Lounge for Diamond on Anthem?

Herby

because of the way the freedom class ships are set up you have to come in thru the elevator and the staff does ask to see your card however if the lounge is elsewhere like on anthem it is a little harder when it is really crowded and I think the do get a little lax after first couple of nights. I think that is why they are probably going to change the setup so diamond will just get the three free drinks loaded on the seapass for the outside bars and diamond lounge will be for diamond plus and pinnacle soon......just a rumor....but makes sense from a business standpoint......

This has been a long standing rumor on this board.

Miami vice is a good one... they may change that we will see....but they are overwhelmed with diamond members...the lounges are always crowded... the concierge will be for suites only....that will be a change also and pinnacle will have to be b in the diamond lounge with d plus

That may be but I have to report from the Anthem that there are just 210 Diamonds onboard, 71 Diamond plus and just 7 pinnacles. Neither of our lounges are the least bit crowded. I admit however that this is not the norm.

Big Celebrity cruiser switching over to RCI. I see the Diamond drink menu. Do named drinks like Cosmo, Side Car or Manhattan, made by request in the Diamond lounge.

Depends on the type of alcohol and mixers they have. They typically do Cosmos, not sure of the others.

Miami vice is a good one... they may change that we will see....but they are overwhelmed with diamond members...the lounges are always crowded... the concierge will be for suites only....that will be a change also and pinnacle will have to be b in the diamond lounge with d plus

Maybe raise the bar to 100 days. I will still be good after this cruise I will be at 105[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the New England cruise this past Aug/Sept. diamond lounge was pretty good size and had a nice set up. I didn't think the furniture made sitting and meeting people very easy. The food was good and usually stayed full. The door was opened with our card. Concierge was pretty unsocial. Bar tenders were good and had to work had as loung stayed very full. There were many who broke the rules and brought in non diamond guests. On 2 different nights, one of the bar tenders made a very loud announcement about those in there that shouldn't be and asked them to leave. It didn't seem to make much difference. We got great service in the diamond lounge as one of the bartenders recognized us from a cruise last winter and made sure we had drinks each time we entered and kept them full. Family members just returned from the cruise that went out week before Christmas and returned dec23, they said diamond club experience was not what they were used to. We set sail on the Anthem again this Jan 26 for 12 nights.

the lounges may have to start carding people every night....if people are abusing the perks....makes it harder for everyone else... I would not have a problem showing my card every night tho....rccl will have to figure out how to handle that

because of the way the freedom class ships are set up you have to come in thru the elevator and the staff does ask to see your card however if the lounge is elsewhere like on anthem it is a little harder when it is really crowded and I think the do get a little lax after first couple of nights. I think that is why they are probably going to change the setup so diamond will just get the three free drinks loaded on the seapass for the outside bars and diamond lounge will be for diamond plus and pinnacle soon......just a rumor....but makes sense from a business standpoint......

We heard this rumor from several hotel directors this fall. Guise we will wait to see. Makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

the lounges may have to start carding people every night....if people are abusing the perks....makes it harder for everyone else... I would not have a problem showing my card every night tho....rccl will have to figure out how to handle that

I don't have a problem either. I never even thought of going in before I reached Diamond. Heck I did not even think about it til I got close.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums