Arrive in Early flight, anything to eat or do at Ft Lauderdale terminal ?

candykwong

we will be arriving into Ft Lauderdale in early flight 10am,

however Royal cruise only open for check in at 12:30pm,

since we're travel with a 2 years old, ( not planning to bring our car seats ),

so we only be eliminated to take cruise line shuttle, ( otherwise, car seat require by law if taking a taxi, etc ), so does any one know, where to eat at the terminal or port, or any advise, what should I do in this 2 hours gap ? not planning to sit at the airport doing nothing.

Many thanks.

Edited by candykwong

There are several places to eat in the FLL terminal.

Too bad you can't take a taxi as you could go straight to the ship. You could check-in and you might have to wait a short time. They normally start boarding between 11am and 11:30am.

The airline will check your car seat for free if you choose not to use it on the flight.

As mentioned above a taxi will get you to the port and probably on the ship before the cruise line bus will leave the airport -- all for about $15+tip for the cab, not per person (so it is MUCH cheaper than the cruise transfers). Same savings in time and money after your cruise if you take a taxi back to FLL.

There are food outlets at the airport I would grab something there as you may have to wait to board the ship & food may be limited in the terminal

If you are using their shuttles what time does your shuttle leave for the port ?

I would think they would have shuttles starting earlier than 12:30

There are a few places to sit and hang out at the airport on the secure side, but I don't recall much on the land side of the place, which is where you have to go to get luggage. There are a couple of kiosks, but not really much in the of sitdown, unless you want to find a bench or sit on the floor away from people. You really aren't that early to need to kill a lot of time though. As said, the ship will start boarding before 1230, unless something strange has happened.

...however Royal cruise only open for check in at 12:30pm...

No, this isn't true at all. They may have contacted you and told you that check-in for you was not until 12:30 but you can go over anytime. They make an effort to have staggered check-in and boarding to control the crowds, but it is not enforced in North American ports (have heard it is enforced in Australia embarkation ports).

Thanks everyone for the tips, does any one know, if a taxi have car seat with them, i guess not but just want to make sure, we are already have 2 big luggage and 1 stroller plus 3 carry on, I really dont want to carry extra luggage with us, no more extra hand for my hubby. so the only option it;s to take cruise ship shuttle to save the car seat hassle. :(