Grand Suite vs Crown Loft Suite on Oasis

Luvmypups

I'm currently booked in a GS on Oasis, however I keep being drawn to the Crown Loft Suite. It's currently a total of $775 more than what I paid for the GS, is it worth the additional money?? I realize the suite perks are the same for both. Can anyone give me the pros and cons to both?

Stayed in a GS in November and LOVED it. We were on deck 10. We saw the CL and thought they were pretty neat. Each has their plusses and minuses. It was just 2 of us for the GS and that was perfect - we preferred being in between public areas and CK/SL. With our 2 kids the CLS would have been great, with multiple bathrooms and allowing us and the kids separate sleeping zones. The only "negative" I would give the CLS is the ones facing the sports area (I believe cat L2) offered no privacy. If all drapes weren't closed you could even see through the sheer drapes in dusk when lights were on. I don't remember seeing anyone in those cabins use their balcony, and I wouldn't have either.

Edited by MikeBTN

• 2 weeks later...
When are you going? We are in a CLS #1728 on Oasis leaving 10/29/16 just wondering if we will be neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are sailing 9/10/16 in 1726. Have a great time!

Ugh I was already mildly obsessed with getting a CLS, and this thread makes me even more so! I love the floor to ceiling windows, which are bigger on the CL since it has the loft. I've priced several cruises, and it seems to fluctuate as to which is more expensive, the GS or CL, but they aren't off by that much! I personally think you made the right choice. :)

I prefer the L2 to L1 but we are all different. I just don't get the excitement of looking at water especially at night when it's dark. I much rather look at the activities on the ship. Depending on how the ship docks in port, in a L1 there is no view. Just the top of the ship docked next to you.

Personally, I used my L2 balcony plenty of times and I plan to do so again on my upcoming cruises. You cannot see into the cabin in the evening with the curtain closed.

5soonerfans I am of the mindset of Crusinthrough. We decided on the L2 so we would have more to watch and still be able to see the ocean. We love to people watch and felt this would be more suitable to our preference.

When you are staying in the L2 CLS do you notice the noise from the sports deck, especially at night? We currently have an L1 and an L2 booked and am trying to decide which one to keep.

Sitting on the balcony or if the doors are open you will definitely hear the noise from below during the day. I did not hear any noise at night with the doors closed.

The use of the sports deck probably varies by sailing. In the off season there may be fewer people using the sports deck or playing basketball in the evening as there are less teenagers. Alternatively, golf is a relatively quite sport, a L2 on that end would probably have less noise in general.

5soonerfans I am of the mindset of Crusinthrough. We decided on the L2 so we would have more to watch and still be able to see the ocean. We love to people watch and felt this would be more suitable to our preference.

I agree with your point of view. We've also stayed in a Boardwalk balcony several times and the noise was never an issue for us there, so I don't expect it to be an issue in the L2. Glad I made the move.

We are currently booked into 1738 for an upcoming Harmony cruise.

My wife is second guessing our cabin location due to the view.

Some CL's along the port side are available as is an owner suite.

We are travelling with a little one who needs some quiet time.

Any recommendations?

Lofts are close to the lounge/CK- but the OS has a much bigger balcony....

help.

Thanks

We are currently booked into 1738 for an upcoming Harmony cruise.

My wife is second guessing our cabin location due to the view.

Some CL's along the port side are available as is an owner suite.

We are travelling with a little one who needs some quiet time.

Any recommendations?

Lofts are close to the lounge/CK- but the OS has a much bigger balcony....

help.

Thanks

The side facing CL staterooms tend to be quieter than the aft facing CL staterooms. If I could not get a side facing CL, then I'd go for the OS.

We are trying to decide what cabin to book for the Oasis in January 2018 for a possible retirement celebration cruise (its good to plan ahead).

L1 , L2, OS, GS -- so many choices.

OS is $100 more pp than an L1, which is $100 more pp than an L2, which is $900 more pp than a GS.

Haven't been in any of these categories before, but leaning towards an L1 --- not available on all ships, and the 17th deck sounds awesome.

mac_tlc

We were in the Royal Suite Loft on the Oasis last year. I could see the CL as they were being cleaned. I felt it was small... especially the balcony, which our family utilizes a lot! Yes, it is nice to be by the coastal kitchen and lounge, but if you plan to frequent the solarium, park central area, ocean adventure... just remember that is the opposite end of the ship.

I agree with others, the stewards are exceptional in the loft area. Even though they were not tied to our room, all new us and family members in a grand suite on another level.

If you are traveling with others, this area needs your card for access. They will need to call you and you will need to let them into the hallway.

Enjoy!

We are trying to decide what cabin to book for the Oasis in January 2018 for a possible retirement celebration cruise (its good to plan ahead).

L1 , L2, OS, GS -- so many choices.

OS is $100 more pp than an L1, which is $100 more pp than an L2, which is $900 more pp than a GS.

Haven't been in any of these categories before, but leaning towards an L1 --- not available on all ships, and the 17th deck sounds awesome.

mac_tlc

L1 and L2 are on deck 17 close to the suite lounge. Deck 17 is exclusive to suites. The L1 and L2 probably have the most wow factor. They are the same inside but the L2 balcony faces the aft of the ship and L1 balcony faces the ocean. They have a standard size full bathroom downstairs and a bathroom upstairs with a bigger shower. There is a TV upstairs and one downstairs. There is a bed upstairs and pull out bed downstairs. Standard furniture on the balcony are two lounge chairs and a small table.

The L2 balcony has less privacy when sitting on the balcony and there is more noise compared to a L1. At a $100 difference between the L1 and L2, most people would probably go with the L1.

I have not stayed in an OS or GS. I do know both are only one level suites and are located on lower decks mixed in with the ocean view balconies. The balconies are fairly large. I think there are two sinks in a GS. Perhaps someone who stayed in either can chime in. I'm not sure about the furniture on the balcony on either but I would think at minimum there is a table and loungers.

All have the same suite benefits with access to the suite only lounge and costal kitchen for dining.

I have not stayed in an OS or GS. I do know both are only one level suites and are located on lower decks mixed in with the ocean view balconies. The balconies are fairly large. I think there are two sinks in a GS. Perhaps someone who stayed in either can chime in. I'm not sure about the furniture on the balcony on either but I would think at minimum there is a table and loungers.

All have the same suite benefits with access to the suite only lounge and costal kitchen for dining.

No balcony loungers on the three Oasis and Allure GSs we have sailed in but two reclining chairs with foot stools and a table with two chairs.

14407447804_986761d6f3_c.jpg

Two sinks in the huge bathroom.

14221977520_fa2ed6b1fd_c.jpg

Only thing better than a OS balcony would be an Aqua Suite. We had an OS last March and booked another for October. The balcony is huge with two loungers and small table; plus a tall table with four chairs and a lot of deck in between.

My brother had a CLS and one thing I did like was the huge shower in the upstairs bathroom. The shower in the OS seemed a little small for my taste and I am not that big.

You might find naps for a little one better in the OS as it's all one level so you don't have to worry about stairs if you are hanging out on the balcony during nap time. I am not sure how dark the upstairs bedroom might be in the CLS, but the one in our OS you could get pretty dark by closing the window curtains and the drapes between the living room and bedroom. A baby monitor might come in handy.