Can't decide on a ship for my family!

azmaui

Hi Everyone,

we are looking for Mediterranean cruise for our family with 2 young kids 4 and 6, mom and grand parents.

We are totally stuck. Would prefer from Rome but Greece, Spain or France are also ok.

We are considering

Carnival Vista

Celebrity Reflection

NCL Epic

MSC Preziosa

Yes I know we are all over the place and late (we want to sail in June). Have no idea how to go about it so any help would be appreciated! We were hoping for newish ship with awesome kids program and great food.

We don't have any must ports, been to most of them on land, just looing forward to nice Mediterranean cruise. HELP please!

Thank you!!!

Hi Everyone,

we are looking for Mediterranean cruise for our family with 2 young kids 4 and 6, mom and grand parents.

We are totally stuck. Would prefer from Rome but Greece, Spain or France are also ok.

We are considering

Carnival Vista

Celebrity Reflection

NCL Epic

MSC Preziosa

Yes I know we are all over the place and late (we want to sail in June). Have no idea how to go about it so any help would be appreciated! We were hoping for newish ship with awesome kids program and great food.

We don't have any must ports, been to most of them on land, just looing forward to nice Mediterranean cruise. HELP please!

Thank you!!!

Just start looking at what the different ships/cruise lines are offering.

There are a couple of web sites that allow you to search by ship , ports of call and date . I would look at Celebrity and NCL first . You might find other ships that will be be a better match to what you are looking for. If June 2016 , better start looking and booking. Your getting close to the final payment date for this year. If in 2017 you have plenty of time to find what you want.

You know better what you want . Do some research on line with the different cruise lines.

I would avoid MSC. The Carnival Vista cruises this summer seem to be some of the best values, and Carnival is very child-friendly. Celebrity would be my top pick, but it's much more of an adult cruise line. I would price out airfare for each option to help you decide. That's helped us narrow down our options.

Edited by cruisequeen4ever

I know you said June, but have you considered DCL? We sailed on the Baltic cruise last year and are going on the 12 night Med cruise in August. DCL is wonderful for everyone especially kids. We have a 12 and 3 year old and I can't say enough great things about DCL.

We are also considered a RCL Med cruise this fall, but we have never sailed on RCCL, so I can't recommend it. The ports look fantastic and the are in Europe later than the Magic.

Decided on Carnival Vista! Never considered sailing on carnival before (been only on Disney and RC) but itinerary and cost were unbeatable. And we will get to ship on brand new ship that looks amazing :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I know you said June, but have you considered DCL? We sailed on the Baltic cruise last year and are going on the 12 night Med cruise in August. DCL is wonderful for everyone especially kids. We have a 12 and 3 year old and I can't say enough great things about DCL.

We have sailed on a number of different lines, DCL included. I cannot agree that Disney is for everyone but respect that everyone's experience is different. Although we had a wonderful time on our cruise (group of 12, ages 6 months - 60+), it was not our favorite. There was general consensus throughout our group that we prefer our dose of pixie dust in the parks rather than on their ships. (FWIW, we love Disney and are season passholders.) I will not get into ship by ship comparisons, but DCL excelled in some areas, and fell short in others. For their high prices, frankly, I expected more. I also recommend RCI for a multi-generational cruise.

FWIW, had a bad expereince on Carnival, but gave them a second chance - that cruise was even worse. Will never sail them again, will never recommend them.

On a European cruise, the ports are foremost. Your experiences off the ship are as important. Look at private tour options - higher quality at a lower cost. Amenities onboard are secondary unless you feel members in your party will not be leaving the ship much. You will be exhausted onboard. Weigh the value/cost after reading as many reviews as you can.

Decided on Carnival Vista! Never considered sailing on carnival before (been only on Disney and RC) but itinerary and cost were unbeatable. And we will get to ship on brand new ship that looks amazing :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hope you have a great cruise. Please be sure to post a review upon your return.