Port debarkation tips

Axita1

Just get up early an walk down the gangway or take the tender to port as Soon the ship is cleared by local authorities. As there are only 700 guests on board debarkation was always quick on our last Cruise.

Which ports are you visiting?

Just get up early an walk down the gangway or take the tender to port as Soon the ship is cleared by local authorities. As there are only 700 guests on board debarkation was always quick on our last Cruise.

Which ports are you visiting?

So can you be on shore in 15-30 min? Thanks

• 4 months later...

My wife and I are on the Panama Canal trip on Quest in January. In the port of Quepos, Costa Rica, we have a private guide to take us to the Manuel Antonio National Park, and she initially wanted to pick us up at 7:00 a.m. The Quest arrives at Quepos at 7:00 a.m. according to the itinerary, and a very helpful and knowledgeable person at the Azamara call center this morning told me the tenders would not begin moving until about 7:30. She also said we would be very close to the port, probably only about a 5-10 minute tender ride. I need to get back with our guide as to when we could her. I assume passengers taking ship-sponsored excursions will have priority on the first tender, but, from earlier postings on this thread, am I correct that we should not have any problem getting on that first tender as well (assuming we get our old bodies out of the bed soon enough :rolleyes:)? Do we need to speak with anyone at the Destination Desk about some sort of priority?

My wife and I are on the Panama Canal trip on Quest in January. In the port of Quepos, Costa Rica, we have a private guide to take us to the Manuel Antonio National Park, and she initially wanted to pick us up at 7:00 a.m. The Quest arrives at Quepos at 7:00 a.m. according to the itinerary, and a very helpful and knowledgeable person at the Azamara call center this morning told me the tenders would not begin moving until about 7:30. She also said we would be very close to the port, probably only about a 5-10 minute tender ride. I need to get back with our guide as to when we could her. I assume passengers taking ship-sponsored excursions will have priority on the first tender, but, from earlier postings on this thread, am I correct that we should not have any problem getting on that first tender as well (assuming we get our old bodies out of the bed soon enough :rolleyes:)? Do we need to speak with anyone at the Destination Desk about some sort of priority?

If you get to the lounge (this has always been the location for us when tendering) early enough you should be able to get on the first tender. They will give you tickets on a first-come first-serve basis to fill the tender if there is space, which there usually is.

Edited by ShopperfiendTO

If you get to the lounge (this has always been the location for us when tendering) early enough you should be able to get on the first tender. They will give you tickets on a first-come first-serve basis to fill the tender if there is space, which there usually is.

I've never gotten a tender ticket on Azamara? I just go. I usually pay attention to if the tenders have been lowered (look over the side of the ship), then i just go down to Deck 3 and wait. If I wait for the "Announcement" there is a rush and a line. Before or even a bit after usually just a short wait to get on tender.

Anyone else have gotten a tender ticket?

You're confusing Azamara with Celebrity. There are no tender tickets on Azamara. There's no need.