Wallet stolen

Drews_Cruise

That's so sad! [emoji17] I would still contact Princess after you return home to file a report just in case it somehow turns up.

Yes, I've told princess and let them know about my dissatisfaction of their follow up but in the end I lost it and can't blame them. It's my assumption that it was lost not stolen but in the end it was never returned so...

Anyway I only posted this as a reminder to everyone to stay diligent. Although this really put a damper on our cruise we still managed to enjoy ourselves because we love the princess brand. I was glad when this one was over and now that my documents and cards are all replaced, we are looking forward to our next cruise. Things will go in the safe much faster next time.

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments of concern.

I left my camera in one of the lounges during one of our Cruises and by the time I realized what I did (brain fart!), retraced my steps, nothing. Panic set in so I hot footed it down to GR and to my surprise someone had already turned it in. Big sigh of relief! If anything I just wanted the memory card. I could have bought a new camera. GR advised me the camera was turned in and GR left a message on our cabin phone letting us know. Something I do with my camera is I take a picture of my personal info. The person that found the camera thought to scroll through the pictures and found my info. I know it's a wild shot but it did work that time. The only bummer is the passenger who found it didn't leave their name. I would have liked to personally thanked them and offered to buy them a drink.

Edited by davekathy

What a frustrating cruise we are having. 1 hour on the Royal Princess and my wallet went missing. We went to the muster drill and returned to the cabin to find my wallet was not on me. Three days now and the wallet was not handed in. It's almost unbelievable that someone on a princess cruise could be so cruel as to not hand it in. I wonder how the person who took it can live with themselves....it's not Princess's fault but they don't seem to care much either. I would have thought security would at least pay a visit.:(

Sucks.. but luckily you are on a cruise and that is one place where you can almost not ever use your wallet.

Hopefully you were able to cancel all your cards and such and still enjoy the vacation.

I know the first thing I do on cruise/overseas is split out the CC between my self and DW and thus either can have a terrible accident and still not miss a beat.

As to no return, everywhere, be it at work, neighborhood, or with strangers there are really sweet/good people and others that are just plan bad...

I just finished reading this thread. As always with cc, I am mildly amused by folks who just can't imagine that others think or do differently than they do, or those who spend a lot of time speculating on what might or might not have happened (especially if the op never returns).

-Lost or stolen? Who knows. Sadly, bad people can crop up anywhere.

- Purses? Carry a big one, a small one or none ar all. It's up to you and your needs. No one else has to "get it". However, please do not ask me to carry your very heavy purse. :)

I just finished reading this thread. As always with cc, I am mildly amused by folks who just can't imagine that others think or do differently than they do, or those who spend a lot of time speculating on what might or might not have happened (especially if the op never returns).

-Lost or stolen? Who knows. Sadly, bad people can crop up anywhere.

- Purses? Carry a big one, a small one or none ar all. It's up to you and your needs. No one else has to "get it". However, please do not ask me to carry your very heavy purse. :)

Does OP speculation in the thread title count?

Does OP speculation in the thread title count?

Yes, op is speculating as well, but his account is a result of first hand experience. I find that easier to read than the posts of those removed from the situation. Just how I view it, of course .

What a frustrating cruise we are having. 1 hour on the Royal Princess and my wallet went missing. We went to the muster drill and returned to the cabin to find my wallet was not on me. Three days now and the wallet was not handed in. It's almost unbelievable that someone on a princess cruise could be so cruel as to not hand it in. I wonder how the person who took it can live with themselves....it's not Princess's fault but they don't seem to care much either. I would have thought security would at least pay a visit.:(

It's what your safe is for! If there was money in it, why would Princess pax be any less likely than any other pax to swipe it?