All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I love when we can get good deals.

I didn't tell you, but I had emailed Athleta and they replied. First, there is still free returns but they don't include the label, you have to print it off the website.

Secondly, they told me to re-order Shirrendipity in a bigger size, and just email them the order number. They would then apply the 20% off, and refund the shipping too! I thought that was great. So I have a really nice variety of swimwear now, all from Athleta. I got that wonderful orange color tankini prior to my February cruise, and I can now add this peach color (sunset glow) and the turquoise (antilles blue)

I would still like to have a one piece, so I'm still considering the ocean color. If I could that in the olive though, I would be absolutely thrilled. I found it at Macy's online, but the price was double. I'm more in a bargain mode right now.

So we have same tankini, Melody? That is neat. I would call it fire, but it isn't a blindingly bright color. I think ocean (the Soma one piece) looks like earth?

Interesting side note here, but one time, and I can't remember if it was an article show or what...I recall someone saying that if there is one color that looks good on anyone, no matter what their season, it's teal. I have often thought about that, and I don't think I agree. I think it looks great on earth, good on spring, but my husband is air, and that color is all wrong on him. As to ice, it seems like a person's skin tone becomes rather pasty looking with teal.

Do you think there is a color that truly looks good on everyone? I can't think of one, myself.

If anybody is looking for pants . I ordered these a week ago from JJIll when they had a flash 50% sale and I love them . Just the right amount of stretch .Since I don't like the rolled up look I got them in petite and unrolled them . They are the perfect length .

Laurie , I thought you still had an option for refundable .If you pay extra ?

http://www.jjill.com/jjillonline/product/product.aspx?item=ER069U&rPFID=14&sk=M&h=M

Laurie, I'd say turquoise is a color that most can wear. Ocean colors seem to be flattering to most folks.

That olive suit is definitely earthy. Good news on the Athleta buy! I really like their customer service, they really want you to be happy! Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Melody, get this. I just got a confirmation from Athleta to confirm the refund of the shipping, and since this went on sale further, they are giving me the difference. You can't beat that kind of customer service. That is fantastic.

You know, when I ordered it, I thought the color may be too pale for me. It is actually a stronger color than it looks, but yet it's not bright. I don't usually get this excited over swimsuits or online shopping, but they have clearly gone out of their way to make me happy. This is fantastic.

I'm having a good day anyway. I had to make a presentation to the board of directors today, and I'm petrified to speak in front of others. I took a deep breath, reminded myself that I've got this and started speaking. It went so well!!!

I went to Costa Maya years ago . It is basically a port made for cruisers . There is a beach with lounge chairs and a Margaritaville with a swim up bar and several shops surrounding a court yard . Maybe they have developed a lot more since then . It was a nice relaxing day .

Laurie, we went to Costa Maya last year. Beautiful shopping area. As Sally said, swim up bar (don't remember it being a Margaritaville tho. Did buy my daughters some gorgeous silver earrings in town there, they both love them. Quiet place, but with armed guards.

Laurie, you can still opt for the refundable deposit, it costs a bit more. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Celebrity won't transfer your points, but they give you equivalent status. Points earned stay with each line. We are Elite with Celebrity that makes us Diamond with Royal; however, when you look at my points I only have 80 points with Royal (from the actual cruises we've taken on them). I don't ever expect to make Diamond Plus.

Laurie, we really like Celebrity better. We don't go in for the pool games, flow rider or bumper cars; We do like the mini golf & ice skating on Royal. My personal opinion is the food is better on Celebrity, especially with MDR & buffet (6 kinds of homemade ice cream daily) & Murano for a specialty dinner (table prepared lobster! Divine). We do like Chops & Giovannis on Royal. It is definitely a quieter vibe on Celebrity--not geared as much to kids (there are usually few kids on a Celebrity ship). Fits my idea of a relaxing cruise. Folks dress about the same as Royal. Les wears a suit (open collar, he hates ties) on Elegant Chic (not formal nights), but a shirt & tie is fine & an aloha shirt (not garish) & khakis other nights. I see more women dressed well on Celebrity, not as many formal gowns, but many long dresses (like yours) & cocktail dresses. Give it a try, you might like it. Melody

Thanks, Ladies, for the quick replies. Melody, I thought the background was EARTH and the print FIRE too! I always need to size up their swimsuit material items, Sally. I had a few minutes at work yesterday morning and was happy to see they were offering 30% off sale prices, but I got hugely busy after lunch until the end of the day and missed the sale. Bummer. I've left everything in my cart waiting to see what tomorrow offers. I don't really need anything, but this would have been a good time to catch an extra swim bottom or top to mix and match others that I have. I was planning to use the cover-ups as dresses (Maybe) since the swimsuit material would be super easy to pack with no wrinkles.

