Emerald cruise director

Lymanite

As of a month ago it was Frank Castiglione, he did a nice job:cool:

framer

Yes we were on recently with Frank, he is one of the better ones. For the forthcoming Transatlantic leaving April 2nd we were told it would unfortunately be Cheesy Childers.

We were on the Emerald for 2 cruises this past December. I did not care for Frank or the deputy cruise director (Karen? not sure of her name). The only time we saw her at any event was for the British New Year celebration - that's it - in 2 cruises. Their morning show lacked any chemistry and was the most boring I have ever seen. Sorry - just my opinion.

We were on the Emerald for 2 cruises this past December. I did not care for Frank or the deputy cruise director (Karen? not sure of her name). The only time we saw her at any event was for the British New Year celebration - that's it - in 2 cruises. Their morning show lacked any chemistry and was the most boring I have ever seen. Sorry - just my opinion.

The morning show is one of the worst things you can waste your time on during a cruise anyway. It's just one big advertisement trying to get you to spend your money. It's no wonder that only a few dozen people watch it. :D

The morning show is one of the worst things you can waste your time on during a cruise anyway. It's just one big advertisement trying to get you to spend your money. It's no wonder that only a few dozen people watch it. :D

On other past cruises, I've enjoyed the Morning Shows. :D

Edited by metairiegal

Other then advertisement for Princess items it doesn't provide one thing that's of benefit. The local news is more interesting even if it's a rehash of presidential election.

There is no local news on the Emerald's tv. Maybe national like Fox, MSNBC ?, but I would still rather the Morning Show. I can watch those national business news shows at home. Some Morning Show hosts have been very funny, some even have trivia contests.

Edited by metairiegal

There is no local news on the Emerald's tv. Maybe national like Fox, MSNBC ?, but I would still rather the Morning Show. I can watch those national business news shows at home. Some Morning Show hosts have been very funny, some even have trivia contests.

That's what I meant by local news.

Who actually needs a show comprised of Princess advertisements? I certainly can find my way to bingo or order the drink of the day without someone telling me about it. Another thing is having them read the Patter to me like I can't read. :rolleyes:

I guess it's not for everyone.;)

Current Cruise Director's name (or was?) is Neil Roberts from Australia. I felt he did a good job. Assistant CD was also from New Zealand but cant remember his name. This was the CD we had from Jan23rd-Jan30th on The Emerald.

Link to his bio-

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9th5jj204by8z6/AAB_Q0Svnw-8iaJV-u70MQeHa/Jan25.pdf?dl=0

And link to all Patters which I uploaded from last weeks cruise-

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9th5jj204by8z6/AABx8i_V0aeabgtuoFgiI1yXa?dl=0

Hope this helps.:)

i did not like frank as a cruise director. boring....i was on the emerald in january and he was ,to me, a non- show, non -event. one of the worst.

The cruise director on the ship is Neil Roberts from Australia. The entertainment on the ship was just so so. Comedian Jammin Jay Lamont was not very good. Comedian Mike Siegel was very good. The production shows by the Emerald Princess Singers & Dancers were nothing to right home about. (Some singers off key and the choreography could have been better. The new Musical Magic To Do is excellent. The Voice of the Ocean was far better than I thought it would be. Two nights they had tryouts and final 8 competed on Friday night. The winner of the first Voice of the Ocean on the Emerald Princess was a singer from Ontario Canada. We enjoyed the entertainment in the Piazza area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...