Empress DryDock

This was posted on the Facebook page "Amazing pictures of ships from Royal Caribbean International" with the caption "BREAKING: Empress just entered drydock for her transformation to become Empress of the Seas. Are you excited to see her again in Royal livery?"

This is the only pic that's been posted though.

Thank you for sharing. :)

Where did the pic come from? they have a birds eye view so someone should monitor.

This was posted on the Facebook page "Amazing pictures of ships from Royal Caribbean International" with the caption "BREAKING: Empress just entered drydock for her transformation to become Empress of the Seas. Are you excited to see her again in Royal livery?"

This is the only pic that's been posted though.

You should probably ask the people on that Facebook page, unless that Facebook page answers your question.

Thanks for sharing. Still think it is a shame to paint her hull white. She looks great in her dark blue hull. NCL kept the Norway's blue hull even though the rest of the fleet had white. I guess it is inevitable though as Royal has always kept their ships uniform in color on the outside.

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. Still think it is a shame to paint her hull white. She looks great in her dark blue hull. NCL kept the Norway's blue hull even though the rest of the fleet had white. I guess it is inevitable though as Royal has always kept their ships uniform in color on the outside.

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk

Oasis class and quantum class are blue.

Other classes are white.

Thanks for the pics. Now I remember why we loved her so much. Can't wait![emoji924][emoji876][emoji127][emoji227][emoji932][emoji898][emoji457]

My memories of Nordic Empress are slightly less favorable. :o

immigrants-urbanization-7-638.jpg?cb=1401971385

It appears you are not even booked on this ship. Some of us enjoy small ships.

The comment was about memories. That is how I remember her. We had a pair of deck 3 cabins and that is how I remember the crowds in the halls. Royal would offer $99 deals to the locals out of San Juan and pack them in like sardines. I will sail her once again if she goes to Cuba or I can get a good price on a JS. But never in a std cabin.

The comment was about memories. That is how I remember her. We had a pair of deck 3 cabins and that is how I remember the crowds in the halls. Royal would offer $99 deals to the locals out of San Juan and pack them in like sardines. I will sail her once again if she goes to Cuba or I can get a good price on a JS. But never in a std cabin.

Okay that makes sense. I just have seen a lot of crap talked about this ship and many of those people have not even sailed her. I am sensitive when it comes to this ship :p

Okay that makes sense. I just have seen a lot of crap talked about this ship and many of those people have not even sailed her. I am sensitive when it comes to this ship :p

No worries, FWIW, I think about her almost every day. My everyday mug.

1456930393761.jpg.cb23b34512c7c90b8dd69317b882008d.jpg

To be fair, sensitive or whatever, the post said "my memories" and called her a name that she hasn't been called in at least 12-13 years.

And J-La (oh yeah, that's happening) has the Nordic Empress listed right in their sig.

I, too, will take a cruise on her for the right price and right itinerary, BUT no amount of short drydock is going to fix the most major problem with this ship... she's TINY and she has rooms from an entirely different era in cruising.

Like her, love her, hate her, whatever... that doesn't change the fact that they aren't making the rooms bigger, they aren't making most of the rooms into balcony rooms, they aren't making the room layout more modern, etc.

To be fair, sensitive or whatever, the post said "my memories" and called her a name that she hasn't been called in at least 12-13 years.

And J-La (oh yeah, that's happening) has the Nordic Empress listed right in their sig.

I, too, will take a cruise on her for the right price and right itinerary, BUT no amount of short drydock is going to fix the most major problem with this ship... she's TINY and she has rooms from an entirely different era in cruising.

Like her, love her, hate her, whatever... that doesn't change the fact that they aren't making the rooms bigger, they aren't making most of the rooms into balcony rooms, they aren't making the room layout more modern, etc.

Exactly. I nabbed a kick-a$$ fare during the brief "C&A sale", or whatever it was, and will get to stop in Key West twice in 9 days, once until 8 PM! Solo in a JS. Plenty of room for me. :)

I also grabbed one of those great deals that lasted only two days ($343 each for OV including insurance, 5 night cruise). It doesn't matter how small the room is, we are getting the opportunity to experience a (relatively) tiny ship for the first time for very little money. There is something to love about every cruise and we are looking forward to finding out what that will be on this cruise.

J-La :eek:

BTW, I often access CC via my phone and I don't see signatures.

J-La........ SMH

I actually have one of the larger rooms on the ship but it is still half the size of my rooms at Disney World :eek:

Impatiently waiting for the August schedule to come out for Empress to see what we may be able to book on her.

I just wish they would put our August already. They are releasing her sailings in dribs and drabs and that is not nice. We have a small window of opportunity to slip in a little cruise at the end of August...and we would like to try Empress.

We check every day.