Ultimate Cruise Planner

maalvarez18

As I'm the designated vacation planner in my house, prior to going on vacation I do some extensive research and keep track of it on a spreadsheet. While going through different websites and various CC Packing Lists forums, I created a planner to help me out.

You will notice that the packing lists are extensive however by no means am I saying that you need to bring everything on the list

Its an Excel Workbook that includes the following tabs:

2016 Calendar

Month-to-Month Calendar where you can put in all your important dates

Timeline

Alternative to the 2016 Calendar. Different View.

Family Members

List the family/friends that will be traveling with you. Include their names, birthdays, room numbers, RC Crown & Anchor #s, and Login Information. In the event you are the family event planner.

Food & Shows

List of the Shows & Restaurants that RC Oasis/Allure of the Seas. Has tentative hours of operation based on Cruise Compass found online or in CC.

Menu

RC Menus for: MDR, Room Service, Vitality, Kids Menu

Menu Details

Menu Details for each dish provided in the Menu tab.

Travel Bags

List here the travel bags that will be taken to Port, who they belong to, and what they contain.

Adult Packing List

Packing list for an Adult with or without kids. This doesn't mean that you need to bring everything on this list. Its EXTENSIVE. Its just a general list of things that I have found on CC forums, CruiseDiva, Samantha Brown, Travel Channel website, etc. You bring what you need. This is not only to be used for cruises but for general travel too.

Baby Packing List

Packing list for a Baby. Somethings that should be in here are already mentioned in the Adult Packing List.

Toddler Packing List

Packing list for a Toddler. Somethings that should be in here are already mentioned in the Adult Packing List.

Playlist

Grabbed Artist/Album/Song names from different forums. There are various types of music. Take what you need.

Tips

Tips I picked up along the way.

Resources

List of websites I grabbed information from.

Links to CC forums that might be beneficial.

As people post new things I will update accordingly and repost.

MAAlvarez18 Cruise Planner Template.xls

Those are quite the lists. I can't say that I've ever seen a spreadsheet like this posted before.

I can't imagine needing or taking half that stuff. A plug for the sink? Painter's tape? Denture tablets to clean bottle nipples? Small candy bars and gold coins to hand out as tips? Windsock for the balcony so you can find it?

Your "tips" section is for many different cruise lines. I don't understand that one at all.

Why would you have lists of menus? Or activities? You can get all this on the ship.

If I had to go to all this work, I would never go on vacation. But, have fun with it.

Like I said, this is a list of all the things I have gathered from various websites. It goes without saying that you shouldn't take everything on these lists. You take what you need.

Some of these items are good tips. I went on the Oasis in 2013 with a 6 month old. I did not know then about the denture tablets. It would have been helpful, since I brought the Sterlizer.

As far as the menus, its good to know when you have a few picky eaters in your family, or some with allergies.

We all have our ways on getting ready for your next trip. Mine is to conduct research and save it on a spreadsheet. If its helpful for you, take what you need. If its not, ignore the post.

One minor point.

Your Misc. packing list includes address labels and stamps for postcards. Unless you plan to wait until you return to Fort Lauderdale to mail the cards, US postage won't work in Nassau, etc.

Why would you have lists of menus? Or activities? You can get all this on the ship.

Some people like to plan which day(s) to dine in the specialty restaurants based on the MDR menus and then make reservations. The daily activities can help you decide of you want YTD or a fixed dining time and which fixed dining time you want.

Planning for me is half the fun -- I am a list maker and planner, too! (And also a CC lurker....great way to pass the time when stuck waiting for one kid or another at one event or another.) Some people don't want or need them, but from one over-planner to another, if planning it all out makes you happy thinking about your cruise, who cares what anyone else thinks?!? :D:D:D

Edited by widallas

One minor point.

Your Misc. packing list includes address labels and stamps for postcards. Unless you plan to wait until you return to Fort Lauderdale to mail the cards, US postage won't work in Nassau, etc.

Thank you for the good tip. I'm not one to send out postcards, but its good to know. I'll update the spreadsheet with that.