Mitsugirly spends her 50th birthday with NCL!!!

mitsugirly

Kim,

Happy Birthday! We've been on Jade twice (total of 21 days) and really enjoyed it both times.

Something fun you could find the answer for:

If you get the chance, ask onboard if the glass flower chandelier in the Atrium (the one you took the photo of and posted in this thread) and also the flowers over the elevators are by Dale Chihuly or, if not him, who? I know Dale Chihuly did the chandelier in the atrium on Gem, but don't know if this is his work on Jade or not. This question has come up several times at Cruise Critic so you can be the person who solves this mystery!

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. It was an awesome birthday spent on the seas. :D

I am busy downloading all my pictures from the cruise and will get them all organized as soon as I can so that I can start my review. I want to have them all ready so when I start the review, I can just go with it. I'm in school right now (another 3 weeks left of this semester) so it's a busy time for me. Cruising while in school and trying to do papers provided to be a big challenge for me (and Sakari :o)...and we'll throw the hubby into that equation too since he was actually still working as well. Thank goodness for unlimited Internet (we purchased, not free). I "hear" the assignments/papers due this week (from other classmates) is a fairly simple week. So, that should help with the progress of getting my review going. School first. :)

I'm a little slow in getting things together and I haven't even unpacked yet (which is very strange for me. I'm usually unpacked, all the laundry done and everything put away the same day we come home. I'm just OCD). The beautiful Jade decided to give the hubby and I a parting gift...norovirus. So we have been battling that. Hubby is over it, but he was the first to come down with the symptoms. I'm feeling a lot better today and this should all come to an end soon and I can't be back up on my feet and ready for the review soon. :)

The actual review will be in another thread. I will link it hear when I start.

The beautiful Jade decided to give the hubby and I a parting gift...norovirus. So we have been battling that. Hubby is over it, but he was the first to come down with the symptoms. I'm feeling a lot better today and this should all come to an end soon and I can't be back up on my feet and ready for the review soon. :)

The actual review will be in another thread. I will link it hear when I start.

oh no! That's a horrible birthday present! Hope it gets out of all of you and the house quickly!

OMG!!! Christmas came early this year for me! So stinking funny how I decided to finally try NCL and had to wait closer to Easter break for my son schedule. Knowing you where looking at the time I was hoping we would happen to be on the same ship. Then I see later you decided on the Breeze - CCL my normal cruise line and my favorite ship- a week apart but you mentioned your Spring break was later. today I was catching up on Medicma'am review trying to get excited for my cruise and see your post about a surprise cruise. You so lucky Hope you had the most amazing birthday! I'm so looking forward to your review as well. Believe it or not I'm really not excited about this upcoming cruise. Think I'm too overwhelmed with all the new and lack of excitement from the family has put me in the dumps. This is what I need to get my excitement running again.

Happy belated Birthday wishes!!! I too will be sailing on NCL for my 50th bd!!! 2nd cruise, aboard the Jewel...this time out...sailing with a ton of family members!! I hope you had an amazing birthday cruise and can not wait for you report!!! Love your reviews and love love love your daughter!!!!

Michelle

Mitsu......just read about your encounter with noro, it sounds like it hit you near the end of the cruise. I hope that is the case, and that it didn't hit you guys very hard, and that you recovered quickly. Noro and I crossed paths on my last cruise.