Help. Should i cancel my anthem cruise

Final payment on my June saying on the Anthem of the Seas is due on Friday. I am torn between going and canceling. All of the negative reviews the recent events are leaning me towards canceling. We are both 60 and traveling with other friends who also feel the same way. We have booked our dinner and show times already. A vacation is supposed to be relaxing and I really don't want to be spend my day at guest relations trying to fix things.

Can someone please offer some advice.

Final payment due Friday. Worried after all that went on these last 2 months. Should I cancel. I was a relaxing trip not a nightmare.

Please help.

No. Go enjoy.....there's nothing to worry about. I'd be happy to go in your place! :D

Final payment due Friday. Worried after all that went on these last 2 months. Should I cancel. I was a relaxing trip not a nightmare.

Please help.

I wouldn't cancel. Everything will be fine especially by the time you cruise.

If you are going to board the ship and look for all the the things that are potentially not 100% then yes cancel.

If, however, you have an open mind and want to go and enjoy and not nit pick the whole time don't cancel.

There seem to be quite a few poeple sailing on this ship that all they want to do is complain and point out the problems. I am sailing on Anthem this summer and expect to have a wonderful cruise, no thoughts at all about cancelling. I am just hoping those who are only looking for the faults are not on my sailing. Don't want to be hearing moaning the whole time.

We really enjoyed all the activities and dancing opportunities on the anthem, 1/26/16 sail date. However food and dining room service was poor, I am sure that rcl has worked on that. The ship is brand new, beautiful and filled with many wonderful activities. The solarium bistro, is free and quite good if you find other areas lacking. Even in spite of not great food we loved the ship, it's crew, the fellow passengers, dance bands and dance opportunities, I would highly recommend going with a positive attitude. Book activities and meals in advance, arrive early to port, parking garage right next door, enjoy!

I wouldn't cancel either...

I have been reading more about Anthem since we booked Feb. 2nd...I was afraid my family would want to cancel since all the news around Anthem, but they are still excited to go.

Sure there are some negative reviews but the positive reviews I have read far outweigh the negative.

The Dynamic Dining is new and different, some love it some hate it. Some like change, some don't... I am looking forward to my time on Anthem.

If you go in with the attitude that you will spend your time at guest services to fix things, you might want to cancel. It seems that you are already ready to not like it, and will find that everything is wrong with it.

We are booked next January and really looking forward to it.

As someone booked on the Anthem later, I have no plans to cancel my cruise.

So no, I would not recommend you cancel it.

Now with that being said, a cruise is what you make of it. If you spend the time LOOKING for issues, I'm sure you'll find some things. If you go in expecting to have a good time, that's more than likely what will happen.

Cruise ships sail literally year round. Anthem had a couple of turn backs, but that's certainly not anything to say it's going to be the "standard" for the ship.

Remember.... it COSTS RCL lots of money for these types of events. Lost money from refunds, lost money for future cruise credits, the cost of operating the ship itself (fuel, people salaries, food, other materials), not to mention the cost of the ship itself. So they're going to do their part to keep people safe and having fun.

Sounds like you are looking for an excuse not to go.

If you can go with an open mind and a great attitude, then go.

If you are going in all negative and worried, you'll have a terrible time, so save yourself some money and cancel.

Me? May 5 is going to be a great day. Perfect weather for the Caribbean, great ports, a much needed break.

Final payment on my June saying on the Anthem of the Seas is due on Friday. I am torn between going and canceling. All of the negative reviews the recent events are leaning me towards canceling. We are both 60 and traveling with other friends who also feel the same way. We have booked our dinner and show times already. A vacation is supposed to be relaxing and I really don't want to be spend my day at guest relations trying to fix things.

Can someone please offer some advice.

We are on the June 30 cruise and cant wait. Many have cancelled as there are more open cabins now then a month ago.

More food and smaller lines for me!!!!!

A cruise as with any vacation is what you make of it... if you go with the idea that the ship will be bad... then guess what, it will be bad.

Attitude is half of the experience, patience is the other half.

Go and enjoy and make it the best cruise of your life!

Having done 18 nights on Quantum we are looking forward to boarding Anthem. We will be on her the entire month of April and can't wait and we are older than you are.:)

Base your judgement on what you have actually experienced and not what you have read.

Just remember that a cruise is what "you" make it. I would not cancel.

Edited by cruisenfever

Looks like you've made up your mind (seriously, TWO identical threads), so cancel and stay home. You've obviously made up your mind that you will be miserable. I'd be happy to take your place.