UBP limits

tjt87

Hi All, We are looking at a Greek island cruise in September this year and we were considering the UBP promo,

A friend who has booked this cruise for a different week took the UBP. When he got his documentation through from the travel agent it said there was a daily limit of $65 on the UBP.

Have I missed something? I’m sure that wasn’t the case on my November Escape cruise.

The only limit is that the bartenders are not supposed to over serve those who appear intoxicated.

From various reviews, even this "limit" doesn't seem very strictly followed!

Edited by ryarger

The price of the UBP used to be around that amount (actually $64 I think) if you purchased it, so I assume that either your friend or his TA got confused with that.

There is no daily limit for the UBP

Many thanks Keith, that may explain all

• 11 months later...
I read each person who has the UBP Can order 2 drinks at one time

Is this true?? I'd like to order a shot and a beer or 2 beers at the same time and save time going to

The bar again [emoji484][emoji484][emoji12]

Yep. When we drank wine with dinner they only ran one card for 2 of us and I never had trouble getting two drinks at the bar when I was by myself and had 1 card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are there actual drinks that cost over $15?

Also, does anyone know if they have Roscoto wine onboard?

Thanks!

A lot of drinks are over$15 now. My favorite two drinks are the expresso and chocolate martinis. They are now 17.95 each. Got one the entire cruise. Made me try other drinks which were great.

Are there actual drinks that cost over $15?

Also, does anyone know if they have Roscoto wine onboard?

Thanks!

Yes, every menu I looked at included a few that were over and about half the martini menu was over. The drink prices are outrageous.

Yes, every menu I looked at included a few that were over and about half the martini menu was over. The drink prices are outrageous.

Do they make the martinis with vodka that is included in the UBP so that it is under $15 if you request it? If not, can you call your drinks like Grey Goose cosmo?

A lot of drinks are over$15 now. My favorite two drinks are the expresso and chocolate martinis. They are now 17.95 each. Got one the entire cruise. Made me try other drinks which were great.

My favorite is also the chocolate martini. So disappointed the price want up.

Do they make the martinis with vodka that is included in the UBP so that it is under $15 if you request it? If not, can you call your drinks like Grey Goose cosmo?

the Ciroc Cosmo is the only Cosmo listed and its $17.95 - we ordered Grey Goose Cosmos - no problem - and it remained under the $15

Chocolate Martinis and Espresso - and a few others were $17.95 - but for those we were okay with paying the upcharge. Cosmo though - we wouldn't notice the difference between Ciroc or grey goose - in fact, for that matter if they gave us Absolut we probably wouldn't notice. Not worth paying the extra for.

The bar drink menu may suggest the expensive liquor in a mixed drink such a Circo, Gosling's Rum in the Dark and Stormy, Patron, FLAVORED Grey Goose costing a $2-$3 premium over the UBP. Almost every drink can be substituted with another good quality liquor with no premium, except the chocolate martini. In fact, I order a Dark and Stormy under the $15 limit and let the bartender figure it out. NCL is pretty good about disclosing prices on the bar menu, unlike your neighborhood chain restaurant where alcoholic drinks disclose no prices, but who have to be paying attention or know from experience. I have found prices are consistent across the bars however certain drinks are only served at certain bars such as the chocolate, ginger or wasabi martini all in three different bars.

With the being said can anyone recommend a decent scotch or bourbon they have found onboard for only the $3 premium?

I don't think I have even been in a restaurant where there were not prices on the drink menus.

The chain restaurant that comes to mind where there are no prices on the drink menu is TGIFriday.

I think it's ridiculous to have to ask how much something on the menu costs at ANY restaurant.

dark n' stormies are over $15

Which really surprised me this past December. Ironically, the first drink I tried to order onboard...$18!! I was able to get a Moscow Mule with no trouble...so I don't think it was the Ginger Beer. I could get a Cuba Libre (basically rum and coke with dark rum), so I don't think it was the dark rum. Just odd.

I found that wine by the glass was limited in selection, but the vast majority of cocktails we ordered were covered. Including doubles...so I could get a double Cape Cod (for example) and still be under the limit. (That only happened on Christmas Day, which was a sea day that we enjoyed just a wee bit too much!)