Can you swap out a gift for OBC?

hllwdcruiser

I have a pleasant dilemma and am seeking advice from all you kind sages on this board.

DH and I are both celebrating birthdays and our 10 year Anniversary next week on the Regal.

I printed up our on board purchases today (in case DH's pre ordered bottles of Scotch were not delivered) and discovered that my sweet and oh so lovely DD gifted us a Deluxe Balcony Breakfast. (So much for a surprise!)

Our dilemma? We have had both the Balcony Breakfast and the UBD in the past and although we enjoyed both we really don't want to do them again. I'm NOT going to tell her that we didn't really want it since we are so touched by the gesture and don't want to hurt her feelings.

Is it possible to have it swapped out for onboard credit and use it towards a specialty dinner instead?

Edited by hllwdcruiser

On my last cruise, I was able to exchange a gift of a coffee card for OBC, but they not let me exchange a gift of a specialty restaurant cover charge. I think there are some they will let you exchange for OBC and some not.

Good luck and happy birthdays and anniversary.

On my last cruise, I was able to exchange a gift of a coffee card for OBC, but they not let me exchange a gift of a specialty restaurant cover charge. I think there are some they will let you exchange for OBC and some not.

Was your gift of a specialty restaurant's cover charge part of a sale's promotion?

Edited by Astro Flyer

Once we got a photo gift from our TA and was able to exchange it for OBC instead although I don't know if that's official Princess policy or we had a very nice crewmember do it for us.

That makes me hopeful that it can be done. I am assuming you exchanged it at the Passenger Service Desk?

Thanks for the birthday and anniversary wishes! We got married the day before DH's birthday so he wouldn't forget the date.

The DBB is $45, so maybe they'll just let me pay another $5 towards a specialty restaurant.

I have a pleasant dilemma and am seeking advice from all you kind sages on this board.

DH and I are both celebrating birthdays and our 10 year Anniversary next week on the Regal.

I printed up our on board purchases today (in case DH's pre ordered bottles of Scotch were not delivered) and discovered that my sweet and oh so lovely DD gifted us a Deluxe Balcony Breakfast. (So much for a surprise!)

Our dilemma? We have had both the Balcony Breakfast and the UBD in the past and although we enjoyed both we really don't want to do them again. I'm NOT going to tell her that we didn't really want it since we are so touched by the gesture and don't want to hurt her feelings.

Is it possible to have it swapped out for onboard credit and use it towards a specialty dinner instead?

Yes you can! Out travel agent gifted us with the Deluxe Balcony Breakfast.

No problem getting on board credit instead. :)

LuLu

We have also had gifts that we have turned in for OBC. Wine is one of them that we always turn in and we also had a speciality dining. We both had colds that week and didn't think we would enjoy it so we turned it in. Otherwise, we would have used that one.

We have also had gifts that we have turned in for OBC. Wine is one of them that we always turn in and we also had a speciality dining. We both had colds that week and didn't think we would enjoy it so we turned it in. Otherwise, we would have used that one.

Thank you, Coral!

You have always been so helpful on these boards and I appreciate that you actually answered the question I posed. :)

Enjoy your anniversary and birthdays!

Thank you! It's become somewhat of a tradition to celebrate onboard a Princess Ship sailing the Caribbean. We are boarding the Regal tomorrow morning. I wish I could bottle and sell this deliriously happy feeling of excitement and anticipation - I'd be a rich woman!

Edited by hllwdcruiser

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your alerts. The member with the rude posts, wont be posting again.

Thanks Andy...thankfully such rude & nasty members are quickly removed by the moderators. That poster was the most blatant example I've seen of someone who should never post again on CC.

Hallelujah! And may he never sneak his way among us again.

No. They were both gifts from my travel agent.

Thanks...Coral had a different experience & it's just the most recent example of inconsistent procedures on Princess...and also probably with many other companies.

We have also had gifts that we have turned in for OBC. Wine is one of them that we always turn in and we also had a speciality dining.

So here's the update for those who are interested. We are on board the Regal now. After having a scrumptious lunch at Alfredo's, (Can we talk about those veal ravioli?!?) we went straight to the PSD.

It was absolutely no problem swapping the breakfast out for OBC. I then called my DD and acted totally surprised. I told her we swapped it out so we could have a dinner instead. She was thrilled and said she had tried to purchase a dinner in a specialty restaurant and was told it had to be done on board. So all's well that ends well.

The Regal is a beautiful ship We are back in our cabin awaiting the mustard drill....

That's great & without a way to prepay for a specialty dinner in advance then your DD had limited options to give you a gift of dinner.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the Regal as much as we did including Alfredo's Pizzeria's multi course menu...we had no room in our stomachs for Gelato's after that lunch. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

So here's the update for those who are interested. We are on board the Regal now. After having a scrumptious lunch at Alfredo's, (Can we talk about those veal ravioli?!?) we went straight to the PSD.

It was absolutely no problem swapping the breakfast out for OBC. I then called my DD and acted totally surprised. I told her we swapped it out so we could have a dinner instead. She was thrilled and said she had tried to purchase a dinner in a specialty restaurant and was told it had to be done on board. So all's well that ends well.

The Regal is a beautiful ship We are back in our cabin awaiting the mustard drill....

How wonderful!

That's great & without a way to prepay for a specialty dinner in advance then your DD had limited options to give you a gift of dinner.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the Regal as much as we did including Alfredo's Pizzeria's multi course menu...we had no room in our stomachs for Gelato's after that lunch. ;)

Thank you! We are loving her already and aren't halfway done exploring yet!

It was absolutely no problem swapping the breakfast out for OBC. I then called my DD and acted totally surprised. I told her we swapped it out so we could have a dinner instead. She was thrilled and said she had tried to purchase a dinner in a specialty restaurant and was told it had to be done on board. So all's well that ends well....

Good for you! So glad it worked out. Enjoy your cruise!