Lounge for Diamond on Anthem?

Herby

• 9 months later...
Do we need to take our S&S card or will the WOW band work? On Allure, we were able to open the door with our room key. Is there a person at the door checking cards?

Last I heard, you still need the SeaPass card to get on and off the ship.

Do we need to take our S&S card or will the WOW band work? On Allure, we were able to open the door with our room key. Is there a person at the door checking cards?

The WOW bands work 24hrs to get into the D lounge on the Anthem. With regards to person checking your tier--barely. Once you get in, you're in. As a matter of fact, I noticed that when there is a overflow, paxs get in via the Music Hall.

The WOW bands work 24hrs to get into the D lounge on the Anthem. With regards to person checking your tier--barely. Once you get in, you're in. As a matter of fact, I noticed that when there is a overflow, paxs get in via the Music Hall.

Thanks, I preferred to wear the WOW when running around the ship on the TA. I will take both the first time or two just in case. I became Diamond on that cruise so I did not get to use it, but I made sure I found it for this trip, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love the door being opened by card/band instead of a doorman. Although I did overhear at least nonDiamond member in Allures lounge talking about the only cruise they had ever been on. I did not say anything to the staff, but I guess they came in with their friend or roommate. Maybe they had their account linked for status I am not sure. But I realized how easy it would be for someone to come in while the door was open with another passenger.

I love the door being opened by card/band instead of a doorman. Although I did overhear at least nonDiamond member in Allures lounge talking about the only cruise they had ever been on. I did not say anything to the staff, but I guess they came in with their friend or roommate. Maybe they had their account linked for status I am not sure. But I realized how easy it would be for someone to come in while the door was open with another passenger.

Have never seen a "doorman" at any RCI diamond lounge. We frequently arrive with someone who opened the door a head of us. I have never been asked to show my card, I don't wear a pin, so either we just look like we belong or they are not that worried about it. That said, arriving in the morning you almost always need your card to get into make a cappuccino. We visit the DL every evening, and every morning. We don't stay for long typically, maybe 45 minutes prior to dinner. 5 minutes in the morning to make 2 coffees and gather Austrian Stritzel.

JC YMMV

Have never seen a "doorman" at any RCI diamond lounge. We frequently arrive with someone who opened the door a head of us. I have never been asked to show my card, I don't wear a pin, so either we just look like we belong or they are not that worried about it. That said, arriving in the morning you almost always need your card to get into make a cappuccino. We visit the DL every evening, and every morning. We don't stay for long typically, maybe 45 minutes prior to dinner. 5 minutes in the morning to make 2 coffees and gather Austrian Stritzel.

JC YMMV

I thought I saw someone checking cards on Anthems TA. But now that I think it was at the upper level of the Music Hall so it was probably something different. I am new to Diamond level. I have been on only one cruise since achieving it on the TA.

I thought I saw someone checking cards on Anthems TA. But now that I think it was at the upper level of the Music Hall so it was probably something different. I am new to Diamond level. I have been on only one cruise since achieving it on the TA.

On a TA, I can't imagine them checking since there are literally hundreds if not thousands of Diamonds on board. But I haven't done a TA as a diamond.

JC

On the Nov 27th Anthem cruise we had our Diamond credentials checked at the door by a staff member. This occurred for the first few nights only. There were about 850 of us on board so I'm sure that they cannot possibly keep track of who went in/out after they stopped the door checks. When we used the concierge lounge (as D+) we were never asked for any credentials even the first night.

On a TA, I can't imagine them checking since there are literally hundreds if not thousands of Diamonds on board. But I haven't done a TA as a diamond.

JC

On our recent TA on the Independence, the staff was waiting as soon as you got off the elevator outside the Diamond lounge. They checked to make sure everyone was Diamond, since they were using that entire floor as overflow for the lounge. And yes, there were hundreds if not thousands of Diamonds on board.

On the allure for thenfirst 3 or 4 nights there was a crew member verifying that you had access. On the last few nights there was noone. Also this was a cruise that there was only 200 d and d+ on board.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

because of the way the freedom class ships are set up you have to come in thru the elevator and the staff does ask to see your card however if the lounge is elsewhere like on anthem it is a little harder when it is really crowded and I think the do get a little lax after first couple of nights. I think that is why they are probably going to change the setup so diamond will just get the three free drinks loaded on the seapass for the outside bars and diamond lounge will be for diamond plus and pinnacle soon......just a rumor....but makes sense from a business standpoint......

because of the way the freedom class ships are set up you have to come in thru the elevator and the staff does ask to see your card however if the lounge is elsewhere like on anthem it is a little harder when it is really crowded and I think the do get a little lax after first couple of nights. I think that is why they are probably going to change the setup so diamond will just get the three free drinks loaded on the seapass for the outside bars and diamond lounge will be for diamond plus and pinnacle soon......just a rumor....but makes sense from a business standpoint......

I hope not. It is a big difference between their loyalty program and others. Alcohol pkg beats a croc visor any day. If they do change it they up the number of drinks or at least make it so you can get froo-froo drinks. I like Rum and Cokes and beers just fine, but I would prefer a Miami Vice.

Miami vice is a good one... they may change that we will see....but they are overwhelmed with diamond members...the lounges are always crowded... the concierge will be for suites only....that will be a change also and pinnacle will have to be b in the diamond lounge with d plus