Parking in MIA

nicole2380

We are leaving in 32 days for our cruise out of Miami. I am having a hard time finding a place that is still in business to park our car for the week. Do you know of any parking places?

Sidenote: We really do not want to park at the port but we will if we have too.

Thank you guys for your help

I highly recommend parking at the Port Of Miami. I would not trust parking my car at any of the off site lots. Check out the Florida Departures Board and you will see similar thoughts by many of the locals who live in or near Miami.

Keith

I've parked at "Safe Cruise Parking" in Miami three times, with no problems. It's about 1/2 the price of "at the port" parking, and is close to the port. The shuttles are O.K., with no extended wait both coming, and going. For the savings, I've found them to be well worth the minor inconvenience.

"SKY"

I always park at the port in Miami. It may cost more, but it is worth it to me. I have heard stories about cars being broken at some of the off site cruise and airport parking in Miami. Of course that could happen at the port too, but the port seems safer to me. I also like the convenience of walking off the ship and having my car right there. I hate having to wait for a shuttle with all my luggage.

Thank you all for getting back to me so fast to my post.

I will check out safe parking. Thank you for the tip

I totally understand why you guys would pick the port parking from the stories I have been reading this morning about the break ins on off site parking.

Some time ago we used Premier Secure Garage Parking on NE 2nd Ave was convenient, located in a relatively decent area in the upper floors of a secure garage, with acceptable shuttles and shuttle service, not far from the port, for a lot less than the Port parking.

Having said that, next time I'd strongly consider the port parking for the convenience and not having to wait for and stuff into a crowded van.

Ken

Edited by Ken076

For 32 days I would park at the airport Mariott or Crowne Plaza parking ($5.95 day) and take a taxi to the port ($20) ... I have used the Crowne Plaza parking and it is safe.

She's leaving in 32 days, not taking a 32 day trip.

Edited by gtalum

For 32 days I would park at the airport Mariott or Crowne Plaza parking ($5.95 day) and take a taxi to the port ($20) ... I have used the Crowne Plaza parking and it is safe.

That sounds good, do you have stay at the Plaza to be able to park there?

We use this same lot. Check them out.

Some time ago we used Premier Secure Garage Parking on NE 2nd Ave was convenient, located in a relatively decent area in the upper floors of a secure garage, with acceptable shuttles and shuttle service, not far from the port, for a lot less than the Port parking.

Having said that, next time I'd strongly consider the port parking for the convenience and not having to wait for and stuff into a crowded van.

Ken

I highly recommend parking at the Port Of Miami. I would not trust parking my car at any of the off site lots. Check out the Florida Departures Board and you will see similar thoughts by many of the locals who live in or near Miami.

Keith

Agreed! We have parked twice at the port and found it very easy. No waiting for shuttles and didn't have to worry about our car being there or damaged.

I've parked at "Safe Cruise Parking" in Miami three times, with no problems. It's about 1/2 the price of "at the port" parking, and is close to the port. The shuttles are O.K., with no extended wait both coming, and going. For the savings, I've found them to be well worth the minor inconvenience.

"SKY"

We have parked with them twice, no problems, easy shuttle to and from.

Have a great cruise!

That sounds good, do you have stay at the Plaza to be able to park there?

No you do not have to stay at the Crowne Plaza to park there. You can book it through airportparkingreservations . com without the spaces.

Also, another option is to spend the night at the Holiday Inn Express in Doral and they have free parking while you cruise. We did that before with no problems. Check out stay123. com without the spaces.

Thank you so much for all the feedback.

My family and I had a long talk about this last night. We are going to park at the port basic off all the feed back that we were given.

I think that's a wise decision for peace of mind. I did hours of research because I didn't want to park at the port in Miami. We have used off-site parking in other cities. But, after reading many reviews, there were no off-site places in Miami that I felt totally comfortable with.

Just used the 2nd St. parking garage in Miami for our 2/13/2016 Escape cruise and have used them 6 times. Usually no more than a 5 minute wait for the shuttle. This time, one of their vans was having issues and so our wait for a shuttle was about 45 minutes at 11:15 am.(Down to 2 vans rather than 3 and peak time). On the return, I find that if you are one of the first off the ship the shuttle is usually very quick.

My family and I had a long talk about this last night. We are going to park at the port basic off all the feed back that we were given.

Excellent decision. I have read many horror stories here from those who did not heed this advice. ;)

Enjoy your cruise!

What is the address of parking at the Port of Miami ? Is it the 150 NE 7th Street address ?? We plan on driving and parking at the port later this year. Is this parking garage right by the ships ? More interested in safety and convenience than cost.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thank you all for getting back to me so fast to my post.

I will check out safe parking. Thank you for the tip

I totally understand why you guys would pick the port parking from the stories I have been reading this morning about the break ins on off site parking.

I also use Safe Cruise Parking. Never any troubles or excessive waits for shuttles.

NO!!! Dear God their parking site is in Overtown one of the worst neighborhoods in America for crime.

Google Overtown and murder and see what comes up.

I cannot figure why people would put their families in jeopardy to save a couple of dollars.

What is the address of parking at the Port of Miami ? Is it the 150 NE 7th Street address ?? We plan on driving and parking at the port later this year. Is this parking garage right by the ships ? More interested in safety and convenience than cost.

Thanks in advance for any help.

According to the official Port of Miami website (http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-transportation.asp):

PortMiami is located at 1015 North America Way, Miami, Florida, 33132. Once on-port follow signs to your destination (Port Offices, Cruise Terminals, Cargo Yard, etc.).

Parking is conveniently available at all cruise terminals. Designated disabled permit parking spaces are available in each garage. Spaces are also available for oversized vehicles (oversized vans, recreational vehicles and vehicles with trailers) at special rates. All facilities are patrolled by security. Oversized vehicles may only park in Lot #2, across from Cruise Terminal E.

• 9 months later...
I also use Safe Cruise Parking. Never any troubles or excessive waits for shuttles.

I use them too last week.

I save 50% so I am not complaining much.

The place is surrounded by high walls.

You do have to leave your car key with them.

When go back to POM, I will use them again.