Laurie, great dress and great bargain hunting!

I think the quality of nearly everything has gone down over the past few years. It's so disappointing. I still shop LLBean, but my last order including a couple of items that seemed thinner. I need to read the descriptions closer. I'm not a fan of slub. For me, it wears and lasts just as the name implies. I don't want to appear as a slub and I don't want my clothes to look slubby, so why should I think I can purchase slub and expect a different outcome? LOL I've been introduced to Boden recently and like what I see. Of course, I only purchase sales.

Debbie. I had to look up the meaning of "slub" (which isn't even a word that spell check recognizes because it keeps auto-correcting to "club").... anyway... What?!?

I just noticed that Chico's has a "slub" tank top. For those of us of a certain age, what this means is that they are now trying to market fabric imperfections as a "new, improved" version of the thing we used to get that we thought was good! And, now (if it's cereal) it just doesn't taste as good!

Hey, does anyone else remember that the grocery store used to discount a can if it was dented in any way? Now, you're lucky if you find a good can that doesn't fight you trying to get the can opener to go around the dented in parts of the top, right?

Just having thoughts as I'm sitting on my front porch rocker and thinking of the Good Ole Days. Actually, I don't have a front porch rocker, but I needed the visual.

Oh well.

Edited by Member123
OMG. A dreaded grammar error. For real! I did a "there" "their" unforgivable error! Looking for a wet noodle right now.

I actually like the slub (autocorrects to slug for me [emoji23]) cotton drop hem tshirt from Chicos. It doesn't shrink! My new white drop hem shirt snuck into the bleach wash of socks & still looks brand new (I was plenty ticked when I saw it, DH says, well it was white!) [emoji849]. Melody

Some of it I like, some of it, I don't. I don't order it online though because I really want to see it in person.

My replacement Athleta tankini top came in. It fits great!

I'm watching the Red Sox play.and thinking about how I can't wait to go back. I would love a tour behind the wall.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Laurie, the tour of Fenway no longer includes behind the wall [emoji30]. Les was very upset at that.

I bought a white Athleta Trekkie skort today (their semiannual sale started today)

I really like the Chicos slub tshirts, fit is great & they're flattering on me. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I find that slub and cats don't mix. Or, I should say, my cat loves slub, me not so much after she's done with it. :) I prefer a tighter weave that wears better.

The only time I have ever had success when ordering bathing suits online is when I've had one that I already knew fit well and ordered another one in a different color. I just sent two back because I have such trouble finding a good fit in the bra area which only gets worse when I'm bigger.

I researched Costa Maya before our Houston cruise because it is often substituted by Princess when they can't get into Belize. It would not have been a port I would have chosen, but certainly not a hardship to spend the day lolling about there.

I'm in Michigan again after a worrisome call from Mom's doctor. The change in her in just two weeks is shocking. We drove this time and are planning to stay for ten days and see how things go. I sit with her every day for a while and read my book, but we are also doing some family things with my brother & kids, which provides some relief. I took an awesome Zumba class at the Y today, and I've been swimming laps in the morning in the hotel pool. Tomorrow we are going to a root beer stand where you drive up and they put the trays in the window like in the olden days (as my 8yo niece says), and Wednesday we will visit the local craft brewery which also serves some pretty awesome food. My brother lets me come over and hold his kitty when I'm missing my Dani. He's been really great through all of this and we lean on each other a lot.

Soon I am going to have to start thinking about our November cruise, because final payment is going to be here before I know it. I haven't booked any of our excursions even though I've narrowed things down in each port. We will have two formal nights, I think. There is always a lot of discussion on the Princess board about how things are getting more casual, but our experience has been that, at least for late seating, people still get pretty dressed up. It is a little weird though to sit in the theater later next to someone in shorts. :)

I'm sorry your mom is doing poorly, Margaret, but glad your work schedule allows this lengthy visit with family. We have a drive-up eatery near the lake that's only open Memorial Day to Labor Day and offers employment to lots of teenagers in that area. The parking lot is always packed. Sooo much fun to read building's menu board and wait for the kids to come to your car window and take your order. Have fun!

