Some Divinia yacht club questions...

amscene1

1. Is bottles of water free in and around the club?

2. How crowded does the pools and or hot tub get during the day? During the night?

3. What is the age group in the club? DW and I are in our early 30s, will we look out of place?

4. Is there a sauna or steam room to use anywhere and if so, is it complimentary?

5. Can anyone comment on the snacks by the one pool and in the lounge, are we talking delicious treats or tasteless ****tys? And is there ice cream or desserts available ?

6. Can anyone comment on differences between Ncl Haven courtyard villas (h5) and the yc1 yacht club suite.

7. Does anyone know is the suites on the end have a slightly larger balcony?

1. Is bottles of water free in and around the club?

2. How crowded does the pools and or hot tub get during the day? During the night?

3. What is the age group in the club? DW and I are in our early 30s, will we look out of place?

4. Is there a sauna or steam room to use anywhere and if so, is it complimentary?

5. Can anyone comment on the snacks by the one pool and in the lounge, are we talking delicious treats or tasteless ****tys? And is there ice cream or desserts available ?

6. Can anyone comment on differences between Ncl Haven courtyard villas (h5) and the yc1 yacht club suite.

7. Does anyone know is the suites on the end have a slightly larger balcony?

1. Yes, bottles of water are free and available in your cabin mini fridge and in the lounge.

2. Never ever ever a crowd. Remember the entire front of the ship, a pool, two hot tubs, Top Sail lounge which is HUGE, and the pool bar are all reserved for YC guests which usually number under 100 folks.

3. Age group is all over...I've seen young couples, middle aged couples...elderly couples. In my 6 cruises on the Divina in YC, each time has been the same...a good mix of ages.

4. Sauna and steam room are in the spa directly below YC. You have a private elevator that will take you there. There is a fee.

5. There are more than just snacks at the pool and Top Sail...you can easily make a meal. Limited buffet breakfast by the pool (eggs, bacon, sausage, fruits, many types of breads, yogurts, fish). Lunch is cold cuts, fruits, a hot pasta, and breads. Continental breakfast is served in Top Sail (cereals, best coffee at sea, pastries). Lunch in Top Sail consists of many different types of sandwiches, nuts, fruits, desserts. Ice cream and desserts available all the time...just ask your butler.

6. Yacht club suites are somewhat smaller than the Haven but other than that, Yacht Club wins hand's down.

7 There are 4 'square' cabins on deck 15 and 4 on deck 16. The rooms are larger and the balconies are larger. However, they go very fast and you have to have 3 people to book it. Since we are a family of 3 and we book at least a year or more ahead of time, we've been lucky enough to get one every time.

Hope this helps! feel free to ask more questions any time!

Wow, I did not expect those great answers so quickly, I sail for Bermuda April 9th 2016 and can not wait, I've sailed Ncl escape haven last and and felt it could be improved. Already, I feel like the yacht club is just what I am looking for.

I particularly felt the haven hot tubs and outdoor area was cramped and I missed the vibe. So I think this is where yc will shine.

I second that thank you for the quick replies. We sailed the haven on NCL escape earlier this month.

We just turned 40 (yes we still consider ourselves young ;)) so its comforting to hear that you will see all ages in the yacht club. We also have 3 young boys..so its nice to hear that there are kids around.

Even though the pool area has breakfast you can ask for waffles, pancakes and omelettes. They will get that for you. I really wanted hard boiled eggs one morning and they got 2 for me... they will also make your espresso there. I'd get a a few shots of espresso, milk and ice for a morning latte. It's nice up there for breakfast - gorgeous view, great service and its a covered area.

You guys are awesome. I was ready to ask some of the same questions and poof the answers are here and just what I wanted to hear.

We too are looking to try MSC. The YC sounds wonderful and the prices cant be beat. We will be Platinum at the end of our Escape cruise in October so I think after that I will call and see what MSC can do with their loyalty program and go from there.

Just wanted to say thank you to all of those who are answering the questions

Hard to immagine hot dogs in a blanket served in an Italian restaurant!

I know, just a dream I suppose. Last time I found them on a ship it was on Disney in the snack section of the adults only section.

You guys are awesome. I was ready to ask some of the same questions and poof the answers are here and just what I wanted to hear.

We too are looking to try MSC. The YC sounds wonderful and the prices cant be beat. We will be Platinum at the end of our Escape cruise in October so I think after that I will call and see what MSC can do with their loyalty program and go from there.

Just wanted to say thank you to all of those who are answering the questions

You get treated like a king in YC, I don't think it would matter if you had a black card. A black card is nice if your sailing in a balcony but in YC you get all the Benifits you would ever need.

You get treated like a king in YC, I don't think it would matter if you had a black card. A black card is nice if your sailing in a balcony but in YC you get all the Benifits you would ever need.

Great to know. Hubby can't stay off the site now trying to figure out which cruise and when so knowing that may mean he will book now.

Oh cruising is such an addiction [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I know, just a dream I suppose. Last time I found them on a ship it was on Disney in the snack section of the adults only section.

You might find them in the Lido buffet area just for kids. I haven't had the need to check out what is offered for the kiddies in that area. :)

It looks like the pool for yacht club is outdoors? is there an indoor pool also? It was really nice on those cold rainy days to have an indoor pool option on the Haven.

There isn't an inside pool just for YC but there is one on deck 14 just out the doors of deck 15 along with hot tubs.

