Changes to Crown & Anchor

And, then, there are people like us, who are diamond plus and always pick at least a balcony because I am clautrophobic. For our cruise in January, we were able to book an OS for a little more than what a JS is going for right now.

I'm impressed! :)

It was really just great timing and we couldn't believe our luck! The price is SO much higher now. Our favorite cabin is a GS because we usually cruise 3 to a cabin with our adult daughter which also makes the price a little more manageable because we slit evenly and 3rd person fare is usually a lot cheaper. There are ways to do it but, as I said, I would gladly take a balcony as long as I could cruise.

Balcony club?

Are you referring to Cunard or the New Princess Club Mini-Suites? I wish Royal had this, as I would like an upgraded Mini-Suite category, with improved dining.

I like the Mini-Suites, as they seem a great size, I just wish I could upgrade (like with Cunard & Princess) and have more benefits!

Are you referring to Cunard or the New Princess Club Mini-Suites? I wish Royal had this, as I would like an upgraded Mini-Suite category, with improved dining.

I like the Mini-Suites, as they seem a great size, I just wish I could upgrade (like with Cunard & Princess) and have more benefits!

Um, no. This will shed light

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1904895

Junior suites may be more of what you are referring to. That category qualifies for a few perks like early boarding, cofee maker, betterr toiletries. on Oasis and Quantum ships you also get access to the Coastal Kitchen for dinner.

Hi,

We have two 13 nite cruises booked for upcoming Oct./Nov. which will bring us to Diamond Plus. All final payments made.

Unfortunately, we may have to cancel both of them but not sure at this time. If we cancel, do we still get points even tho we haven't actually cruised?

Thanks,

NJ

Hi,

We have two 13 nite cruises booked for upcoming Oct./Nov. which will bring us to Diamond Plus. All final payments made.

Unfortunately, we may have to cancel both of them but not sure at this time. If we cancel, do we still get points even tho we haven't actually cruised?

Thanks,

NJ

No cruising, no points.

Hi,

Thanks,

NJ

No, you must complete the cruse to get the points

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No cruising, no points.

Ok. Thanks Bob. Hoped that wasn't the case.

Hubby is on blood thinners. Hit his head on shower knob on Friday resulting in subdural bleeding. Travel plans are on hold right now but hopefully by Oct. 26th he can fly.

NJ

Hubby is on blood thinners. Hit his head on shower knob on Friday resulting in subdural bleeding. Travel plans are on hold right now but hopefully by Oct. 26th he can fly.

NJ

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have travel insurance. Good luck!

NJ

Thanks. Nope - no insurance possible coz of pre-existing condition factor.

Not sure I can change names on cruise reservation either.

Taking one day at a time.

NJ

NJ

You are allowed to change all but one of the original names on the reservation.

You are allowed to change all but one of the original names on the reservation.

Ok thanks. Haven't checked with RCCL yet until sure of plans. But good to know. Was thinking they might let us switch cruises to later date - will see.

Thanks so much for your help.

NJ

NJ

One of the original names must remain on the booking. You could go and take a friend but you can't change both names and give it to 2 different friends.

Ok thanks. Haven't checked with RCCL yet until sure of plans. But good to know. Was thinking they might let us switch cruises to later date - will see.

Thanks so much for your help.

NJ

They have been known to make exceptions to their penalty policy in certain cases. If you end up needing to skip the cruise, give RC a call before you cancel and see if they will allow you to move to a later date. It's worth a shot.

Edited by clarea

• 2 years later...
On 2/10/2016 at 12:06 PM, CVU said:

Yes! We were that group.

RCL closed the DL and put all Ds D+ into the old CL on Oasis Class.

We were D+ then- had the new DL on Deck 4 for our TA from Rotterdam. That was a different story with over 1000++ to use it!!! It is gone and now the old CL is used instead

We couldn't even think of getting seat when we were almost Pinnacle. Or a coffee on that TA.

Others are almost PC now and no seat at 4:30 in the DL. It is the crowding that is making people angry.

No problem with us . We were at the Oasis in October overflow lounge  it was almost empty at the blaze The diamond lounge people will come and go and by 5:30 , 6:00 most of us going to dinner. Same with the Allure no problem there . Both carribean cruises.