Pam, I'm sure that I'm doing it wrong--the slub, I mean. I'm glad all y'all like it, but I might wear it once--maybe three times--and tiny holes appear. Not in a side seam where I could darn it--OH NOOOO! usually right on my belly or boobs where the darn thing has to be thrown away. I don't care if I only spent clearance prices, I don't want to pollute the environment. ThAAt. Much. I just quit buying it. I think I read somewhere that it's the reject thread that knotted up to cause that rough texture--so, it isn't that they are selling regular and charging more--they're selling inferior and charging more. I refuse. I'm too old. I wear mostly classic and casual clothes now, so, if I truly wear everything in my closet that fits, that I like, and that still looks current and fashionable "enough", I'll be dead before everything leaves through natural attrition. I'll fill in with ivory-colored sleeveless, short-sleeved, 3/4 sleeved, and long-sleeved tops, skorts and skinny jeans as needed. There, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I. Think.

I have the exact same issue with slub fabric. They do not hold up well for me at all. Thst is wehy I say I have to see the item. I've had a few thst were heavier that did okay, but most everything else was a goner after one to two wears.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I have the problem of little holes on most of my knits, but with the slub fabric, it's almost instant. I have no idea why, but it sure can be frustrating!!!

I have finalized my cruise dresses, which I think I already mentioned. It's funny to see everything lined up, because so often, I find myself thinking about whether or not I like my choices, or wishing I could find more earth colors, because I really feel my best in them. I can say that almost everything I'm bringing with is me is earth, except the orange (tango) formal dress. That is fire. With the rest, there are soft autumn, deep autumn and true autumn, but all pretty good choices. The print dress (the only print dress!) is a combo of fire and earth, with a little black thrown in. Most of what you see that looks like black from a distance is actually brown. It just doesn't photograph well.

I'm about to start the daytime wardrobe. I don't know about all of you, but after a hot day in port, I almost always shower and change when I'm back on board. When I am off the ship, my attire is dictated by what I am doing, so my hike in St. Kitts means hiking short, hiking sneakers (they aren't lunky) and a tech top for quick drying. Aruba we're going to a beach resort for the day, so that means swimsuit with a top and shorts over it. I will have a coverup to wear while we are there as well. But...after we clean up, we are heading back out for a sunset cataman cruise. I will dress comfortable, but probably chino style shorts or a skort and what I'll call a smart casual top, for lack of a better word.

I think you get the overall picture of how I approach this. Sea days, chino style shorts and skorts are the norm with nice tops. If I'm going to go exploring, (walking on foot around a port to sightsee and lunch) then I tend to be more casual in that I have some Travex shorts or other casual shorts, and I may wear a basic knit top with them.

I took some pictures, which I will post shortly. I think my outfit planning will be started this weekend. Sure I have a month and half left, but it's fun to do! Plus, I like to sometimes try things on to see if the shoes or jewelry I have picked out works well.

I am officially in North Carolina now!

We didn't fit in the truck alone. Nor in the largest trailer. Nor in one more trip back to GA... OMG. It's been a crazy ride, and sadly, we will be moving again...maybe as early as next week or sooner, but definitely by Aug 25! ;p

The big shocker when we finally got to see the inside of the apt was that it is an ADA apt, this means that the kitchen, the laundry and bathrooms are significantly different...and not in a good way. This wasn't disclosed to us...so... long story short...there is another apt just like this floor plan coming available...it's a corp lease and the corp still has possession by contract BUT the tenant moved out over the weekend, so...we might get in there earlier, but definitely at the of the corp lease.

It's a bummer for sure, but in a weird way it's not as horrible as it sounds...elevators and dollies and single floor living make for a no stairs, easy but tedious transfer of goods from one floor to another. And I feel like we have the opportunity to not have pressure to unpack everything, but just figure out the furniture arrangements, etc.

Margaret...so sorry to hear about your Mom. Big hugs.

Laurie...love all your dresses. I think there is such satisfaction in getting a greater understanding of your own self. Isn't that a major philosophical statement? Know thy self? Or was that just on the Matrix? Anyway...I think that is what is attractive about so much of all the different theories out there regarding everything from color analysis to personality to body type to style sense, etc etc. When something hits home and you really grab onto it...contrary to feeling put in a box...I think it is really freeing...it's like getting a permission slip to be yourself somehow.

I tell you what. After moving all this stuff...I thought we had reduced so much more than we had...but the end things really add up...it's like you forget how much space and room even your cleaning supplies take up. I am ready to reduce more. I didn't have time to really do all the sorting that I would have really wanted to do. It's hard to continue to on with the normalcy of life in the midst of all of this and so I wasn't as dedicated to the moving process alone as would have been necessary to truly get the job done.

I am absolutely exhausted though. I've been sleeping a lot for the past couple days. Tuesday thru Sunday...I made the drive between GA and NC 5 times...in 6 days. NOT FUN. Somehow in the moving, I gave myself golfers elbow...:( Moving is rough business.

The new place is fabulous though. I'm loving everything about it.