performed the heimlick manoeuvre you may think differently ;).

No, I think the problem is some people won't be happy until the "possibility" that someone might dress up is completely gone. I've been on lots of Celebrity cruises and have never seen any kind of confrontation or argument between passengers about what someone was wearing. The argument was only here on these boards.

YUP !

We have already put suite guests in Luminae, Aqua class in Blu, Anytime diners in Select. Maybe we can divide up the MDR into areas for Australians, Brits, and other nationalities. Crazy idea! And apologies to the OP.
Darn . Just when I was going to push for a separate kosher vegan glutton-free dining area . :D Edited by richstowe

FWIW I wore a coat and tie for 20 years of cruising and will continue to do so. It was never an issue. Looking good is a matter of personal opinion and formal is nice, just too hard to pack for a multi week trip.

Cool post, although I don't like the MDR being split in line with nationality, I like to hear other people's perspectives on various topics and their travels and that is best achieved when the table has an assortment of nationalities.:D