Looks Like they are still trying to fool us

SeaGoingDAD

Maybe they should make the second service each day a "Diamond / Platinum perk".

JUST KIDDING!!! :D

I hope they keep the "both" option in play for those that want/need two services each day.

If the second service were to go away, I wouldn't be thrilled, but I can live with it.

I get the feeling you like to kick the bee hive.:rolleyes: I thought the same thing though. :D

lol with ya.

I'm just wondering if said line in sand is because of the confusing form or the change itself. If they fix the form and it includes both, will the line go away?

Isn't the OP's point that they did change the form and, instead of adding the "both" option, they made the wording sound even more like only one option, "the best time," should be chosen?

When Carnival launched the comfort matters form, it appeared they were going to once a day room service.

And we were told no, you could order both if you like, but passengers were still coming back saying the stewards were telling them one or the other. This still is being reported. Other are claiming there's no form, or no change to service.

So we were told they would revise the form to include the verbiage BOTH to clear up the confusion. But we were told it would be a while because SO many forms were printed up.

So now the new form appears to have been printed. The word BOTH is missing, and it still says to choose the best time, and not TIMES. Again, the verbiage "select all that apply" is extremely vague.

So I believe "we" are still being steered toward once a day service.

John Heald has been saying a revised form is coming since September or October of 2015. [emoji107] [emoji107]

For those that want one service, fantastic. I am glad they are wanting to help you out.

But I still want two. And it should not be a head game I have to play to get it.

It should be written with no reason too doubt you can still have two. Three boxes. Morning, evening, or both. Not ask me which is the best time to service your cabin.

The thread on what would make you quit cruising carnival. I didn't have an answer, but now I do. This is my line in the sand.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I feel very similarly. I don't know if it's my line in the sand but it getting very close. All the cruise lines charge roughly the same service charges and all more or less currently do the same thing. Why pay the same for less? I don't even find Carnival fares to always be the least expensive so toss that out.

We are not messy at home or on vacation. with 3 people in a small room we keep tidy anyways. But I am paying for and want towels 2x a day and to have the room attended to (trash, toilet paper, if it needs a vaccuum, etc.). I don't expect the attendant to wait on us hand and foot and we don't make oddball requests.

Wonder if Carnival has ever heard the phrase "you made the pizza too cheap to eat"

lol with ya.

I'm just wondering if said line in sand is because of the confusing form or the change itself. If they fix the form and it includes both, will the line go away?

The form is disingenuous. But that's not the problem for me

I only really care about the service levels and how it impacts the vacation experience.

Oh trust me we are FAR from cheap, in fact when we go out dining or anywhere we tip 25%, the fact is, if my cabin steward is going to give me a hard time and not give me the service I always have had and expect the only way to make him/her learn is through his pocket.

We usually dine at the specialty restaurants on all cruises and even give $20 a head each and every night, we get the drink package but still add $1-$2 dollars more tip per drink so you can't call us cheap no way in fact I bet nobody tips the way we do. We have 6 income salary for just my other half salary we can afford giving to those who deserve it, but screw me of anything I will make my point.

If they work and give good service they will get rewarded, if they going to screw me they going to learn case closed.

[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

When Carnival launched the comfort matters form, it appeared they were going to once a day room service.

And we were told no, you could order both if you like, but passengers were still coming back saying the stewards were telling them one or the other. This still is being reported. Other are claiming there's no form, or no change to service.

So we were told they would revise the form to include the verbiage BOTH to clear up the confusion. But we were told it would be a while because SO many forms were printed up.

So now the new form appears to have been printed. The word BOTH is missing, and it still says to choose the best time, and not TIMES. Again, the verbiage "select all that apply" is extremely vague.

You just check both if you want your room cleaned twice a day. I don't see any confusion.

Yet another thing that made cruising special going by the wayside. Yes, no turn down in umpteen hotels I've stayed at. That's one of the reasons DW love coming in to a turned down room at the end of a great day. Getting the bed made up so we can mess it up before dinner is a given.

The way Carnival is wording it is called lying by omission. Using the word best implies only one choice. If it was mean to convey two choices it would be worded choose the best time(s) or have a " both " check box. Sad thing is the cuts continue even as fuel costs have plummeted. I know some will say they are still paying more which may be true to a degree but they are surely loading up on futures contracts now and locking in low fuel prices. Maybe next everyone will be given an oar and have to pull a shift rowing the ship to its destinations :D! This might have come in handy on a particular Splendor or Triumph cruise!

