Soda and More package?

RhondaC

Does anyone know for sure if Red Bull is included in the Soda and More package?

If not, since virgin drinks are included, could one possibly order a virgin Vodka and Red Bull? ;)

Thanks!

Not every soda comes from the fountain tap. With the "Sodas and More" package; Coke, Diet, Tonic, Sprite, and usually orange and grape will only come from a fountain. Root beer, cream soda and others are poured into a glass from a can. You can not have the can but your drink may come from a can depending on the flavor of soda you choose. If you want the whole can so you can drink from the can you will need the AIDP.

Not every soda comes from the fountain tap. With the "Sodas and More" package; Coke, Diet, Tonic, Sprite, and usually orange and grape will only come from a fountain. Root beer, cream soda and others are poured into a glass from a can. You can not have the can but your drink may come from a can depending on the flavor of soda you choose. If you want the whole can so you can drink from the can you will need the AIDP.

Ok. What is AIDP? Just figuring out most of the abbreviations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. What is AIDP? Just figuring out most of the abbreviations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe meant AIBP..All Inclusive Beverage Promotion or could be All Inclusive Drinks Package...same thing

Edited by Coveguy4
add on

What Pam states in what my son encountered on the Crown in November.

But per Princess web site energy drinks are included.

Sodas, Mocktails & More

Looking for something fruity and oh so refreshing? Quench your thirst with one of our alcohol-free mocktails, like a Sunshine Daiquiri, Fruity Rita or a No-jito. You’ll also find a wide selection of popular soft drinks from Coke and Sprite, to root beer, energy drinks and more. Try our Unlimited Soda & More drink package which includes fountain drinks, fruity mocktails, juices and creamy hot chocolate!

(http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/)

The entire reason my son purchased the soda and more package was because he is used to having 1 or more energy drinks per day. I think someone should make some changes.

...But per Princess web site energy drinks are included.

Sodas, Mocktails & More

Looking for something fruity and oh so refreshing? Quench your thirst with one of our alcohol-free mocktails, like a Sunshine Daiquiri, Fruity Rita or a No-jito. You’ll also find a wide selection of popular soft drinks from Coke and Sprite, to root beer, energy drinks and more. Try our Unlimited Soda & More drink package which includes fountain drinks, fruity mocktails, juices and creamy hot chocolate!

(http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/)

The entire reason my son purchased the soda and more package was because he is used to having 1 or more energy drinks per day. I think someone should make some changes.

Following the link you posted, the description does not mention energy drinks. Maybe it has changed. Edited by IECalCruiser

Following the link you posted, the description does not mention energy drinks. Maybe it has changed.

You are right. The energy drink was not actually mentioned on the specific coverage of "Unlimited Soda & More Package," under "BEVERAGE PACKAGE OPTIONS".

But what was quoted on the post with the word energy drink was how the "Sodas, Mocktails & More" was described as one of the "SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE" promo.

I guess that's where the confusion is.

Following the link you posted, the description does not mention energy drinks. Maybe it has changed.

Shows the description with energy drinks when I pull the Princess website up directly--see third bullet below.

• Current description from the Cruise Personalizer (viewable if you have a future cruise booked):

Unlimited Soda & More Package $8.05 per person, per day
    Indulge in this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package that includes the Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, and hot chocolate throughout your cruise.

• Current description from the Gifts and Services order form (under 'Beverage Packages and Cellars'):

Unlimited Soda & More Package
    Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Item #2312 $8.05
    per person/per day*

• Current description on the Food and Dining page of princess.com (under 'Something for Everyone'):

SODAS, MOCKTAILS & MORE

Charges apply.

Guess you better take a screen shot of that 'Something for Everyone' section to show the bartenders on board. Until late last year there were references to both milkshakes and soda flavors available only in cans (root beer and orange) in the other two areas as well; looks like the IT department yet again resurrected some old language when updating the Food and Dining page.

Edited by fishywood

Unfortunately, it appears that you need to read the section carefully.

The first part of the section describes the various drinks available:

"Looking for something fruity and oh so refreshing? Quench your thirst with one of our alcohol free mocktails like a Sunshine Daiquiri, Fruity Rita or a No-jito. You'll also find a wide selection of popular soft drinks from Coke and Sprite, to root beer, energy drinks and more."

