It's Been 5 years for Princess!

mph045

it's been 5 years since we cruised and a lot has changed!

Can you verify the costs for the following?

Chefs table costs per passenger=$95?

UKP card plus tip $9pp

crn grill-still $25pp?

spa days pp=half $15/full $20/week $110?

platinum minutes for 14 day cruise=250 minutes per passenger?

specialty teas $1.50?

do they still have named dinners like cast away-gala-chefs-etc-if so does anyone know the nights and there names please?

we are taking back to back cruise jan 22 2017 leave Sunday FLL-what nights are formal nights?

Looking forward to the Cruise-we booked a Window Suite-first time in one where as . we have been in a PH suite in the past!

Thank You in advance!

I hope someone answers you soon, as It's also been 5 years for me as well and I would be very interested in finding out the changes.

My last cruise was on the Grand Princess with my late Husband, I have not been on a cruise since, due to Health problems, but hopefully I will be able to go on one soon.

Since you mentioned the Window Suite I take it you will be on Caribbean Princess.

The Soda and More package is $7 pp/pd plus 15% gratuity; you can now pre-purchase it in your cruise personalizer which calculates the net price at $8.05 x number of days for each person.

Internet minutes is 250 per Platinum passenger assuming you are booked as a single 14 night sailing; you can review all the benefits HERE.

(How the Circle benefits will work for you could vary based on whether your B2B is under one booking number or two)

Formal nights are almost always (1) the first sea day and (2) the last sea day other than the final night; if no other sea days than the second one may be the final port day.

Menu in the MDR now have no "title" other than possibly something like "Captain's Dinner" on one of the formal nights. Their organization will remain familiar; there will be one night with multiple Italian (-style) offerings but not officially named "Italian Night". The familiar "always available" items have been replaced by "Chef Curtis Stone specialties" with very mixed reviews.

By "spa days" do you mean the Sanctuary or a Thermal Suite pass? Caribbean does not have the same Thermal Suite as Crown, Emerald or Ruby if those are your reference points. And the cost for the Sanctuary has nearly doubled in the past five years.

Cost for Chef's Table still $95; not sure about specialty teas, though safe to say every item at the International Cafe increases in price almost annually.

Edited by fishywood

Thank You for the quick reply!

Yes we have one single booked reservation for the B2B 14 day Southern next January 2017

Yes I was looking at costs for the Spa retreat-the thermal suite is free for us as we are in Window Suite

Appreciate it all!

Since you are doing a B2B which looks like consists or two 7 day cruises, you will get 150 minutes each week per platinum/elite card.

Sabatini's and Crown Grill are still $25. A newer option is the Crab Shack held some nights in the HC and costs $20 each. It seems to be scheduled on formal nights only.

The soda package has been changed to include juices and mocktails with an increase in price to $8.05 per day (includes 15% tip) which can be ordered before you cruise. They have added a all-inclusive beverage package (AIBP) for $56.35 per day (includes 15% tip) that covers all bar drinks up to $10 each and allows you to buy bottles of wine up to $100 at a 40% discount.

They have a premium coffee card that is $35.65 per punch card (15 beverages) which includes unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea. Again it can be purchased in advance.

it's been 5 years since we cruised and a lot has changed!

Can you verify the costs for the following?

Chefs table costs per passenger=$95?

UKP card plus tip $9pp

crn grill-still $25pp?

spa days pp=half $15/full $20/week $110?

platinum minutes for 14 day cruise=250 minutes per passenger?

specialty teas $1.50?

do they still have named dinners like cast away-gala-chefs-etc-if so does anyone know the nights and there names please?

we are taking back to back cruise jan 22 2017 leave Sunday FLL-what nights are formal nights?

Looking forward to the Cruise-we booked a Window Suite-first time in one where as . we have been in a PH suite in the past!

Thank You in advance!

Your specialty teas looks low.

DW had a coffee card, I think they were about $3.50 without.

Thank You All for the updates:)

Can I exchange the mini bar set up for one btl red wine and do I have a choice like-Merlot or cab?

Can I also bring on board a total of 4 btls wine[since that would be 2btls/pp for the two wks?

Can anyone explain what the crab shack is and has please?

$3.50 ?? Are we talking about the teas like ginger twist which are unlimited with the coffee card?

I'm not sure what they were as I don't drink them, but I know she was getting them with he coffee card and they were $3or $3.50 without.

To my mind that would make them specialty teas.

Thank You All for the updates:)

Can I also bring on board a total of 4 btls wine[since that would be 2btls/pp for the two wks?

Can anyone explain what the crab shack is and has please?

We've done 2 B2Bs out of Fort Lauderdale (October 2015 and February 2014) and brought on 2 bottles each. One was a true B2B (2 boarding passes); the other was a B2B that we purchased as a single cruise (1 boarding pass). In each case we showed the staff at the 'wine table' immediately after security that we were on 2 cruises and had no problem taking the wine on board without a corkage fee.

Description of the Crab Shack from Princess.com: "Crab Shack – Seafood lovers will have a full crab shack experience, complete with mallets, bibs and buckets. Diners can enjoy crawfish in a Bayou-style “Mud Bug” boil, spiced peel and eat shrimp, or a mixed steamer pot filled with snow crab, jumbo shrimp, clams, and mussels. Cover charge: $20." It is very popular and is only held on certain nights (announced in the Patter) so I recommend making a reservation.

Edited by capriccio