How long must we wait for the Anthem to leave New JERSEY.

Heck, no! Liberty is scheduled for Galveston through mid 2018! I have a great ship I can drive to. I agree, a different ship would work better in Bayonne.

Um, why? Quantum class was built for cooler weather cruising. They have a lot more indoor venues, etc. The knee jerk reactions to a storm is absolutely insane.

We've cruised out of Baltimore, NJ and NY, and guess what? The Atlantic can be rocky. It's a fact. We've been in 30 foot seas and it doesn't matter what size ship it is, you will feel it.

As I've said on other threads about cruising out of the NE, if you don't want to, don't, but don't whine about it either.

We're on Anthem in 30 days and cannot wait.

Um, why? Quantum class was built for cooler weather cruising. They have a lot more indoor venues, etc. The knee jerk reactions to a storm is absolutely insane.

We've cruised out of Baltimore, NJ and NY, and guess what? The Atlantic can be rocky. It's a fact. We've been in 30 foot seas and it doesn't matter what size ship it is, you will feel it.

As I've said on other threads about cruising out of the NE, if you don't want to, don't, but don't whine about it either.

We're on Anthem in 30 days and cannot wait.

I'm not whining, just a good number of people I know ego live there, wish for another ship.

Quantum for 12 nights in 2015 (after most of the kinks were ironed out), made me realize that barring a very special itinerary, I won't be sailing from Bayonne again. Of our 12 nights, five were spent in cool weather with rocking seas, especially in the Carolinas. If I'm flying, I'd rather start in warm weather and enjoy all 12 days of my cruise.

I guess those of you who sail south regularly are used to that type of weather, I'm not.

Mine isn't a knee jerk reaction. I have thought about it a lot. I'm also glad Capt. Claus is returning soon. He has been our captain many times, and I think the world of him.

I'm not whining, just a good number of people I know ego live there, wish for another ship.

Quantum for 12 nights in 2015 (after most of the kinks were ironed out), made me realize that barring a very special itinerary, I won't be sailing from Bayonne again. Of our 12 nights, five were spent in cool weather with rocking seas, especially in the Carolinas. If I'm flying, I'd rather start in warm weather and enjoy all 12 days of my cruise.

I guess those of you who sail south regularly are used to that type of weather, I'm not.

Mine isn't a knee jerk reaction. I have thought about it a lot. I'm also glad Capt. Claus is returning soon. He has been our captain many times, and I think the world of him.

Okay, so if you won't cruise out of Bayonne, why do you care which ship is there?

Because I have friends who DO care.

Well, then it's their issue and not yours. It's hardly a life and death issue that requires friends to defend it:rolleyes:

So, I have an idea, don't cruise out of NJ, but honestly, I'm seeing way too many people who believe the crap that the ship is "jinxed'. LOL.

I still don't get why? Any ship would have the same issues with weather. The seas don't change because of the ship. We have cruised out of the NE many times and have had many experiences with seas. None of them make me think the ship is the issue.

A lot of the posts on here make ZERO sense.

Edited by BND

Well, then it's their issue and not yours. It's hardly a life and death issue that requires friends to defend it:rolleyes:

So, I have an idea, don't cruise out of NJ, but honestly, I'm seeing way too many people who believe the crap that the ship is "jinxed'. LOL.

I still don't get why? Any ship would have the same issues with weather. The seas don't change because of the ship. We have cruised out of the NE many times and have had many experiences with seas. None of them make me think the ship is the issue.

I don't think the ship is jinxed.

However, I guess you've seen the video of Captain's corner where the captain basically said the ship was too tall for its width (a design issue). I'm glad you are happy with Bayonne sailings. I have just decided it's not for me. Has nothing totally specifically to do with the ship. We did do NE and Canada from Bayonne on Explorer. Loved it.

Happy sailing!

Yawn. I'm finished with this conversation. Someone else can chime in.

However, I guess you've seen the video of Captain's corner where the captain basically said the ship was too tall for its width (a design issue).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47321034&highlight=on+this+vessel#post47321034

"During the Captain's Corner this was asked to Capt. Srecko and he said during sea trials the ship was given 15% rudder at close to full speed 22 knots, and the ship did not even list 4% which he said is unheard of... he feels Q is one of the most stable in the fleet."

However I pointed out in that same post that...

"I did notice is that this ship had more of a "rolling" or "figure 8" type of motion. I do feel that many other cruisers may have felt different than on other ships because of this slightly different motion, again only my opinion here."

I've been on rough seas on Voyager, Rhapsody and Explorer (barf bags out)... they did not compare to the figure 8 type of rolling motion that Q had on my sailing (15ft waves, no barf bags). The motion was different to me. And those cruisers especially in forward higher balconies really pointed it out. I feel it could be from the design

The motion was different to me. And those cruisers especially in forward higher balconies really pointed it out. I feel it could be from the design

And that difference is what seemingly does not agree with some folks' being prone to sea sickness. There's lots of anecdotal evidence that folks used to motion on others ships, just don't tolerate the kind of movement Quantum class ships have. The list meter on the ship says one thing, but the motion in people's heads says something else.:cool:

I live in NJ and I'd sailed Explorer out of Bayonne 5 years ago. I hadn't kept up on cruises until I just started planning my next cruise, but all of this Anthem talk has just made me excited to hear that we have one of the cool, new, as-seen-on-TV ships nearby. And even though this year's vacation will be a Mediterranean cruise, maybe I'll plan Anthem with the family the following year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47321034&highlight=on+this+vessel#post47321034

"During the Captain's Corner this was asked to Capt. Srecko and he said during sea trials the ship was given 15% rudder at close to full speed 22 knots, and the ship did not even list 4% which he said is unheard of... he feels Q is one of the most stable in the fleet."

