Help me Decide...which would you choose?

For me it will always be the BALCONY. I guess it depends on what type of cruiser you are. A book on the balcony and I'm all set to enjoy my cruise. Besides where would I take my naps if I had no balcony?

Whatever you decide enjoy!

Personally I would go for the balcony as well, however I would ask are they type of person to use one if you have it? Or are you out and about on the ship most of the time so will not take advantage. The other question is do you want waterslides? Harmony will have those while Allure will not.

Hmm thanks for the feedback. I'm drawn to the water slides because our kids are 10 and 8 and I think the slides will also make the pools less congested...but I do love a balcony .

I'm horrible at decisions :)

Oh, I think there will be plenty to keep the kids (yours and everyone else's) plenty busy on either ship. DH and I are big kids, and we had no issues staying busy. Are you all four in the same room? Balcony for sure if so!

Another vote for Balcony. Very easy decision for us.

But it depends on itinerary too. How many days of "Scenic Cruising?"

We did Alaska in an inside stateroom, and DH said "never again."

Edited by knittinggirl

Hmm thanks for the feedback. I'm drawn to the water slides because our kids are 10 and 8 and I think the slides will also make the pools less congested...but I do love a balcony .

I'm horrible at decisions :)

I'd automatically say balcony, but it depends on whether you think the waterslides are worth losing that balcony. For me, it wouldn't be worth it, and Allure is a great ship.

And Promenade rooms aren't terrible. Maybe a neighborhood balcony on Harmony? But I think those will probably be expensive too.

We have 2 rooms ...1 adult and 2 kids in each room.

I've been overruled. They want harmony for the new slides and new ship feel I guess

I was going to say go balcony cabin unless there are people who really want the new slides, then they will make that decision for you. Sounds like that decision has been made for you already then.

Thanks for all the input. I called RC and it's only $500 cdn for a Park balcony. I think that will be a good compromise as it's $1500 more for OV balcony.

At least that way will get some daylight and a breeze :)

Haven't been on either yet but if same itinerary, then another factor is if you would like to try the slides (water and non water). Or for me, I'm a theatre lover so the show would be deciding factor. I wouldn't care as much about the cabin but that's just me.

P.S. - Just read one of your later posts and you said you're coming with kids who would love the slides. To me, that would be the deciding factor... Harmony

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Edited by LuCruise

Thanks for all the input. I called RC and it's only $500 cdn for a Park balcony. I think that will be a good compromise as it's $1500 more for OV balcony.

At least that way will get some daylight and a breeze :)

Awesome! I suppose if I were 8-10 I'd select water slides too!

Promenade room on Harmony next feb

vs

OV balcony on Allure.

Both are the same price except Allure has balcony for that price. We have sailed Oasis before and loved it.

Thanks

I would go with the Allure.