Some American Express cards offering $100 of $500 NCL Cruises

Sizzlechest

Just applied for and received Amex Blue Cash Everyday card and offer was not available. After checking with online assistance it was confirmed that the offer is not always available to all members.

Crap.

I am so bummed, it isn't listed for my card. Has anyone gotten it with a gold card?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have Gold and Plat cards. I went through this 'process' with a Celebrity deal that was the same. This is a targeted offer ie. someone gets it and others don't.

I was a bit miffed at AMEX since I had these two 'premium' card for decades and never saw this offer (which I could have used since was bookings for X cruise).

I spoke to 'higher' ups and they assured me this offer would be rotated meaning I would get it in several months. Needless to say I never did (and have not seen NCL deal either).

I would also be careful of offer. There are AMEX offers that you can see and access on the web site when you look at card info. These work flawlessly and

you get an immediate message when you use them. Then there are offers that are sent to you via e mail. I signed up for one of these in Jan. (60 dollar hotel credit with 250 spend) received immediate verification of use of offer but AMEX has yet to come through after several calls. The rep knew nothing about it and it was a big runaround. If you ask me all AMEX is doing is ticking off loyal customers when they can't get offers or have trouble redeeming.

I used to be a big AMEX fan and used Plat to book cruises but they are becoming irrelevant with all of the other booking options. JMHO

Good luck.

Just saw this post today. Will have to dig through my drawer tomorrow looking for the Amex cards we don't use and figure out the log ins. The Amexs we do use don't have the offers.

Anyone seeing seeing the offer available or have they pulled it?

Thanks.

I got it on my Amex Blue Cash, Amex Blue Sky and Amex Business Platinum cards, but someone in another post said he didn't get it when he applied for the Blue Cash card. Maybe it is a limited promotion, or maybe they cancelled it because too many people were using it.

According to Amex support, the offer is solicited which means it will be offered only if Amex chooses to offer it to the card holder. We will continue to check the benefits and offers section to see if the offer shows itself.

My wife and I both were approved for cards so we might try paying a small amount toward our cruise with the new cards when they arrive, to see if they will then extend the offer to us so that we can charge the full $500.00 and receive the discount.

We still have a little hope.

Well, gave it a try.

Between my husband, myself and my parents, we have 6 separate AMEX cards ranging from the EveryDay, Optima Platinum, to the Gold AMEX. No joy on any of the accounts.

Either we are not the targeted demographics or the offer has since been pulled.

I guess I will be checking more frequently now as we have 2 cruises in 2017.

So, I am in the process of booking a cruise with another family member. My card (blue something, a cashback card) had the offer but my stepmother's card (delta) did not. She's going to call and see if the will offer it to her, anyone have any luck with calling amex?

So, I am in the process of booking a cruise with another family member. My card (blue something, a cashback card) had the offer but my stepmother's card (delta) did not. She's going to call and see if the will offer it to her, anyone have any luck with calling amex?

The offer was not added to Amex co-branded cards (Delta, Costco, etc.) so the call is unlikely to be fruitful.

The offer was not added to Amex co-branded cards (Delta, Costco, etc.) so the call is unlikely to be fruitful.

She wasn't able to get the offer by calling. Hopefully they will rotate it through to those cards later. She's annoyed, understandably, that someone who spends next to nothing on a card (me) gets the offer while someone who spends everything on the card and pays an annual fee doesn't.

My Platinum card worked OK.

Did you add the offer to your card a while ago or within the last 2 days?

Just trying to see if AMEX pulled the offer or if it is still being offered to select card holders.

Thanks.

Edited by gsc500

Yay! I made a reservation for a 2017 Alaskan cruise on March 31, and even tho the required deposit was $250.00, I told my TA I wanted to put a $500.00 deposit down. Checked my American Express account on line this morning, and the $100.00 has already been credited!!:)

I understand that if you have more than one Amex card, and, you have the cards linked on the same webpage, then, if you select the offer on one card it will disappear on the other card. Not sure how to get around this.

I understand that if you have more than one Amex card, and, you have the cards linked on the same webpage, then, if you select the offer on one card it will disappear on the other card. Not sure how to get around this.

Unlink the accounts and create separate log ons for each card.

Has anyone seen a credit on their statements yet? Used this back in late February and have yet to see the credit on my account. Sailing in August.

I had to use the chat feature with AMEX to get the credit. They said the offer was never added to my cards, but after a nice long chat, they found it. Four days later I saw the credit on both my cards :)

Has anyone seen a credit on their statements yet? Used this back in late February and have yet to see the credit on my account. Sailing in August.

Did you select the offer and link it to your card before using it? From personal experience and what others have said, the credit shows up immediately.

If you did not select the offer to your account, you do not get the credit. It is a "sign up to receive perk" type of deal.