Daring decision RE: SF disembark

Robinsoncruiseso

So, normally we are a "fly in early" cruiser...but are contemplating a risky move.

Looking at a disembark in San Francisco, fly from OAK to SEA and jump on another cruise that same day in Seattle.

September - so thinking fog should not be a problem.

Grew up in Bay Area, very familiar with BART to Oakland airport

Looking at Southwest flight at 10:50 am arriving Seattle at 12:50

We have TSA Pre-check and only carry on

Live near Seattle so familiar with airport to port transportation

Financial risk of missed cruise $423

Financial cost of staying the day in SF, flying late to SEA and taking the same cruise the following day $170

So, what do you think our chances are of making the 10:50 flight out of Oakland? If flight arrives on time, getting to pier in Seattle is no problem.

Take the later flight.

BART service has been a bit clunky for the past few years.

Most of the train cars have been in service over 30+ plus years; new ones won't arrive until later this year and only for testing :o

What day will this be?

Sunday? Possible. Friday? Not so much.

If you attempt it, screw BART. Book a car service. BART would be the demise of this effort. A black town car will put you from Pier 27 to OAK in under a half hour on a Sunday.

How much stress are you willing to put up with? Also, where is the flight originating? It could be delayed somewhere else on its route for any number of reasons so you can't just consider what conditions will be like at in San Francisco.

Thanks for all the reply's. We decided it would be too stressful, so we are sticking with our original 7 day RT to Mexico. If we are still feeling like being risk-takers, we can always try a Seattle to Vancouver, then drive to Seattle same day for another Seattle to Vancouver.

I think it would work, just be extra careful... walk off, get off early.

Since it's just carry on, hop on BART and get to OAK airport. It's a fabulous airport and flights are not usually cancelled from there.

Plus, if you get there early enough and see a problem with your flight you might be able to request an earlier one.

I think it's very doable.

I remember a Vancouver to San Fran cruise in September 2013... the boat was 4 hours late.

Boat was running at full power on the Washington/Oregon coast through a storm.

I think its pretty tight, but if I were to try it I wouldn't be using BART and I wouldn't fly on Southwest. I'd book a mainstream carrier. If there is any glitch they will get you on another flight or even another carrier. With SW they will only reschedule you on SW.