Bad Time To Sail in the Caribbean?

franklin7425

June - Nov is hurricane season but I'd say try not to sail in Sept or Oct if you can avoid it. The deals are great during those months, but you can have itinerary changes, miss ports, go around hurricanes/bad weather, rough seas, etc.

IMO there is no bad time to sail in the Caribbean. Temperatures and humidity are pretty constant year round. The only issue you could run into in late summer/early fall is the remote possibility of hurricanes, but ships have an amazing track record in avoiding those things.

We always sail from NYC. Once in January our DD and BBF were in the hot tubs on first sea day, and people were using pools and sitting in the sun. Water was smooth as glass. It was beautiful out. Once in June on the BA we couldn't go outdoors till second sea day-due to high winds. You can never predict mother nature! Hope for the best, but you will enjoy either way.

Safe sailing

I agree that there is never a bad time to cruise :)

I get seasick very easily and I have cruised Sept, Oct, Nov, and survived! I then switched seasons and cruised in Feb, March, and April and found that to be fine too.

My November sailing was Oct 31-Nov 8 and we caught the tail end of a hurricane so we had swells, winds, and rain and it still wasn't that bad.

Since Mother Nature does what she wants when she wants, and if you are prone to sea sickness, might be a good idea to try acupuncture for sea sickness before you get on the ship. This is the key to my happiness :)

Also you may want to be flexible with your ports of call since the ship could miss the opportunity to dock.

Have done 5 cruises Sept/Oct with the 6th coming up this year . Missed 1 port ( Key West) and tried beating a hurricane back into Miami unsuccessfully, so had to go back out to sea for 2 days.

I'll continue to take that chance, although this is the first year I've purchased insurance.