Recent photos of empress of the seas in dry dock

What can happen in Tenerife-meaning is it a dock for work or a dock for supplies or ?

Some have speculated that they stop there for crew transfers as there are better airport connections there than in Cadiz.

Some have speculated that they stop there for crew transfers as there are better airport connections there than in Cadiz.

That's true. There are still some workers for pullmantur that need to disembark and some final supplies for the crossing to Freeport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Maybe some cheaper fuel now that she can use it.

Any fuel available in the Canaries would be similar to fuel in Hawaii, where the cost of transporting it there has to be included in the price. I frequently bunkered fuel in Algeciras, for years, so I don't think Spanish prices are out of line.

Just called C&A 3 times (didn't trust just one person lol) and asked if they were adding a solarium since it was stated in the email and was told they have decided to add one but couldn't tell me where just that the internal system says there will be one...but we shall see soon enough I guess. looking at videos of the ship and deck plans, seems like they would have to put it at the front of the ship on top of Windjammer. But I feel like to support a pool that would be some major work for supporting it and currently there is a glass skylight in part of the area above windjammer. Anyone have theory of were else it could be put?

Just called C&A 3 times (didn't trust just one person lol) and asked if they were adding a solarium since it was stated in the email and was told they have decided to add one but couldn't tell me where just that the internal system says there will be one...but we shall see soon enough I guess. looking at videos of the ship and deck plans, seems like they would have to put it at the front of the ship on top of Windjammer. But I feel like to support a pool that would be some major work for supporting it and currently there is a glass skylight in part of the area above windjammer. Anyone have theory of were else it could be put?

I'm sure I saw it somewhere it will be basically within the spa area 2b2d42e575259c5012a6e3aa0d1671bb.jpgea782cd1e76542c925707fb9a7705003.jpg

Edited by monarch142

There is a distinct possibility there can be a solarium added without a pool. There doesn't need to be a pool in there and have heard discussions previously about one being added without one.

I agree that forward above the windjammer seems like the logical place as it's mostly empty space for Lounging already.

oh well aren't they being tricky if there is no pool..pretty much just put an 18 or older sign for the part of the front of the boat and they can call that the solarium...

On a side note if they dont put a solarium there they should change it into mini golf or something cause it really is a waste of space.

oh well aren't they being tricky if there is no pool..pretty much just put an 18 or older sign for the part of the front of the boat and they can call that the solarium...

On a side note if they dont put a solarium there they should change it into mini golf or something cause it really is a waste of space.

Maybe add a roof type area since the solarium folks seem to enjoy that aspect of it? (Shade) I dunno.

What does that mean within the spa area? like they are going to take over the spa and put it in or do you mean they are putting it on top of the spa?

I read somewhere (trying to locate the article) it would be located there. That could have changed like rci have been changing their minds about a lot of things recently.

The pool deck I don't think is now an option as that area has been finished. 1561fe7a56ebfbb7ffdc2e3da412da8d.jpg

Edited by monarch142

I read somewhere (trying to locate the article) it would be located there. That could have changed like rci have been changing their minds about a lot of things recently.

The pool deck I don't think is now an option as that area has been finished. 1561fe7a56ebfbb7ffdc2e3da412da8d.jpg

Hold up...Could that be a movie screen right below the funnel?

Also: where are you getting these pictures?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

What does that mean within the spa area? like they are going to take over the spa and put it in or do you mean they are putting it on top of the spa?

Looking at that picture posted, the structure appears to be between the Viking Crown and spa.

That support structure doesn't appear to be new. I can see it in some pictures of Empress under the Pullmantur brand.

Gotcha. When I searched, I first looked at an early pic that didn't have it. Now I see it in newer RCI pics before going to Pullmantur.

I'm sure I saw it somewhere it will be basically within the spa area 2b2d42e575259c5012a6e3aa0d1671bb.jpg1561fe7a56ebfbb7ffdc2e3da412da8d.jpg

Hold up...Could that be a movie screen right below the funnel?

Also: where are you getting these pictures?

Is this a recent picture of the empress or old? Because it looks like from the deck plans there should be 6 hot tubs not 3.

Also excited if that is a movie screen which it has to be.

Edited by AlisaB

That is a movie screen on the pool deck. The structure between the vcl and funnel was existing from her Nordic empress days I posted that pic as an example of where the solarium is alleged to be.

EDIT: I am wondering how they will do it but the forward area above windjammer is no longer turfed but a more permanent exterior floor solution with plenty of open space but two massive radar domes have appeared in that area.

Edited by monarch142

That is a movie screen on the pool deck. The structure between the vcl and funnel was existing from her Nordic empress days I posted that pic as an example of where the solarium is alleged to be.

EDIT: I am wondering how they will do it but the forward area above windjammer is no longer turfed but a more permanent exterior floor solution with plenty of open space but two massive radar domes have appeared in that area.

Any other new features we aren't aware of?:cool:

Do you know all of this info from pictures? Or word of mouth?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Do you have more pictures of her current pool deck? Would love to see what you are talking about.

Haha! Well I wasn't making up information that I was sharing some days ago before the delays occurred but most of what I post on here is in the public domain (Facebook, Twitter, etc). I do receive information and pictures from another source but I can't really post or share much, (only what information ive asked to share and can't share any of his pictures) as we know what happened before to another user [emoji853]

Haha! Well I wasn't making up information that I was sharing some days ago before the delays occurred but most of what I post on here is in the public domain (Facebook, Twitter, etc). I do receive information and pictures from another source but I can't really post or share much, (only what information ive asked to share and can't share any of his pictures) as we know what happened before to another user [emoji853]

Wasn't trying to accuse you of false info just wanted to see pictures but definitely dont wanna get someone in trouble.