Has anyone done a Meet & Greet type of event on MSC? My roll call was asking about that and we'd like to arrange one and wondered if anyone knew how. We will be on Divina on March 12 and I'm in the yacht club so if I could contact the concierge, I suppose I could do it but don't know how or is there someone else I should contact?

gingersnaps, there IS an indoor spa pool for the whole ship with a retractable roof. It is supposed to be adults only but that is NOT necessarily enforced apparently. I noticed your question about having the larger suite on a non-YC floor - I don't think that's a big deal at all. Space is more important when you are a family of 5. I've stayed in on of the Owner's Suite on NCL's Jade - which are not in the Haven and we just went to Cagneys for breakfast and lunch as usual and went to The Haven to use the hot tub or go up on the sundeck whenever we wanted, although, the owner's suite was so nice, we really didn't have that much reason to leave it. Besides, on this ship, the pool is on the top deck - not like you could look out the door of your suite if you were in the YC and see your kids. I'm sure you and your husband won't be letting them swim alone, so you would have to go up there anyway. From what I've read, if you need anything, you can send the butler to get it for you- even to go shopping if your forgot sunscreen or something.

Gambee did a detailed review of MSC Divina and showed pretty much everything on the buffet including the kids section - no dogs in a blanket, but lots of beef hot dogs and surprisingly popcorn shrimp. He was not in the YC, but went everywhere else on the ship so you really get a good overview of everything. The grand staircase is Swarovski crystals with lighting to make them sparkle - they cost $3,300 per step and there are 100 stairs, so the staircase is worth $330,000. Apparently it is stunning. Here's the link to Gambee's review.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/msc-divina-review/

BTW, after final payment, MSC releases those larger suites if available to parties of less than 3 - I was able to get one last week for our upcoming cruise.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

Quote - Has anyone done a Meet & Greet type of event on MSC? My roll call was asking about that and we'd like to arrange one and wondered if anyone knew how. We will be on Divina on March 12 and I'm in the yacht club so if I could contact the concierge, I suppose I could do it but don't know how or is there someone else I should contact?

It would be best to contact the concierege in the YC. Someone set up one on one of my earlier cruises on Divina but I don't recall how they did it. Also, Divina will host one on a sea day and it will be listed as "Cruise Critic Meet & Greet" in the daily program. They have a staff member that will host in the assigned location.

We were able to get one of the larger cabins just today for the 12th sailing. We will be on deck 16. How about you, SuiteTraveler?

We're on 15 but yes, the larger ones on 16 were available when I chose our larger one on 15.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

No we would never let our children swim unattended.....however it was nice to be so close to our room and within the Haven that we felt comfortable letting our children go back to the room from the pool area for something they may have forgotten or wanted. We have 3 boys ages 8, 8, and 6...sometimes one of them would be done and just wanted to go back to the room to change and dry off. On NCL in the haven we would let them go back to the room on their own as our room was right by the pool. We also felt comfortable letting them go back to the room from the restaurant as it too was in the Haven. A lot of times they would get done before us and we would send them back to the room and enjoy the rest of our dinner alone. I would not feel comfortable letting them go down to deck 12 on their own.

I thought I booked a cabin near the pool on divina we have 16025 booked and on seaside we have 18022 booked. I'm told seaside will not have a yc 2 category...is that right? It wouldn't matter for divina...because YC 2 and YC 3 are not available...but i will keep checking.

Quote - Has anyone done a Meet & Greet type of event on MSC? My roll call was asking about that and we'd like to arrange one and wondered if anyone knew how. We will be on Divina on March 12 and I'm in the yacht club so if I could contact the concierge, I suppose I could do it but don't know how or is there someone else I should contact?

It would be best to contact the concierege in the YC. Someone set up one on one of my earlier cruises on Divina but I don't recall how they did it. Also, Divina will host one on a sea day and it will be listed as "Cruise Critic Meet & Greet" in the daily program. They have a staff member that will host in the assigned location.

Cruise director is the contact. Usually they have it set for the day after sail away. All of mine were about 3pm and in the Silver lounge. It was in the daily paper.

Our roll call was lucky enough to have volunteers to make a list and organize it with information about each person and room numbers to give to MSC.

BTW I have seen several roll calls where they try to organize cabin crawls. People get excited because they think they might get to see or hang out in the YC. It's not allowed and won't happen. Don't make the mistake of inviting non-YC guest to that area.

No we would never let our children swim unattended.....however it was nice to be so close to our room and within the Haven that we felt comfortable letting our children go back to the room from the pool area for something they may have forgotten or wanted. We have 3 boys ages 8, 8, and 6...sometimes one of them would be done and just wanted to go back to the room to change and dry off. On NCL in the haven we would let them go back to the room on their own as our room was right by the pool. We also felt comfortable letting them go back to the room from the restaurant as it too was in the Haven. A lot of times they would get done before us and we would send them back to the room and enjoy the rest of our dinner alone. I would not feel comfortable letting them go down to deck 12 on their own.

I thought I booked a cabin near the pool on divina we have 16025 booked and on seaside we have 18022 booked. I'm told seaside will not have a yc 2 category...is that right? It wouldn't matter for divina...because YC 2 and YC 3 are not available...but i will keep checking.

Sounds to me like you've got the situation well handled.

Here is the information about cabins on the Seaside:

http://www.cruiseshipdeckplan.com/msc-seaside/

Here are some photos from the Yacht Club onboard the sistership of MSC Divina, the MSC Preziosa. The ships are similar, just different decors and a larger waterpark/waterslide on the MSC Preziosa. The MSC Yacht Club is great, we keep coming back and back:) Have a look in my photothread here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973929

Enjoy :)

Edited by Norwegian Cruiser 73