Is wine package available on a 14 day BTB cruise?

tdeyette

On our 11 day Panama Cruise we purchased the wine package and that seemed to work out well for us. I have read that this would not be available for a 7 day cruise.

My question is, we have signed up for a 14 day BTB cruise (2 - 7 day cruises) … could the wine package be purchased?

Anyone with experience doing this?

Thanks in advance

On our 11 day Panama Cruise we purchased the wine package and that seemed to work out well for us. I have read that this would not be available for a 7 day cruise.

My question is, we have signed up for a 14 day BTB cruise (2 - 7 day cruises) … could the wine package be purchased?

Anyone with experience doing this?

Thanks in advance

It wasn't offered on our recent B2B on Regal.

We bought the package last year on a 7 day Calif Coastal cruise. Maybe it's up to the individual ship???

It was offered on our 7 day Caribbean cruise in January on the Emerald. And many were doing the B2B. You could choose a 7, 10, or 12 bottle silver or gold pkg.

That's encouraging news! I've been asking Princess to offer their great wine package on 7 day or longer cruises & hopefully it'll be available on our spring CA Coastal on the Crown! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

On our last B2B on the Ruby they didn't offer it. That was in 2015 .

Like other things on a cruise, standardization isn't always applied but it's a good idea for me to ask about it.

Recently I haven't asked my dining room servers if I could get it on a 7 day cruise after being repeatedly told "NO"! Hopefully they'll be truthful because the Regal's headwaiter at Alfredo's Pizzeria incorrectly told me the wine package was unavailable but was eager to sell me the AIBP instead. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

You probably will not know if it is available until you board the ship. Typically the wine packages are only available on voyages of more than 7 days be we were surprised to see them offering the packages at a table set up outside the Horizon Court on our November California Coastal cruise. You can always hope. :)

Ask, and if you are told "no", remember who said no, and ask someone else, keep asking until you get a yes. We have been able to purchase it on b2b's. Let me put it this way - it is "always available", just not always promoted. You should be able to find a head waiter who will say yes.

• 2 months later...
It was offered on our 7 day Caribbean cruise in January on the Emerald. And many were doing the B2B. You could choose a 7, 10, or 12 bottle silver or gold pkg.

One of our B2B cruises was a 7 and 7, no wine package. The rest of our B2B's have included a 10 day so we were able to purchase the wine package. This year we will be on an 8 then 8 then 6. Hope we can purchase the wine package.

Hi Lewes Beach, we're from South Bethany. Happy cruising.

One of our B2B cruises was a 7 and 7, no wine package. The rest of our B2B's have included a 10 day so we were able to purchase the wine package. This year we will be on an 8 then 8 then 6. Hope we can purchase the wine package.

Hi Lewes Beach, we're from South Bethany. Happy cruising.

Honestly, just keep asking until you get a yes. The Asst Maitre d' in the dining room should be able to say yes, as should the manager in charge of Crown Grill and Sabatini's, if you cannot get a yes before speaking with them.

Honestly, just keep asking until you get a yes. The Asst Maitre d' in the dining room should be able to say yes, as should the manager in charge of Crown Grill and Sabatini's, if you cannot get a yes before speaking with them.

Thanks & I may try it on a future 7 day cruise but not being able to depend on getting it on our cruise we brought on our wine last week on a 7 day cruise because we drove to the port.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It had been discontinued by sometime in February, unfortunately. I wanted to purchase another card and was unable to.

We were on Carnival earlier this year for two 7 day cruises. A wine package similar to Princess (owned by Carnival) was offered BUT it could not be carried between cruises because your account number changes and all wine purchased on the first cruise package had to be ordered during the first cruise. We had our waiter hold a half bottle into the second cruise and took remaining bottles from the 1st week to our cabin and brought them to the dining room during the 2nd week. It was a little confusing but not a problem.

Mike in Ohio

We did enjoy it on the Grand in March this year. Which ship said it was discontinued?

Hi Ginger. It wasn't discontinued forever, it was discontinued for the 4,5 and 7 night cruises the Emerald Princess was doing, regardless of whether one was on the ship for multiple cruises with a single booking of 14 nights or more.

Hope you're doing well!

You will likely be told yes by some folks and no by others, frankly we have given up even asking about the program and just order wine when we really want it. I don't know what goes thru the heads of the Princess brass, they have managed to screw up a program that should had great potential.