Luggage on a 1 day cruise

arizonaperson

Asking for someone else-

After a 6 day cruise with checked luggage and hand carry luggage.(so not traveling too light)

Spending the night in Vancouver then the next day going on a 1 day cruise.

Question- what happens to the luggage on a 1 day cruise

do you carry your own luggage on and off?( do you have a choice)

Thanks.

Julie

Asking for someone else-

After a 6 day cruise with checked luggage and hand carry luggage.(so not traveling too light)

Thanks.

Julie

You will most likely carry it off only.

Asking for someone else-

Thanks.

Julie

They usually require to carry off your bags on cruise from 1 to 4 days in length.

They usually require to carry off your bags on cruise from 1 to 4 days in length.
I've taken several 3-4 day cruises and just asked for the form for luggage tags for disembarkation. You are NOT required to carry your luggage off but you do have to request the form and tags.

If it's Princess I've been explicitly told by staff onboard that there is NO luggage porterage on the one-night cruises, either on or off. 3 day cruises or less I've never had luggage forms handed out either. However given how often I get told different things by different staff on different ships, I'm never 100% sure about anything ever being consistent with Princess policies!

I would play it safe though and assume you're going to have to carry your own bags on and off and pack accordingly.

If it's Princess I've been explicitly told by staff onboard that there is NO luggage porterage on the one-night cruises, either on or off.
Princess does have luggage handling. They have to as not everyone is able to manage luggage for even a 1-2 night cruise as these cruises are often combined with longer cruises. I took a 2-day cruise combined with a 15-day cruise and there most definitely was luggage handling getting on the ship for the 2-day cruise. For disembarkation, as I said, just ask at the Passenger services Desk for the disembarkation form.

THANK YOU! THAT'S the question I keep forgetting to ask my TA here in Australia to check for me! She's just done a 2 night cruise with P. & O. and was caught by having to leave the luggage outside-only 1 case, so she carried it off.

I'll have a suitcase, the carry on case and my handbag, so hope the big case can be unloaded for me. 1st cruise so not sure how I'll handle the ship's movement, and we berth at Station Pier in Melbourne, so must travel Bass Strait which the TA warned, "It's rough!" She reacted to her anti-nausea medication! I'm hoping the Golden Princess, she was on the Pacific Eden with 1500 passengers, having around 2600 passengers from memory, will be more stable. I shall find out in November!

Princess has four 1 day cruises . Two in the spring (Vancouver to Seattle). Then two more in the fall (Seattle to Vancouver).

Usually during Alaska repositioning at the beginning and end of the season. ;)

thanks, they offer a few 2 day cruises here, but never seen a one day.

Thanks Pam in CA that was helpful advice. I will inform my mom and her husband that they can request baggage tags to get off the ship.(for the 1 day portion) We are all on a six-day cruise LA to Vancouver then they are going to do a one day from Vancouver to Seattle. (Different day than the 6 day disembark)

I don't think they will be able to carry all their luggage off ,but who knows. Neither one of us have ever been on a cruise less than seven days so the one day even though my mom is elite with Princess and on Cruise critic ,but doesn't post very much .just curious about these one day cruises and luggage .thank you so much .

Julie