Infinity deck 6 and life boats

Lisichka

We are considering a deck 6 cabin but are worried about the life boats. Do they obstruct view at all? How about aft cabins on deck 7? Which one would be a better choice?

This would be for an Alaska cruise.

While never having stayed on Deck 6, there was absolutely zero obstruction on deck 7 on the infinity. I like the Vista deck as there are cabins above and below you...so less chance for noise.

Some limited vision looking straight down. Aft cabins are simple either you love them or hate them as you have limited privacy from above, occasional soot and an endless view of the wake along with almost no wind. Verandas are usually larger and sometimes a bit of noise from Sunset Bar.

We have recently returned from the Valparaiso to Buenos Aires cruise, which we enjoyed immensely. We were in 6077, which I felt lucky to book because I wanted a mid-ship balcony, port side and was able to get one of the last ones available. This was our first cruise on Infinity, or Celebrity, for that matter. On entering the room and checking out the balcony, I was surprised and very disappointed to see the lifeboat directly below. When looking directly out to sea it's not an issue, but it took some getting used to for us. However, after a couple of rough days at sea, I was happy for the location I had chosen. If you're not susceptible to seasickness and there are other options, you might want to consider them.

We are considering a deck 6 cabin but are worried about the life boats. Do they obstruct view at all? .....

If you compare the deck plans for decks 5, 6 and 7, you can easily see where the life boats are located and which cabins are the ones where the lifeboats below them partially obstruct the views looking down.

If you book any of the cabins or suites on deck 6 from the aft elevators back, there will be no obstruction at all.

There are 4 very nice concierge cabins to consider in that section (6135, 6136, 6143, 6144).

They have large balconies that extend out to the edge of the ship, so they provide great unobstructed views looking straight down to the water, as well as forward and back.

Those cabins are also slightly larger than regular veranda cabins, and are located in a special, quiet area of the ship among the top suites.

But they are priced higher than standard veranda cabins, although less than suites.

For a lower, regular veranda price, the first 8 balcony cabins at the front of deck 6 on both sides of the ship are very desirable. Those have larger balconies, and there are no lifeboats below them either.

The cabins themselves are standard size, but their larger balconies extend out to the edge of the ship, providing clear, unobstructed views looking straight down to the water, as well as forward and back.

Those are classified as category 2C.

If booking category 2C, it is important to be aware that only the first 8 balcony cabins on each side of deck 6 have the larger balconies that extend all the way out to the edge of the ship, (6021 through 6035 port side and 6016 through 6030 starboard side),

not the cabins behind them or the ones above them on deck 7.

• 6 years later...

We are on the August 27 Infinity Western Caribbean in an S2 Sky Suite, Cabin 6119. Have done 5 X cruises, 4 on Solstice class, on one the Apex, but not familiar with this M class.  Read somewhere that it was revolutionized in 2021, but now I read here that it was 2018.  Also didn’t realize our balcony view may be obstructed by lifeboats.  Any recent info appreciated.  I may try to switch cabins.  Thanks!

Infinity never went through revolution.  She has had some maintenance dry docks and the softgoods updated.   There's a recent post on her first cruise about a week ago.  Lots of teething pains

On 2/25/2016 at 2:43 PM, Lisichka said:

We are considering a deck 6 cabin but are worried about the life boats. Do they obstruct view at all? How about aft cabins on deck 7? Which one would be a better choice?

This would be for an Alaska cruise.

If you go to a site called CruiseDeckPlans they have a tool for virtual view of obstructed view cabins. 

Actually after looking at the URL it links to a thecelebritycommittment site.

https://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/360_Millennium_Class.html

They list the cabins below as partially obstructed views.   They have a virtual tool to view what it looks like.

image.thumb.png.8047faa7fe8e4d674b005c4610a41547.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you go to a site called CruiseDeckPlans they have a tool for virtual view of obstructed view cabins. 

Actually after looking at the URL it links to a thecelebritycommittment site.

https://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/360_Millennium_Class.html

They list the cabins below as partially obstructed views.   They have a virtual tool to view what it looks like.

image.thumb.png.8047faa7fe8e4d674b005c4610a41547.png

My post was 6 years ago.  😃

19 hours ago, Madio said:

We are on the August 27 Infinity Western Caribbean in an S2 Sky Suite, Cabin 6119. Have done 5 X cruises, 4 on Solstice class, on one the Apex, but not familiar with this M class.  Read somewhere that it was revolutionized in 2021, but now I read here that it was 2018.  Also didn’t realize our balcony view may be obstructed by lifeboats.  Any recent info appreciated.  I may try to switch cabins.  Thanks!

The older photo and video are from Millie. We have sailed in 6132 and 6122. Photo from 6132 looking forward. The balcony with a chair you see at the end of the video is sky suite 6132. We have Infinity booked for April 2023 in sky suite 6122. I'm not concerned about my view being obstructed or the condition of Infinity. But that is my thoughts.IMG_20170123_045905811.thumb.jpg.825aafab0a9f0334cc1b40fad97e6f5f.jpg

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

20 hours ago, Lisichka said:

My post was 6 years ago.  😃

LOL  -   I didn't look at the date.   Obviously you know what your view was like.   I love it when old threads gain a new life.