Booking next cruise on board

They could make you pay it back!

Tom

Ya? no.... Not without my authorization! :D

I guess I don't understand why people don't understand that if you book a specific ship and date that you can change it. I've done it, even changed brands and it wasn't a problem. Was told it wouldn't be a problem and it wasn't. If you book an open booking (if they even still have those) then yes, your OBC was lost or reduced. Don't do an open booking, pick a ship and date. I even booked the Harmony the same week we have the Summit booked because the later dates still aren't open. Yes I will change that once the bookings open up, will I lose my OBC? No, because its already spent. I have invested $100 for a balcony room that I can switch, and RCCL has no reason not to let me switch.

Ya? no.... Not without my authorization! :D

I guess I don't understand why people don't understand that if you book a specific ship and date that you can change it. I've done it, even changed brands and it wasn't a problem. Was told it wouldn't be a problem and it wasn't. If you book an open booking (if they even still have those) then yes, your OBC was lost or reduced. Don't do an open booking, pick a ship and date. I even booked the Harmony the same week we have the Summit booked because the later dates still aren't open. Yes I will change that once the bookings open up, will I lose my OBC? No, because its already spent. I have invested $100 for a balcony room that I can switch, and RCCL has no reason not to let me switch.

So if I book an actual date and ship onboard and take the OBC for the cruise that I am on and later switch the sailing I will not be forced to pay it back?

So if I book an actual date and ship onboard and take the OBC for the cruise that I am on and later switch the sailing I will not be forced to pay it back?

If you take the instant OBC you can switch sailings as many times as you like. If you cancel you forfeit the deposit but since you had already spent that money when you got instant OBC you are really not out any money

• 3 weeks later...

We bought two open bookings the first of March 2014 and used one last year. We're thinking of booking something for next year but some family health issues may force a change. So two questions:

1. If the booking has only one name on it (not sure why as I gave them both names), do we have to pay a full deposit for the second person?

2. Given the chance we may need to cancel, do we lose everything or can we put the booking back as open to rebook later?

Trying to figure all of this out. Trip insurance to cover pre-existing conditions requires that you buy it within a day or two of the initial deposit and is based on the amount paid, even if it is refundable. So if we book at regular price (ignoring the open booking) we have pay for insurance (not refundable) based on the higher deposit, even though it's fully refundable. And if we use the open booking, the deposit is much lower, resulting in much lower insurance, but then we'd be out that amount plus the advance booking cost?

Very confusing.

Thanks for any light anyone can shed.

j