On our December Dream cruise we were given the card and chose Both and came back after dinner to find our towels still on the floor. We called house keeping for more towels and our Steward met us outside and we explained we wanted clean towels twice daily. He explained that he was being told by Management to cut back twice daily service and was very apologetic and promised to provide the service we had always had in prior cruises. We tipped him very well as we always have when receiving great service. He was awesome.

Regardless of what the form says, it's clear that Carnival intends to cut cost in this direction (while more or less requiring higher tips for less service). They are heading in the wrong direction. Sailing them again for the first time in three years for a family cruise, but if their new CEO continues down this path, we will also head in another direction.

The way Carnival is wording it is called lying by omission. Using the word best implies only one choice. If it was mean to convey two choices it would be worded choose the best time(s) or have a " both " check box. Sad thing is the cuts continue even as fuel costs have plummeted. I know some will say they are still paying more which may be true to a degree but they are surely loading up on futures contracts now and locking in low fuel prices. Maybe next everyone will be given an oar and have to pull a shift rowing the ship to its destinations :D! This might have come in handy on a particular Splendor or Triumph cruise!

I was thinking they could start an onboard excursion whereby passengers could pay to help out in the kitchen or the laundry or maybe housekeeping.

I honestly think they would have some takers.

I was thinking they could start an onboard excursion whereby passengers could pay to help out in the kitchen or the laundry or maybe housekeeping.

I honestly think they would have some takers.

I think they started that... It's Called Fathom or something like that ;)

Once a day is fine with me. That's what we get in hotels and a cruise ship is no different. Upon boarding and meeting our room steward, we tell him/her only cabin service our cabin once a day. We don't need twice a day service. Give us ice in the morning, bed made, fresh towels and we're good to go.

Edited by elliair

I could handle 1 x a day, back in the day when I first started out I worked in housekeeping at a hotel. I KNOW how it is to clean up after others who many times don't care about the mess they leave for others. I teach now and I try my level best not to leave a mess for the janitor each day. I carry that over when I travel and try to leave towels in one spot, all garbage cans in one spot, I stack plates at restaurants.. I know I'm weird:D I don't feel like we leave the cabin a mess for our steward but one time a day with a towel animal, double the towels and ice and I'd be good. Oh and bigger trash cans!!! What's up with the trash cans that you fill up with one water bottle and a soda can!!!

Ditto! We do the same. I am thinking we will request 1x per day probably morning?

We have a group going on the Fascination in 12 days. This will be 14th cruise for myself and DW (all Carnival) and 3rd on the Fascination.

I won't say "line in the sand", but if we have to struggle to get 2X service plus bed turn down, ice, towels, etc, then our response might very well be to "Cruise........ like a Norwegian".

That NCL Getaway DOES looks pretty sweet................. :p

I have a typed list of things that we would like in our cabin such as robes, extra hangers, ice twice a day, etc. When we first enter our cabin, I cross off anything that is already in the cabin and give this list to the Steward if we see him before sailaway or leave it out so he can see it.

These items are usually in the cabin when we return from sailaway.

When we first see the Steward we give him $10 as a thank you gesture for our "special requests".

If the form is there when we are on the Dream, I will definitely check both boxes. DH is a neat freak and would definitely not like to come back to an unmade bed, sand on the floor, etc. If this service couldn't be done twice a day, I think that would lbe a stroke against cruising Carnival in the future.

We keep our home neat, make the bed every day and like the idea of not having to do this on our vacation.

Are there just certain ships that are trying this out? It seems some people don't encounter any change in service or forms. Wondering if this will be on the vista.

I am honestly pretty disappointed in this change. We don't make a lot of money, vacations take a lot to save for, and I am a housekeeper in private homes, as well as a mom. I truly spend most of my waking hours cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry for others.

Even our other typical big vacation (Disney) we are dvc members (timeshare) so we only get cleaning and towels every few days so I do plenty of work then.

Cruising is special because I don't have to do anything. For a whole week every year or few years, I have above and beyond service and it is wonderful. Not that we are pigs, but now there will be wet towels hanging around, I will have to make my own bed up after a midday nap, etc. I'm sure by the next time we cruise it will be obvious what sort of change this is or isn't. If it's once a day, it's a deal breaker and we will sail another line. I would much rather see a higher fare and keep these traditional cruising services the same.

Edited by Jenn24101