Chumley's Bears ???

BillyBoat

Respectfully, I don't think anyone implied this cruise was being used as a recruitment tool. Simply put, the demographic is out of balance and could make many uncomfortable...or annoyed.

I never though of quotas before. GREAT IDEA I want to be at table with the group that buys wine for whole table every night

Respectfully, I don't think anyone implied this cruise was being used as a recruitment tool. Simply put, the demographic is out of balance and could make many uncomfortable...or annoyed.

How is the demographic out of balance with a group of 400 people on a ship of 3000 passengers?

How is the demographic out of balance with a group of 400 people on a ship of 3000 passengers?

Have you ever been near/around the aft pool/Explorer Lounge/Skywalkers/Princess Theater area's when there are 400-800 passengers from a group attempting to be there too?

We have......:(

Have you ever been near/around the aft pool/Explorer Lounge/Skywalkers/Princess Theater area's when there are 400-800 passengers from a group attempting to be there too?

We have......:(

It's no different than when there are 400 people who are not together in a group at the Princess theater. There are 400 people there and you can't find a seat. Which happens on every sailing.

And he wasn't talking about crowds, he used the term "demographic" and being annoyed and uncomfortable. There is an elephant in the room lurking on this thread

It's no different than when there are 400 people who are not together in a group at the Princess theater. There are 400 people there and you can't find a seat. Which happens on every sailing.

And he wasn't talking about crowds, he used the term "demographic" and being annoyed and uncomfortable. There is an elephant in the room lurking on this thread

Hmmm....welcome to Cruise Critic. :rolleyes:

That is so true. All those travel agents! I was very uncomfortable and highly annoyed, and I was quite sure any minute one of them would try to shove his agenda down my throat! :p

Thank you everyone for all the timely advice ! We are still trying to decide if we should reschedule or not. This cruise was to be the first week of a b2b.

Thanks again

Billy

Shift your cruise either before or after and you'll be glad you did.

Edited by floridalover5623

I made a mistake in my O.P. The Bears cruise is NOV. 6th, not. the 16th as I stated. Sorry,

Billy

That's funny. All that worry for no reason--unless there's another large group on the 16th.

We've sailed with several groups--Italian pharmacists, Cookie Lee sales reps, and some organ company. None of them have been a real problem for us.

That's funny. All that worry for no reason--unless there's another large group on the 16th.

We've sailed with several groups--Italian pharmacists, Cookie Lee sales reps, and some organ company. None of them have been a real problem for us.

But have you sailed with Texans? That is an experience. I've woke up in a cold sweat worried about sailing with a group of Texan Travel Agents.............. Once I even dreamt about a group of Texan Travel agents that were holding an Amway convention while on spring break.

Edited by TNTLAMB

Thank you everyone for all the timely advice ! We are still trying to decide if we should reschedule or not. This cruise was to be the first week of a b2b.

Thanks again

Billy

We were on the Royal when it first cruised in the Caribbean, and there were 500 Bears on board. They completely took over one pool and were "making out" in the jacuzzi. Also, the group was so big we were forced to change our dining room to accommodate them. Some were hooting and hollering at the male dancers during the shows. Most were fine, but some were really obnoxious about flaunting their "preference." I don't go on a cruise to see that. If you want to call me a homophobe, go for it, but my main problem with them was just the size of their group -- way too big.

If I were you, I'd reschedule -- now.

KK

Hmmm...I wonder if there are any Bears from Texas who are both travel agents and Amway salesmen? :D

That would be horrible... They'd corner you and force you to buy home cleaning products and the deluxe insurance package.

Why?

As far as i know Chumleys have never caused a problem.

When you have close to a thousand of any group, it's like you are on THEIR cruise, not a PRINCESS cruise...that's why. No matter what the theme may be.

When you have close to a thousand of any group, it's like you are on THEIR cruise, not a PRINCESS cruise...that's why. No matter what the theme may be.

As opposed to the other 2000 folks on THEIR vacation that want to be in the same place????

Well, when you sign up for a cruise you know that going in. Their will be thousands of people in a limited space, but they are all different for the most part. I personally didn't enjoy being on the ship with 800 Chumley Bears. It's a personal choice.

Lets face it if Princess advertised the trip as a Bear cruise the ship would sail only partially full. Given the choice, most people would choose not to sail on such a trip. I feel sorry for those who don't know what they're getting into until they're on the ship.

I'm not gay but, I have to wonder it would be for 400 gays to be with 2500 heteros that walking around arm in arm on the promenade deck, holding hands, having PDA's or watching the middle aged guys with their gut hanging out oogling the young gals in their skimpy bathing suits (or for that matter if a Bear even having to see the skimpy bathing suits on those gals.) Then there are those "slow dances"............... I guess I'm just too old to care what others do and really don't have time to pay attention.

Edited by TNTLAMB
  • Like 1

I've worked with a fair number of gay people. I'm sitting at work in a pretty small office. Due to attrition and departmental changes I think we're down to about a dozen employees at this site. Out of that small number two are gay. I have a few gay relatives. I don't have a problem with it. It's their business not mine.

I would still be somewhat leery of a cruise with any large group. 600 Red Hat Ladies would likely have an impact on any cruise. It's the whole "close an entire lounge for the group" type of thing or the "nobody else can use the atrium area because it's constantly filled with Red Hatters".

The type of group doesn't matter. It's the fact that it is a large group.

I'm not gay but, I have to wonder it would be for 400 gays to be with 2500 heteros that walking around arm in arm on the promenade deck, holding hands, having PDA's or watching the middle aged guys with their gut hanging out oogling the young gals in their skimpy bathing suits (or for that matter if a Bear even having to see the skimpy bathing suits on those gals.) Then there are those "slow dances"............

To quote something said by another poster on here, they probably would feel

"uncomfortable...or annoyed."

Well, when you sign up for a cruise you know that going in. Their will be thousands of people in a limited space, but they are all different for the most part. I personally didn't enjoy being on the ship with 800 Chumley Bears. It's a personal choice.

You are exaggerating. The group has never been that big, it averages 400-500 guys.

On 3000+ passenger ships.