Anthem of the seas is headed back to Cape Liberty now due to a storm

lazeyey

What's funny is I'm seeing some posts on twitter now about people complaining about the decision. However if they would have continued and they got caught in a storm again, they would have been ripped to pieces about them not learning their lesson.

They're damned if they do, and damed if they don't.

You got that right!

NWS/NOAA Marine forecast is showing gale warnings in the mid-Atlantic for Wednesday-ish. While they will probably take advantage of an extra day or two to scrub the ship for Noro before the 3/4 cruise, I think the storm thing is legit (esp in light of what happened recently).

Hoping it is cleaned up before we board. Sorry for those coming home but it sounds like they are compensating fairly. I hope they are reimbursing for change in flight costs or hotels for those 2 nights also.

Hoping it is cleaned up before we board. Sorry for those coming home but it sounds like they are compensating fairly. I hope they are reimbursing for change in flight costs or hotels for those 2 nights also.

I would think they would give you the option of staying onboard for the 2 days.

Omg this makes sense, you are right. The noro virus has broken out even more, today there was a OPP level three which they say is the worst it gets, and now this.

Are you no longer allowed to serve yourself in the WJ? That's usually the first sign of a bad outbreak.

Following! I was on the original cruise that turned around a few weeks ago! I'm so glad that RCI learned their lesson from that and are keeping everyone safe!

I hope you're all well-compensated! Take care and keep us posted!

Not that they won't, but why should they be "well compensated"? It's the weather, they have no control.

Are they allowing you to stay onboard until the original debark time? I imagine that should be offered at least to accommodate travel plans already made.

That's a really good idea - let them stay on the ship in Cape Liberty for the duration of the cruise.

That's a really good idea - let them stay on the ship in Cape Liberty for the duration of the cruise.

I would say it depends on how wide spread the Noro becomes. It might be better to folks off, separated, and start deep cleaning the ship.

Not that they won't, but why should they be "well compensated"? It's the weather, they have no control.

Seriously? Umm... For losing 2 days of their cruise! If I were on that cruise I would fully understand and support the decision to return early but would expect those 2 days to be refunded, and alternate travel arrangements home (2 days early - if not allowed to stay onboard) to be covered! And as they've told us, they are getting those 2 days refunded - rightfully so.

Having been on the sailing two weeks ago that hit the other storm - I'm glad to hear they made the decision to return early this time around instead of putting all of the passengers and crew in that type of situation yet again.

I think I'm rather glad that I have not had any interest in sailing on this ship.

No kidding. :rolleyes: And either Royal Caribbean is overly cautious or not cautious enough. They aren't going to be able to please everyone, no matter what they decide to do. :)

Sounds like a HUGE crock to me ... conveniently blaming some distant storm that's 5 days away .. when in reality, the ship is teeming with Norovirus ...

Theyre trying to turn this into good PR ("Oh ... look ... they came back to keep their passengers safe!") ... rather than the nightmare PR of "Anthem crawling with Norovirus" ...

Two weeks ago this same line had no problem making their Capt. sail right into a massive storm ... suddenly there gonna start cutting cruises short cuz of bad weather? And why just the Anthem? Wouldn't this "huge storm coming" be affecting other ships/lines too ?

I call TOTAL BS on this one !

Edited by F27TW

Sorry to hear all of this is going on with your cruise. Missing two days and dealing with a norovirus outbreak cannot be fun. Hopefully you have a safe, enjoyable, and germ-free trip back to port.

Based on what they did for the cruise two weeks ago, I'd expect them to kick the passengers off so they can do a deep cleaning. If you booked your cruise, air and transfers through Royal, you will probably be covered for changes. If not, you're out of luck and will have to cover your own hotel and/or flight changes. That's what happened with us. Also, if it hasn't been covered already, they will likely give you the full C&A points for the 12 nights.

Sounds like a HUGE crock to me ... conveniently blaming some distant storm that's 5 days away .. when in reality, the ship is teeming with Norovirus ...

Theyre trying to turn this into good PR ("Oh ... look ... they came back to keep their passengers safe!") ... rather than the nightmare PR of "Anthem crawling with Norovirus" ...

Two weeks ago this same line had no problem making their Capt. sail right into a massive storm ... suddenly there gonna start cutting cruises short cuz of bad weather? And why just the Anthem? Wouldn't this "huge storm coming" be affecting other ships/lines too ?

I call TOTAL BS on this one !

According to someone on the ship it's about 60-70 people I wouldn't call that crawling with Norovirus. It's the time of year also, so many people coming down with the stomach bug. I work in the dental field and many patients have been cancelling due to being sick. But seeing as I am on the ship right after I wont mind it getting s good scrub down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear all of this is going on with your cruise. Missing two days and dealing with a norovirus outbreak cannot be fun. Hopefully you have a safe, enjoyable, and germ-free trip back to port.

Based on what they did for the cruise two weeks ago, I'd expect them to kick the passengers off so they can do a deep cleaning. If you booked your cruise, air and transfers through Royal, you will probably be covered for changes. If not, you're out of luck and will have to cover your own hotel and/or flight changes. That's what happened with us. Also, if it hasn't been covered already, they will likely give you the full C&A points for the 12 nights.

Just a heads up in case you missed it - Royal is reimbursing flight changes from our cruise up to $150US pp for domestic flights, and $250pp for international. If you faced any flight changes due to our itinerary change, you can submit the receipts to RCI for refund - that's regardless of whether you booked air with them or not.

Well if the reason to return to port is to beat a weather system there is no reason to make anyone disembark early.

If the reason is norovirus, then yes, people will have to disembark for a deep cleaning.

But since Royal has said it is weather related, people should be allowed to stay and not have to incur change fees on travel arrangements.

Well if the reason to return to port is to beat a weather system there is no reason to make anyone disembark early.

If the reason is norovirus, then yes, people will have to disembark for a deep cleaning.

But since Royal has said it is weather related, people should be allowed to stay and not have to incur change fees on travel arrangements.

It maybe both. I am boarding on the 4th for the 3 day, So it will be reassuring if it gets a deep cleaning for two days.