Help. Should i cancel my anthem cruise

If you've ever cruised before, please understand this ship is very different. The dining is different, the shows are different, even the show schedules are different. Some people don't like change. We will be on her Monday and can't wait! We loved Quantum last April and know we will have a great time on Anthem.

Go with your gut. Cancel. A cruise is something to be excited about. It's too much money spent not to be looking forward to it with anticipation. Find something else that doesn't make you wonder if you've done the right thing.

Having done 18 nights on Quantum we are looking forward to boarding Anthem. We will be on her the entire month of April and can't wait and we are older than you are.:)

Base your judgement on what you have actually experienced and not what you have read.

Just remember that a cruise is what "you" make it. I would not cancel.

Thank you for the feedback. My friend and I are going on the cruise.

If you've ever cruised before, please understand this ship is very different. The dining is different, the shows are different, even the show schedules are different. Some people don't like change. We will be on her Monday and can't wait! We loved Quantum last April and know we will have a great time on Anthem.

Thanks. Yes I know and I am not your typical cruiser. I always eat in different restaurants and never do the early or late seating. I have made all my dinner and show reservations already. My concern is not really about what happened on the ship on the last few sailings is more about the negative reviews the ship has deceived since its first voyage. However, I'm going to take s chance and stay and hope for the best.

All these Anthem complaints and "should I cancel" threads and I'm just over here like please move her to FL with Capt Claus as Captain and make her a little less expensive to sail on :rolleyes::D:o Please?

Is that too much to ask????? :). Yeah, NOT gonna happen I know

All these Anthem complaints and "should I cancel" threads and I'm just over here like please move her to FL with Capt Claus as Captain and make her a little less expensive to sail on...

You sound like me, except I would like her to be more than a little less expensive.:D

We spent two weeks on her last Sep. Having been on Indy and Adventure we much preferred Anthem. A much better layout that spreads people out. Great shows, loved Dinamic Dining and swapped times and venues easily when onboard. Loads to do but I agree the staff were not the happiest in general. Oh and the cabins were great, really well designed.

We would go back again without hesitation.

Noro is NOT a "cruise ship thing". It's a "cruise ships must report at a much lower threshold thing".

Norovirus Sickens More Than 200 at Ursinus College in Pennsylvania

I'm so happy you posted this response! I'm from near Collegeville and Ursinus is a couple of miles away. I think we are near neighbors to you. Everybody needs to know just how common Norovirus outbreaks happen (everywhere). You never hear about the outbreaks at hotels, colleges, office buildings, etc. Restaurants (salad bars!) are a common source. Cruise ships take more precaution and efforts at cleaning and hygiene than any of these industries. I have worked my whole career in the Pharma industry and we tried to develop a Noro vaccine but had no success ( to date). We will keep trying.

Thanks!

Final payment due Friday. Worried after all that went on these last 2 months. Should I cancel. I was a relaxing trip not a nightmare.

Please help.

Go. Have a great time. Relax.

Here is a link to your other thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2323633

If you all want to cancel, then cancel, I wouldn't but no sense in going if you all don't want to.

I was curious also as to why this person posted the same issue TWICE??? Trying to stir the pot??? The responses to both are similar...:eek:

Guys also sailed on Quantum last April and loved it! Will be sailing with you folks on Monday! Hope you have a great cruise....K.O....:)

Final payment on my June saying on the Anthem of the Seas is due on Friday. I am torn between going and canceling. All of the negative reviews the recent events are leaning me towards canceling. We are both 60 and traveling with other friends who also feel the same way. We have booked our dinner and show times already. A vacation is supposed to be relaxing and I really don't want to be spend my day at guest relations trying to fix things.

Can someone please offer some advice.

About a month ago I had the same feelings about our upcoming 4/8 cruise.

We decided to keep it and see for ourselves if we will like it or not.

We are going with a positive attitude, even I had numbers of issues, dealing with RC website, loosing my reservations, etc.

I am optimistic that we will have a good cruise. And if not -lesson learned.

no we just came off this cruise on wed. Had a fab time....loved it.....we didn't make reservations and showed up...no problem....right at 7pm. the staff is great, entertainment awesome, and food mixed reviews....we loved wonderland, Silk and the grande..... we did everything and had so much fun!! Virtual balconies are awesome...remember to turn sound off at night or you hear waves..... I was skeptical at first after reading reviews, but I must say we enjoyed ourselves and spent way to much at the bar!!! try everything and have fun!!

I did respond earlier on your other thread but after reading responses here and there I think it is best for you to cancel. It doesn't seem like you will be able to go with an open mind so instead will be looking for issues at every turn. Please for the rest of us who will go and enjoy the ship cancel before it is too late.

Sorry if that is harsh but . . .

It's not too harsh it's rude. But your are obviously one of those nasty people who come on here to criticize instead of help. You are also probably one of those people who go on a cruise and complain about everything. But since the majority of please who posted here have been nice and helpful and not like you we have decided to go. Hopefully we won't be running into you on our sailing.

It's not too harsh it's rude. But your are obviously one of those nasty people who come on here to criticize instead of help. You are also probably one of those people who go on a cruise and complain about everything. But since the majority of please who posted here have been nice and helpful and not like you we have decided to go. Hopefully we won't be running into you on our sailing.

Well said OP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk