Earliest flight we can book from Miami ship to FLL airport

25dbb

I need opinions on how early we can book a flight home after a Saturday morning cruise ship debarkation from Port of Miami. How early is too early? Never were on MSC before and don't know how early you can get off, then with customs, and the shuttle ride, airport check in and TSA...... Is 10:45 too early? Your thoughts...

25dbb

I need opinions on how early we can book a flight home after a Saturday morning cruise ship debarkation from Port of Miami. How early is too early? Never were on MSC before and don't know how early you can get off, then with customs, and the shuttle ride, airport check in and TSA...... Is 10:45 too early? Your thoughts...

25dbb

10:45 is way too early.

You can probably make a noon flight but I would be safe and book a 1PM flight.

The drive from the port to airport will take you about an hour. I make this drive on a regular basis (from Fort Lauderdale to downtown Miami) on a regular basis at all times of night and day of the week and it hasn't taken me less than an hour in a couple of years.

FLL security is usually packed and I've had friends miss flights on busy weekends because they couldn't get through security.

25dbb

I would be uncomfortable with a flight before noon.

Thanks for your input. We've actually got bumped up once and got on an 8:15am flight (they asked us to bump from a noon flight because we were there at 7:30) but that was from a Fort Lauderdale ship. I know you could never plan that, but it was great to be home (in PA) by noon! The later choices of flights from FLL are basically double the price of those before noon

25dbb

Edited by 25dbb

Thanks for your input. We've actually got bumped up once and got on an 8:15am flight (they asked us to bump from a noon flight because we were there at 7:30) but that was from a Fort Lauderdale ship. I know you could never plan that, but it was great to be home (in PA) by noon! The later choices of flights from FLL are basically double the price of those before noon

25dbb

How much would it cost if you miss the ealier flight ??

25dbb

We had the exact same thing happen only from MIA port. We disembarked as soon as the ship was cleared, has pre-arranged shuttle ready to pick us up. We arrived at FLL airport at 7:45 and while in line they asked if anyone wanted to get on an 8:00 am non-stop and we literally jumped and ran to the plane after check-in. We were back in Milwaukee eating lunch by 11:30 am!! PLUS the plane was empty so we had our choices of seats. It was a GREAT day!