Whose sick of hearing about the Anthem incident

NOSaints1

I know it was sad what happened, but it's over all you hear is about the Anthem no one died/injured just move on with your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's 'cause it ain't hard

To get along with somebody else's troubles,

And they don't make you lose any sleep at night.

Just as long as fate is out there bustin' somebody else's bubbles,

Everything's gonna be all right.

Everything's gonna be all right.

What a great idea for a thread!

By the way, how intense were the winds and waves in your living room while this was going on? Must have been frightening.

Typed on my computer on my desk with my fingers

I'm sure the Captain was told to do so, I think it came from HQ and not NJ. I'm just as bad as everyone else but I mean you go on fb and that's all you see, go on CC and you see people's posts like mine. Where does it end to scare people like my DW that has such bad anxiety but likes cruising that is trying to scare her and others from not cruising.

I agree. And sorry to say guys but cruises are just that, on open water not on dry land resorts and anything can happen at Sea!

If anything it reinforces my belief that Meyer Werft build good ships .

This things are not common but if you are say sailing in hurricane season or in the open Atlantic, Bay of Biscay, North Sea etc.. Then things can be a bit moving.. :D

I agree.

A moderator should just merge all the damn Anthem threads together. :rolleyes:

It was not obvious to you, but they kinda did. Either merged, or locked or deleted threads so in there end there's only one or two left. I think they did a good job on this one.

However every now and then, a good thread or good post is enlightening.

TOO many people just do not understand how POTENTIALLY dangerous sea travel can be and that scares them when a event happens. Please, I do not mean/imply it is unsafe but as a long time boater on small boats, any thing can happen at any time no matter what the company or individual or Captain does or does not do. I really believe that many posters are worried or scared by this event and vent their feeling in sometimes weird post.

I guess I'm a risk taker and remembering the Challenger event years ago, some one ask me if I would get on a space shuttle and I said YES the next day if they ask me.

If you enjoy reading and discussing cruising, isn't that why you are here,

then there isn't a more fascinating story right now to me. I think the mods

should make it mandatory that every thread be about the Anthem cruise for at least the next week.

I hope so because I think people are making a big deal out of nothing

Nothing?, I'm sorry this deserves the rolling eye emoji. Take that! :rolleyes: when I get tired of reading it, I avoid the threads.

Wait, did I not get the sarcasm?

Edited by BillOh

I hope she sails tomorrow with captain Andersen on the bridge. Then, perhaps this nonsense will die down a lot.

Sadly, I cannot help myself from to responding to many of the dumb, ignorant remarks made in these threads. However, I do laud those who spoke with common sense and knowledge, as opposed to the plethora of arm chair mariners, who would not know an isobar from a millibar.

I was on the Anthem of the Seas for the February 6th sailing, I have also been on over 75 cruises and I think I have some knowledge of cruising, it was bad weather the ship did rock and rock things did fly off counters, glasses breaking, we lost a full bottle of wine :( BUT there was no 4 HARROWING days at sea... news media totally blew this out of the water (pun intended) the bad weather lasted about 12 hours from 3pm Sunday afternoon to about 2:30am Monday morning...

The Captain explained the he was sailing further out to sea to avoid the storm the storm was suppose to hug the coast and the storm took a sudden turn and we ran into it.

At no time did I ever FEAR for my life, like some people said, it was rough at times but to me never life threating. I feel bad for first time cruisers, I hope they give cruising another try because to me cruising is one of the best ways to vacation.

RCCL in my opinion did a lot for the passengers on board while we confined to our cabins for safety, all pay preview movies were free for the rest of the cruise, mini bar was free, next day open bar, full refund for this cruise and 50% off a future cruise... which we booked another cruise yesterday...AND never lost satellite connection, we were able to watch the entire Super Bowl and had internet thru the storm...

I really don't post to much...BUT all the stories that I have read or saw on the news I had to say something. and to the people who claim the they are gonna file a law suit...get a life if you were at home and the weather forecasters said the the storm was gonna be here but took a turn and hit you would you file a law suit against the weather forecasters.. weather happens especially at sea.

I will be back on RCCL in 2 weeks and enjoying another great cruise, and looking forward to many more

I was on the Anthem of the Seas for the February 6th sailing, I have also been on over 75 cruises and I think I have some knowledge of cruising, it was bad weather the ship did rock and rock things did fly off counters, glasses breaking, we lost a full bottle of wine :( BUT there was no 4 HARROWING days at sea... news media totally blew this out of the water (pun intended) the bad weather lasted about 12 hours from 3pm Sunday afternoon to about 2:30am Monday morning...

The Captain explained the he was sailing further out to sea to avoid the storm the storm was suppose to hug the coast and the storm took a sudden turn and we ran into it.

At no time did I ever FEAR for my life, like some people said, it was rough at times but to me never life threating. I feel bad for first time cruisers, I hope they give cruising another try because to me cruising is one of the best ways to vacation.

RCCL in my opinion did a lot for the passengers on board while we confined to our cabins for safety, all pay preview movies were free for the rest of the cruise, mini bar was free, next day open bar, full refund for this cruise and 50% off a future cruise... which we booked another cruise yesterday...AND never lost satellite connection, we were able to watch the entire Super Bowl and had internet thru the storm...

I really don't post to much...BUT all the stories that I have read or saw on the news I had to say something. and to the people who claim the they are gonna file a law suit...get a life if you were at home and the weather forecasters said the the storm was gonna be here but took a turn and hit you would you file a law suit against the weather forecasters.. weather happens especially at sea.

I will be back on RCCL in 2 weeks and enjoying another great cruise, and looking forward to many more

Thanks for posting and you should say something.:)

I hope she sails tomorrow with captain Andersen on the bridge. .

She might sail tomorrow but it wont be with Captain Andersen on the bridge. Numerous reports are that has he left the ship, as part of protocol, to help assist in the investigation. No replacement named as of now.

I hope she sails tomorrow with captain Andersen on the bridge. Then, perhaps this nonsense will die down a lot.

Sadly, I cannot help myself from to responding to many of the dumb, ignorant remarks made in these threads. However, I do laud those who spoke with common sense and knowledge, as opposed to the plethora of arm chair mariners, who would not know an isobar from a millibar.

Per Royal's website she is sailing as scheduled, but no mention of who will be in command...

Wow - very glad to read your post! Thank you. We are headed out on the itty bitty HAL Maasdam and even though avid cruisers I must say this one had me a bit on edge:rolleyes: Glad you folks are ok!

I do laud those who spoke with common sense and knowledge, as opposed to the plethora of arm chair mariners, who would not know an isobar from a millibar.

I can get my Diamond happy hour drinks from both can't I? I can sell you pressure sensors to measure your millibars