Great 1st cruise on Enchantment. Except for fake ID and Argentinian teenagers

Mattnvick

Sorry I guess it's getting 2 replies to 2 quite different topics as I think I went off on a tangent at one point. :rolleyes:

If someone was asking me specifically did we do a tour in Nassau.Not an official one no.

We walked from the ship to the Queen's staircase it was longer than Google maps had led us to believe in terms of time and went through a bit of a run down area. We tried walking from there to the distillery but one of the roads had had no sidewalks and I felt it was too hairy. You seems to have to take a very indirect route more up and along and down rather than straight. Gave up and decided to head to Junkanoo Beach instead, via the road next to Signore Frogs where we met a govt. tourist rep who hooked us up with the guys to do parasailing which our kids wanted to do. It was much cheaper than what Royal offered. We went along just for the boat ride and we all had a blast.

. Finally made it to the beach and the tiki bikini hut where we got drinks and wandered along to a nice quiet area of beach. Spent a very pleasant afternoon and no thong wearing loud 15 year old Argentinian girls anywhere. It was a lovely day :)

And yes tipping does exist in Canada usually between 10-15% but on the debit machine you usually get the option of %tip, amount tip or no tip.

Thank you for descriptions of a few things that most people don't mention.

:)

These groups of girls are pretty much uncontrollable due to the lack of chaperones, and they pretty much just ignore the staff and do what they want. They do indeed monopolize the hot tubs, cut in line at the WJ at will, etc. Honestly, I think some of the staff are afraid to say anything to them.

Well, what is RCI going to do? Put them ashore at the next port? Will never happen and the girls know it...

Sorry I guess it's getting 2 replies to 2 quite different topics as I think I went off on a tangent at one point. :rolleyes:

If someone was asking me specifically did we do a tour in Nassau.Not an official one no.

We walked from the ship to the Queen's staircase it was longer than Google maps had led us to believe in terms of time and went through a bit of a run down area. We tried walking from there to the distillery but one of the roads had had no sidewalks and I felt it was too hairy. You seems to have to take a very indirect route more up and along and down rather than straight. Gave up and decided to head to Junkanoo Beach instead, via the road next to Signore Frogs where we met a govt. tourist rep who hooked us up with the guys to do parasailing which our kids wanted to do. It was much cheaper than what Royal offered. We went along just for the boat ride and we all had a blast.

. Finally made it to the beach and the tiki bikini hut where we got drinks and wandered along to a nice quiet area of beach. Spent a very pleasant afternoon and no thong wearing loud 15 year old Argentinian girls anywhere. It was a lovely day :)

And yes tipping does exist in Canada usually between 10-15% but on the debit machine you usually get the option of %tip, amount tip or no tip.

:eek: lol.

How does that work with RCI? I thought all minor children had to have at least one adult in each cabin with them. I am assuming the large number of 15 year olds have minimal adult guides with the group?

They must have had some exception to the rules.

Just noticed they have a quince package under Gifts&Gear. Maybe I'll get one for Laura

Does it include a bunch of screaming 15-year old South American girls? If so, I think I would pass on that.

Edited by clarea

Thanks Bob. I'm not surprised your answer was posted so quickly. You never disappoint. :)

Do the auto grats on my account go to MY wait staff and housekeeping staff? I hate to think I have to tip extra for mediocre service just to be sure MY waiter gets his fair share. However, above and beyond service deserves extra and we've done that personally. I just don't want RCI to make the decision based on new guidelines we passengers might not be aware of.

Thanks Bob. I'm not surprised your answer was posted so quickly. You never disappoint. :)

Do the auto grats on my account go to MY wait staff and housekeeping staff? I hate to think I have to tip extra for mediocre service just to be sure MY waiter gets his fair share. However, above and beyond service deserves extra and we've done that personally. I just don't want RCI to make the decision based on new guidelines we passengers might not be aware of.

Yes, the auto grats are supposed to go to your wait staff and your stateroom attendant. However, I don't know if they get every penny, as some might be pooled.

Agree with your post but am I missing something here? If I have auto grats added to MY seapass account, RCI should NOT have the authority make the decision of how much of MY money to actually tip those that serviced me. What happens to the extra money left over if some were not tipped according to the new guidelines? If this is the new procedure then I hope to be able to still remove grats from my account and pay them out personally. There is no way I would accept the wait staff being penalized with lower grats because of a kitchen/chef error. What is RCI thinking??? Gratuities are supposed to be left at the discretion of the PASSENGER not the CRUISE LINE. This upsets me :mad:

On our last 2 cruises our waiter went on and on at length, telling us we MUST give him a 10 on the survey or it will impact negatively on him personally. Apparently, RCI is going to tighten the reigns even more. I see how hard the wait staff works and they shouldn't have to be bothered/worried by this at all.

First, I personally really don't care much how a person gets paid. It's their business and "CHOICE" to work for a company.

Every year, say, I get a pay raise. The person next to me gets one. It is not the same dollar amount, because they are slacking, and I overachieve. If RCCL wants to pay people based on performance, let them. In the end, service goes up, and the passenger wins, and those that under perform will quit. (or go to Carnival).

Quoting my highly respected CC friend: "I've got to learn to type faster."

Your problem was you hit send to quick. I saw it in its original form and came up with Yoda line. Imagine my surprise when it posted with your revised comment. That's why I had to edit your comment back to the original version. Sorry, it's all about me. ;)

First, I personally really don't care much how a person gets paid. It's their business and "CHOICE" to work for a company.

Every year, say, I get a pay raise. The person next to me gets one. It is not the same dollar amount, because they are slacking, and I overachieve. If RCCL wants to pay people based on performance, let them. In the end, service goes up, and the passenger wins, and those that under perform will quit. (or go to Carnival).

At the risk of opening a can of worms maybe that is a 1st world perspective when you talk about choice. I'm not sure if many people would chose to leave their kids behind thousands of miles away to be brought up by family so they can go and work 7 months, 7 days a week breakfast, lunch and dinner to be told that if the customer isn't wowed by the food it's your job to notice this and send their meal back to the kitchen and get them something that does wow them and if you don't you are slacking and will have your gratuities cut. Many of these staff send their money back to their families and there is no work for.them where they come.from. It's a choice I wouldn't want to have to make. But maybe that's just me! :rolleyes:

Edited by Mattnvick

If RCCL wants to pay people based on performance, let them.

Isn't the point here though that if RCCL wants to pay by performance, then they should do exactly that, increase the salary pot and then I agree with you, they can hand it out based on whatever rules they want.

But, as we keep being reminded, this isn't pay. This is gratuities that the customers' choose to give, even if automatically taken. Therefore it is no longer RCCL's discretion who gets it, but the customer's. If the customer being served is happy that the service received justifies leaving the gratuity untouched for the staff, then what business does RCCL have changing that?

I understand your point. However, I am talking about gratuities not a pay raise. Again, it isn't RCI's place to pay gratuities with my money using their own different guidelines passengers are not aware of, since it's stated that a specific amount goes to the waitstaff and housekeeping.