However I pointed out in that same post that...

"I did notice is that this ship had more of a "rolling" or "figure 8" type of motion. I do feel that many other cruisers may have felt different than on other ships because of this slightly different motion, again only my opinion here."

I've been on rough seas on Voyager, Rhapsody and Explorer (barf bags out)... they did not compare to the figure 8 type of rolling motion that Q had on my sailing (15ft waves, no barf bags). The motion was different to me. And those cruisers especially in forward higher balconies really pointed it out. I feel it could be from the design

While on our January 15-24 cruise on board the Anthem our second night brought back some memories of the ill fated cargo ship as it was still fresh. The Anthem was in a so called no-name storm going south with some 20+ swells, rain and strong winds. What some of us found out while taking the bridge tour as we left St. Kitts going back north is that the evening of the storm (which incidentally the Captain rather shrugged it off on his evening broadcast by saying we could have a little WEATHER during the evening and next day)

When taking the bridge Tour we were told that only 1 stabilizer was working properly, so with that, they couldn't deploy the other one for the obvious reason. An engineer fwas flown in from Europe was late boarding the ship. His purpose was to try and find the reason why it wasn't working properly. We knew knew the outcome as the Captain changed course, added 286 nautical miles to the journey north by hugging the coast back to Bayonne. Good thing as we saw from the computerized map on the bridge because Super Storm Jonah made it's mark taking the course we were supposed to take going back.

I am currently on the Anthem 12 night cruise, just pulled into Jamaica. The trip down was wonderful, minimal rocking, at times I had to look out on the balcony to see if we were moving. I am on Deck 6 near forward elevator.

I am currently on the Anthem 12 night cruise, just pulled into Jamaica. The trip down was wonderful, minimal rocking, at times I had to look out on the balcony to see if we were moving. I am on Deck 6 near forward elevator.

Awesome!

Loving all of the great Anthem comments lately!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

However, I guess you've seen the video of Captain's corner where the captain basically said the ship was too tall for its width (a design issue). I'm glad you are happy with Bayonne sailings. I have just decided it's not for me. Has nothing totally specifically to do with the ship. We did do NE and Canada from Bayonne on Explorer. Loved it.

Happy sailing!

Yawn. I'm finished with this conversation. Someone else can chime in.

Good job hanging in there with the Royal Cheerleaders Internetwhiz. Have a great next cruise.:) :) :D

While on our January 15-24 cruise on board the Anthem our second night brought back some memories of the ill fated cargo ship as it was still fresh. The Anthem was in a so called no-name storm going south with some 20+ swells, rain and strong winds. What some of us found out while taking the bridge tour as we left St. Kitts going back north is that the evening of the storm (which incidentally the Captain rather shrugged it off on his evening broadcast by saying we could have a little WEATHER during the evening and next day)

When taking the bridge Tour we were told that only 1 stabilizer was working properly, so with that, they couldn't deploy the other one for the obvious reason. An engineer fwas flown in from Europe was late boarding the ship. His purpose was to try and find the reason why it wasn't working properly. We knew knew the outcome as the Captain changed course, added 286 nautical miles to the journey north by hugging the coast back to Bayonne. Good thing as we saw from the computerized map on the bridge because Super Storm Jonah made it's mark taking the course we were supposed to take going back.

The Cargo ship (El Faro) went down because it had cargo on it that more than likely broke free and shifted which made the ship tip over farther than it could handle. That doesn't/won't happen on a cruise ship as there isn't the issue of cargo weight. This has been discussed on other Anthem threads by an experienced merchant and cruise sailor (chengkp75). You do know that stabilizers are only for the passenger's comfort and have nothing to do with safety, right? To the Captain who is an experienced sailor, it was just weather.

Edited by BND

Of course I'm well aware what the stabilizers are for. never once was I insinuating that they were for safety purposes. However when one of them is not operating properly they wont use the other one. The Anthem was in rough, rolling windy high seas in mid-late January which on the bridge tour that was explained to us. The First Officer thought the ship would have taken the bad weather much better than it did.

Unknowing in two weeks they would encounter another storm with much stronger winds. Who's to know if everything was operating properly then ? I'm sure with future Bridge tours information wont always be available to those who inquire what took place.

I have read so many posts about the Anthem and "the storm" cruise but have not participated in any of the debates because I do not know anything about ships and how much they can handle and will never pretend that I do.

Having said that, I think the Anthem looks beautiful and I would love to sail on it to Bermuda or even the Caribbean.

Now, for all the people that say negative things about the ship and how it should be replaced in Bayonne for a smaller ship, yada, yada, yada, I would like to ask the experts if it wasn't the Anthem going through the storm and one of these smaller ships would the other ship come out with only cosmetic damages and come out it relatively unscathed....perhaps not!

I have read so many posts about the Anthem and "the storm" cruise but have not participated in any of the debates because I do not know anything about ships and how much they can handle and will never pretend that I do.

Having said that, I think the Anthem looks beautiful and I would love to sail on it to Bermuda or even the Caribbean.

Now, for all the people that say negative things about the ship and how it should be replaced in Bayonne for a smaller ship, yada, yada, yada, I would like to ask the experts if it wasn't the Anthem going through the storm and one of these smaller ships would the other ship come out with only cosmetic damages and come out it relatively unscathed....perhaps not!

Agreed. Most of the negative comments are coming from folks that are just bitter about their favorite Explorer or Liberty being replaced by Anthem. They've never even stepped foot on the ship. Sort of like reviewing main dining room food after visiting once on the entire cruise