Promo questions and should we wait to book?

KarimaJ

So besides the Wifi package, we aren't too keen on the promotions being offered. Once this promotion ends in a few days is it typical that another one with start, like reduced rates or free gratuities? Trying to decide if we should wait to book for a better deal. Thanks :)

What are the promos you want?

The last few years I've waited to book Dawn to Bermuda until the first part of April and have gotten pretty good deals in terms of dining, drinking, tips, OBC. Right now that same cruise in same accomodations is way pricier since tips have gone up, dining package is now 4 nights instead of 7. I'm going to wait and see what comes down the pike.

We had been watching the Epic from FLA in November. Price was around $1400 for two of us in an interior, with the drink package included. I was waiting on my vacation request to be approved at work and it finally came back today( been waiting since mid Jan.). So I come home to book the cruise and the price has jumped to a little over $2000 for the same interior room.

Why the price jump? What's the likelihood of the price dropping again within the next week or so? I ask because if we're going to pay the $2000 for an interior then I would prefer to spend an extra $400 and get the balcony which would include two up-grades. We have sailed before but with a different line, this will be our first with NCL. We have had balconies in the past and don't really use them, hence the reason for the interior.

So did the price jump for jump or do you pro's think it will drop again?

Thanks

We booked our up-coming cruise on Breakaway when "free gratuities" was one of the perks offered. We booked it a year ago this past January. To be honest(and someone can correct me if I am wrong) I haven't seen it since.

Dsc was a perk option in September.

Late October and November, 2015 they had pick two perks for all stateroom types including insides. Not sure if all sailings though. I've seen quite a price increase since then for Europe sailings.

Jan, feb and March, 2015 had some really good perks with extra bonus the last weekend of each month. The perks slowly decreased in value as the year went on. UBP perk used to give first two UBP and tips and the rest of cabin soda and tips. Udp was also for everyone in stateroom. ThenTips on UBP perk no longer included I think from April on. Udp replaced with SDP and if taken as a perk gratuity not included, shore ex credit reduced to $50 at the same time that shore excursions saw a big bump in price. UBP and dining package price also increased which meant when taken, the grats on package also increased. I wouldn't be surprised if the trend continues as this year progresses. Hard to say if it will start in March or not but as long as you are outside final payment I would book now and if a better perk option avail next month then cancel and rebook.

Edited by littlelulu01

I want to book an October 2016 Boston yo Bermuda sailing. I've been watching the prices and they seem to have remained the same, though in my opinion high. $599 pp for interiors... I've booked balconies for that price.

Do you think I should hold out for a better deal or book now? Any advice??

I want to book an October 2016 Boston yo Bermuda sailing. I've been watching the prices and they seem to have remained the same, though in my opinion high. $599 pp for interiors... I've booked balconies for that price.

Do you think I should hold out for a better deal or book now? Any advice??

Have you previously booked a similar singular-stop itinerary departing from a smaller port? Supply and demand plays a big part in pricing.

I can get an itinerary departing a busy Florida port at half the price of the same from a limited northeast port (all things being relatively equal).

You can hold out for better prices but you run the risk of poor cabin selection, sold out or, in some cases, rising prices. Only you can decide your threshold as the elusive "steal of a deal" is becoming increasingly rare.

Have you previously booked a similar singular-stop itinerary departing from a smaller port? Supply and demand plays a big part in pricing.

I can get an itinerary departing a busy Florida port at half the price of the same from a limited northeast port (all things being relatively equal).

You can hold out for better prices but you run the risk of poor cabin selection, sold out or, in some cases, rising prices. Only you can decide your threshold as the elusive "steal of a deal" is becoming increasingly rare.

Thank you for the advice.. I think I'll call today. I was also waiting to see what the March promos would bring, but it seems the "Last day today! Free at Sea! Promos" are sticking around well into March..

Pick two for oceanview, balcony, and mini-suite

-Ultimate Beverage Package

-Specialty Dining Package

-250 Minute Internet Package

-$50 per port Shore Excursion Credit

Valid: 3/1-3/13

So if you are booking Inside, that promo ends today? Or does Inside get one promo. Just a heads up for those who sail inside.

So if you are booking Inside, that promo ends today? Or does Inside get one promo. Just a heads up for those who sail inside.

Correction: I forgot to read the fine prints, I think inside get pick1. :)

The new expiration date is now 3/15

Thank you for the advice.. I think I'll call today. I was also waiting to see what the March promos would bring, but it seems the "Last day today! Free at Sea! Promos" are sticking around well into March..

The UBP price has increased. Which means grats on perk of chosen are going to be a few bucks more each day. People are reporting that the grats are charged at old rate under the February promo. Most likely new rate for new promo. I put a deposit down yesterday and was charged $222 for nine nt cruise vs $256 (new rate)

Don't be discouraged same thing happened at the end of January - do I book

now or later - are the promos going to be the same - then the next month comes

and nothing changed much - except NCL is offering pick two promos instead of

one on most of the ships - the promos are still there the UDP became the

SDP - the two biggies are still there the UBP and the now the SDP - so you

now have 31 more days of figuring out what is the best deal for you and your

budget - what has the most bang for the buck - what stateroom is going to

fit the budget bill - then come April start all over again perhaps with more

enhancements or tweaking of the promos to get the most money out of you

leaving you with the impression that NCL really cares about you.

First time cruisers will be awed by the cruise and the promos and the great deal

of fun they had.

The only thing wrong with waiting too long is the cabin you had your eye on

the promo that was high on your list may have further restrictions and even

the one cruise you really wanted maybe sold out (not really just darn difficult

to get on at the price level you were planning on).

So don't wait too long - when you find something that fits the budget seize the

moment - remember you can change just about anything up to the 90 day

final payment is due. Sure you may lose a promo or two but get a better price

or the reverse get more OBC and promos although the price just went up a bit that is still affordable.

When you get to the point 90 days or less from sailing it is time to make a

decision and make the most of the situation at that time.

Keep reading here at CC for ideas deals about promos and the ebb and flow

of the tides for getting as much out of your cruise as you can !

Our booking for Alaska next year had UBP only, just got off the phone, now have UBP and SDP :)

SDP had svc charge about $18pp - for six meals, gotta love it!

Base fare hadn't changed so it was an easy choice.

Edited by pspercy