30% off beverage packages for D+ members on the Adventure [emoji106]

ckrobyn

Just as an FYI - I purchased a Royal Replenish package when I boarded on Saturday, and on the order form it had a box the server ticked off which clearly stated 30% off for D+ [emoji1] It also had a box for Platinum 20% off. I have no idea if this is the only ship that's offering these discounts?

I did take one of the order forms and will try and upload it.

Also, you have to check the towels out on the pool deck, but their hand held scanner is not connected to a computer..... I asked about it, and the pool attendant just smiled and agreed that it isn't actually recording any information.

Enjoying our cruise!

a203e5b7f468b3c493b96460de1ac103.jpg474d9d86500fe52af16dcc34daeeea8a.jpg2660ff924bd2d3fdc580322ea6298ad0.jpg249eb655b2816f900bf71d484e9ccf4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as an FYI - I purchased a Royal Replenish package when I boarded on Saturday, and on the order form it had a box the server ticked off which clearly stated 30% off for D+ [emoji1] It also had a box for Platinum 20% off. I have no idea if this is the only ship that's offering these discounts?

Also, you have to check the towels out on the pool deck, but their hand held scanner is not connected to a computer..... I asked about it, and the pool attendant just smiled and agreed that it isn't actually recording any information.

Enjoying our cruise!

Good news about the drink package discounts. Very odd about the towel scanning.

Royal should do away with the free drinks and give a set discount on packages based on loyalty status...

This makes far more sense for everyone imo

Are you kidding me? Why would I want to buy a package if I can get 3 free drinks a night? Some people don't want to drink all day long.

When we were on Adventure Jan 16, they were not scanning for towels on the Pool Deck, but did scan when you got one to take off in port. They were also careful to re-scan when the towel was returned after the port day. If I recall, those were also cordless scanners, most of which hold the info in memory and upload it later, so I would not count on the idea that the info is not being recorded.

Are you kidding me? Why would I want to buy a package if I can get 3 free drinks a night? Some people don't want to drink all day long.

I agree with you. I don't need to drink all day either. Maybe you could get the discount if you wanted to buy the package (pop or non-booze version) and still get the 3 free at night.

When we were on Adventure Jan 16, they were not scanning for towels on the Pool Deck, but did scan when you got one to take off in port. They were also careful to re-scan when the towel was returned after the port day. If I recall, those were also cordless scanners, most of which hold the info in memory and upload it later, so I would not count on the idea that the info is not being recorded.

I like your theory. I'd sooner not get the surprise at the end of the cruise and return and they scan as I go.

Good news about the drink package discounts. Very odd about the towel scanning.

It was like this on Oasis also. They pretended to scan your card. One afternoon when I was walking back to the towel station to turn in my towels one of the crew was coming by with a big bin of used towels. He said he would take mine for me. I said I needed to scan them in and he told me the whole story.

And if you cant see the way Royal are going with drinks then you are living in a fantasy.

Free drinks dont help them at all as they dont get any revenue at all from people who are happy with 3 free drinks a night. Packages are included more often with staterooms now more than ever.

i bet those free drinks will end at some time..

So your initial post was based on what is best for RCI and not necessarily what is better for the customer. Now I get it.

It was like this on Oasis also. They pretended to scan your card. One afternoon when I was walking back to the towel station to turn in my towels one of the crew was coming by with a big bin of used towels. He said he would take mine for me. I said I needed to scan them in and he told me the whole story.

Agreed.

The pool attendant told me the scanner is not recording anything. In fact I asked 2 different attendants, and got the same answer. The info goes nowhere.

Edited by ckrobyn

Royal should do away with the free drinks and give a set discount on packages based on loyalty status...

Makes absolutely NO sense as far as I'm concerned. I don't drink during the day, never drink soda and don't even LIKE coffee. Ship's water is just fine as far as I'm concerned and, unless alcohol is involved, wouldn't waste my calorie allotment on things like virgin pina coladas, fresh squeezed oj, etc. Those three drinks are more than enough for me, so any kind of package, even if they took 50% off, would be a complete waste of money.

That would be wonderful if Royal would offer a discount on the drink packages based on loyalty status. We are thinking of not purchasing the drink package for DH or myself because last year it wasn't worth it. We are platinum, and if we could get 20% off the purchase price we would definitely buy it. I hope they implement this fleet wide!

Great pictures! Thanks for posting! Have a great cruise.:)

Maybe for YOU but most certainly not for my husband and me! Please don't speak for other people when you obviously have no idea what their likes and priorities are!

This is exactly why they should offer a discount for D and up as well as suite guests.

They typically would not buy the package. But a discount would entice them to buy. More sales for RCCL and minimum actual cost.

I don't want to drink all day, but at 50% off I would probably get the package. Overall, I might drink one more drink in the day but they would be more spread out. More money for them, better experience for me.

This is exactly why they should offer a discount for D and up as well as suite guests.

They typically would not buy the package. But a discount would entice them to buy. More sales for RCCL and minimum actual cost.

I don't want to drink all day, but at 50% off I would probably get the package. Overall, I might drink one more drink in the day but they would be more spread out. More money for them, better experience for me.

Well my experience has been just fine. Maybe they could give folks a choice. You either get your three drinks or a discount on a package. I have no use for a package. And some nights I don't even go through three drinks.

Enjoying our cruise!

a203e5b7f468b3c493b96460de1ac103.jpg474d9d86500fe52af16dcc34daeeea8a.jpg2660ff924bd2d3fdc580322ea6298ad0.jpg249eb655b2816f900bf71d484e9ccf4d.jpg

Great news, did you happen to see what the discount was for Diamond?

Thanks

Well my experience has been just fine. Maybe they could give folks a choice. You either get your three drinks or a discount on a package. I have no use for a package. And some nights I don't even go through three drinks.

Of course, I wasn't proposing removing the 3 drinks free. I was only supporting a discounted upgrade to a drink package based on the fact that one already had three drinks free.

Robyn, how is the wifi? Enjoy your cruise.:)

Andrew

The wifi is actually really good. I wasn't sure based on others that had reported otherwise before my cruise. Pleasantly surprised [emoji106]

Great news, did you happen to see what the discount was for Diamond?

Thanks

I can't find the order form I saved!!! Grrrrr! I'm thinking it was 30% as well..... but don't quote me....

The wifi is actually really good. I wasn't sure based on others that had reported otherwise before my cruise. Pleasantly surprised [emoji106]

Let's hope it stays that way. :) Keep us posted if anything good or intersting happens. Here is to living vicariously through you this week.:D