While the second part of the section describes the drinks available with the package:

"Try our Unlimited Soda & More drink package which includes fountain drinks, fruity mocktails, juices and creamy hot chocolate!"

That description is essentially the same as the description of the Unlimited Soda & More right below on the same page:

"Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complementary hot chocolate throughotu yout cruise."

These is no mention of energy drinks being included with the Unlimited Soda & More Package in either description. Energy drinks are included with the All-Inclusive Beverage Package but that isn't much help for a teenager.

Edited by IECalCruiser

Unfortunately, it appears that you need to read the section carefully.

The first part of the section describes the various drinks available:

"Looking for something fruity and oh so refreshing? Quench your thirst with one of our alcohol free mocktails like a Sunshine Daiquiri, Fruity Rita or a No-jito. You'll also find a wide selection of popular soft drinks from Coke and Sprite, to root beer, energy drinks and more."

While the second part of the section describes the drinks available with the package:

"Try our Unlimited Soda & More drink package which includes fountain drinks, fruity mocktails, juices and creamy hot chocolate!"

That description is essentially the same as the description of the Unlimited Soda & More right below on the same page:

"Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complementary hot chocolate throughotu yout cruise."

These is no mention of energy drinks being included with the Unlimited Soda & More Package in either description. Energy drinks are included with the All-Inclusive Beverage Package but that isn't much help for a teenager.

IECalcruiser, You seem to be correct, but as I was not the only one confused here (and we are only a small sampling of cruisers here on CC) I would say it would be to Princess' benefit to clear the wording on that particular page just a bit.

PS, my son that I mentioned previously is not a minor, but does not drink alcohol, so the all inclusive program would be of no use to him. He did survive on his cruise without his energy drinks.

Thanks for clearing it up for me and others who might think they will be getting energy drinks, and are entitled.

Yes it is not so much that one has to read the section carefully but Princess needs to rewrite it much more so.

The "section" in question is but a single paragraph [not broken into separate clauses as the author of post #16 did] that does include sports drinks in the first sentence, then transitions to a sales pitch for the Soda and More package in the final sentence with a separate list of items. Leaving the reader to attempt to deduce whether or not items listed in the first sentence are or aren't also included in the Soda and More.

At best this is sloppy, sloppy work on the part of the IT department. At worst it is a cheap ploy devised by a marketing intern: intentionally confusing the customer as a strategy for further inquiry.

Edited by fishywood

Yes it is not so much that one has to read the section carefully but Princess needs to rewrite it much more so.

The "section" in question is but a single paragraph [not broken into separate clauses as the author of post #16 did] that does include sports drinks in the first sentence, then transitions to a sales pitch for the Soda and More package in the final sentence with a separate list of items. Leaving the reader to attempt to deduce whether or not items listed in the first sentence are or aren't also included in the Soda and More.

At best this is sloppy, sloppy work on the part of the IT department. At worst it is a cheap ploy devised by a marketing intern: intentionally confusing the customer as a strategy for further inquiry.

Don't be so quick to blame the IT department as the text probably came from the Marketing department.

Don't be so quick to blame the IT department as the text probably came from the Marketing department.

It needs a team effort to get it right.

Another problem is that a lot if these people have never booked cruise and all the extras that go with it.

Guess you better take a screen shot of that 'Something for Everyone' section to show the bartenders on board. Until late last year there were references to both milkshakes and soda flavors available only in cans (root beer and orange) in the other two areas as well; looks like the IT department yet again resurrected some old language when updating the Food and Dining page.

Maybe take a screen shot of this, too:

"DISCLAIMER. Princess has compiled the information on this site for the use of passengers, prospective passengers, and their travel professionals. However, all information is subject to change without notice and is without warranty. "

http://www.princess.com/legal/legal_information/

Probably a silly question......do we need to get visas for any of the ports we are visiting? I'm Australian and have never cruised before [emoji15]

It is not a silly question. I just wouldn't ask it here. Ask your TA or call Royal Caribbean (or check the Australian RCCL website) if you don't have the proper documentation, you will be denied boarding. That's one question I wouldn't rely on answers from CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app