Upgrade from Inside to Balcony

daisyh

We had a similar experience on our first cruise. Our original booking was for two inside cabins, later NCL had a price drop AND they had a free upgrade from ocean view to balcony. In the end we paid about $25 per cabin and went from inside cabins to nice balcony cabins! :D

Congrats! A few days ago I also got upgraded from an inside room to a guarantee balcony for no extra charge! I'm also sailing the Getaway, on May 22. :)

Two days ago I asked for a price decrease or anything that they would throw in for a cruise booked on the Escape mid May. I was told no. The next morning the price had dropped by $200. It was before final payment. Check your cruise price closely before final payment as there are 4 mega ships sailing out of the FLL/Miami area and the prices seem to be dropping.

Karysa- I made my final payment on Monday. Wednesday I noticed the guarantee balcony price was about the same as what I booked my inside cabin for. At first they weren't going to let me upgrade. They were saying I'd have to cancel, pay the cancellation fee and re book. Which would not be worth. My travel agent called and then they ended up giving us the balcony. :)

Karysa- I made my final payment on Monday. Wednesday I noticed the guarantee balcony price was about the same as what I booked my inside cabin for. At first they weren't going to let me upgrade. They were saying I'd have to cancel, pay the cancellation fee and re book. Which would not be worth. My travel agent called and then they ended up giving us the balcony. :)

Glad this worked out for you!

We just upgraded from Inside staterooms to balcony guaranteed rooms and saved about $10 on two cabins! We are sailing on the Getaway the first week in June. We are so excited!

When did you originally book? I'll be on that same sailing :-) I'm hoping for the same outcome, but just booked last week. I've been watching prices daily and they haven't moved.