Luggage question for a last minute guarantee room?

M. St. Louis

Hi all. A couple of days ago, we booked our first ever HAL cruise and it sails in 5 days, this Sunday. We chose a Guarantee room at the time. HAL very quickly issued our E-Docs, but no room is assigned, and our luggage tags have a blank room.

What is the proper procedure at the port with no room assigned?

Normally, we'd hand our luggage over first to the porters, then go inside the terminal and complete the embarkation, but with no room, handing over the luggage seems wrong.

Hi all. A couple of days ago, we booked our first ever HAL cruise and it sails in 5 days, this Sunday. We chose a Guarantee room at the time. HAL very quickly issued our E-Docs, but no room is assigned, and our luggage tags have a blank room.

What is the proper procedure at the port with no room assigned?

Normally, we'd hand our luggage over first to the porters, then go inside the terminal and complete the embarkation, but with no room, handing over the luggage seems wrong.

You could also wait until later in the week to print your tags as a room may be assigned, if not do as others have said and print them blank. To us it is rare to not get an assigned room until checkin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you drop your luggage off they will be able to look up your cabin number on the manifest that they have a copy of.

Ah, I was thinking a room wouldn't be assigned until we actually showed up at the desk with a credit card etc, but that makes sense.

Thanks everyone. Really looking forward to our first HAL cruise.

Ah, I was thinking a room wouldn't be assigned until we actually showed up at the desk with a credit card etc, but that makes sense.

Thanks everyone. Really looking forward to our first HAL cruise.

Don't need a credit card at checkin, should have been asked for that when you checked in online. All charges onboard will go against that card unless you choose to pay cash at the end of the cruise.

Keep checking this week as most likely a room will be assigned.

Good luck and happy cruising with HAL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have done a few last minute cruises. As others have said, they will have a passenger manifest at the pier when you check your luggage. Luggage tags are available and it will take seconds to complete with cabin # and your name.

Just a reminder, if you haven't completed your online check-in, do so immediately! You will be locked out as of three days prior to sailing and then will need to complete the form when you check-in at the pier. If for some reason you cannot get into this part of your account (prior to it being locked), contact HAL and they will give you access.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by adrift@sea

Yes, we've done the online check in already. Still no room assigned, but I'll keep checking. I'm not worried, now that I know the luggage procedure.

As for flights, we didn't want to book a flight and not have a room, or book the cruise and not have a flight, so one of us was booking the flight while the other was doing the cruise. So once the cruise went through successfully, we booked the flight seconds later.

Got our room just now (happy dance).

Had booked an HH fully obscured Oceanview, ended up in a D 'actual' Oceanview. So, we're happy, got it for the price of an Inside.

Small aside, is there anywhere that actual lists all the differences in the room codes? There are D, DA, DD, all with supposedly the same floor plan and size, but there's clearly some difference that makes them assign different codes.